PDA

View Full Version : 5-15 mosse draw

russm
06-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey as the title says i got a shared moose hunt for 5-15B from october 15-31,i know a lot of you are probably going to respond by telling me o scout it and do all the work myself but since traveling there to do so is kind of out of the question ill ignore you and hope that some of he freindlier members will be willing to help.

I'd just like to get some general knowledge of the area im not looking to get anybodys secret spot out of them or anything like that just some useful pointers like a rough idea of where to start,where to stay away from,higher bull population areas?(its an any bull hunt) although any advice would be great.

My dad will be working around the area later in the summer so he can do some scouting while there if i could get a good area for him to start that'd be great,this will be mine and my buddies first year moose hunting so any tips that put us in a better position to get something are greatly appreciated.

limit time
06-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Hey, i'm pretty sure you need a boat for that area, you are right between the north and south arms. Last I herd there are no roads to get you over to 5-15B, but I could be wrong. You will need to boat over your quads if you can, if not lots of walking!

thunderheart
06-26-2011, 07:02 AM
yep i to drew 5 15 B cow tag ...was my second choice .. will be researching the roads and the like ... i have been told that the back roads "cariboo" edition has some good maps

Big D
06-26-2011, 07:17 AM
my buddy and i both got a draw for that area 2 years ago there is one little area that you can get to without a boat not a very big place but we pulled 2 bulls out. we camped at ghost lake and hunted along the north side of matthew river it was a great trip a few fish, lots of grouse and most important 2 moose anyhow good luck russm

thunderheart
06-26-2011, 07:19 AM
my buddy and i both got a draw for that area 2 years ago there is one little area that you can get to without a boat not a very big place but we pulled 2 bulls out. we camped at ghost lake and hunted along the north side of matthew river it was a great trip a few fish, lots of grouse and most important 2 moose anyhow good luck russm

can you drive to ghost lake?