PDA

View Full Version : Moose in 5-4

Long bow
06-24-2011, 04:05 PM
My son was lucky this year and got an any bull LEH tag for 5-4...Havent hunted there in years...was wondering if anyone had experiances..or stories from around Tet angela creek, or generally how the moose(deer) population is out that way..we used to go in at Hanceville..
thanks much

pg83
06-24-2011, 08:38 PM
There are moose and deer there. Your best bet is to get off the roads as they get hammered pretty hard. I hunt west of Taseko River, but there are logging slashes all over the place and moosey country all over.

Long bow
06-25-2011, 12:28 AM
PG83...thanks for the input...I remember seeing a huge wolf on one of the cut lines back off the main rd...my first wolf actually. I remember spending 10 days back in there..with a full moon and clear skys every night...we never saw a critter...anther time it was more normal , and we got snow too..that year we got 3 off the big grass meadows...thanks again

pg83
06-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Big grassy meadows ate the place to be. Makes life a whole lot easier after the shot.

Long bow
06-27-2011, 12:30 PM
You betcha..those grass meadows are always a hit...funny, no cover and they are right in the middle of those grass meadows...and the free range cattle dont bother them..

Ike
06-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I remember spending 10 days back in there..with a full moon and clear skys every night...we never saw a critter...anther time it was more normal , and we got snow too..that year we got 3 off the big grass meadows...thanks again

Hope you don't have the September early draw, there's a whole week of full moon phase in that one.
5-4 is a good area, LOTS of pressure but it is pretty big and has a few moose. Those meadows are good indeed.

Cheers