PDA

View Full Version : Badger

Mike26
06-25-2011, 07:43 AM
I believe I saw badger has a GOS in some regions, do we even have badgers in BC? If so where, does anyone hunt them? I want to get my hands on a mounted one.

gwillim
06-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Just in case you're not just making a bad joke, check out the Species at Risk Act animal registry, whenever you're getting itchy to kill something...
http://www.sararegistry.gc.ca/sar/index/default_e.cfm?stype=species&lng=e&index=1&cosid=&common=badger&scientific=&population=&taxid=0&locid=0&desid=0&schid=0&desid2=0&

Darksith
06-25-2011, 08:04 AM
not the first time this topic has been brought up as well, recently too if my memory serves me right.

Wild one
06-25-2011, 08:13 AM
If you want a badger the closest place you can hunt them is Alberta

Mike26
06-25-2011, 08:23 AM
okay, I was looking in the regs and It was opposum I saw. still didn't know we had them but thats what I saw. DAMN, i play hockey for the badgers and thought having a mounted one in the dressing room would be cool

SHAKER
06-25-2011, 08:30 AM
I have one come'n in from Alta any day now... Their is some here in B.C. but pretty few and far between and a serious NO-NO for shoot'n. Alberta they can be killed on private land any time I believe. Their was a thread on this about a month ago.

Brambles
06-25-2011, 09:08 AM
They are a serious pest were we hunt in sask, residents can shoot them on site. Gotta be careful walking fence lines and fields in sask in the winter, I almost broke my leg twice last year due to badger holes. Next time my sask buddies kill a big one im gonna have it shipped over and mounted.