PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Goat MU 2-6

wildcatter
06-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Since I didn't get a goat tag I am thinking about giving it a try in 2-6 up the Squamish River valley.
I would like to ask for advice from anybody who hunted for goat in the area.
Is there any chance getting a billy in the part not closed?
Thanks all

Blair
06-24-2011, 06:29 PM
They are up there. I have seen them in the Ashlu headwaters so they are probably in the Elaho as well.. tough country to hunt though.

pse&remington
06-24-2011, 07:06 PM
As Blair said, where they are in the Elaho is quite hard to get up into. I seen a few up there back in May. For some reason I thought it was closed, guess I should get me a tag! Good Luck
What happens to the meat if it falls off a 500 ft cliff?

wildcatter
06-24-2011, 10:08 PM
I guess it gets tenderized hehe
Yes it's tough country and lot's of bushwacking, but will give it a try and do some scouting in July or August.
Check map B9, the Ashlu is off limit, so it's the Elaho, or up Soo river from Pemberton, but the first part of the road is on private land I think.

What happens to the meat if it falls off a 500 ft cliff?

gunnie2008
06-25-2011, 12:32 AM
I have spotted them along Elaho River on the south facing slopes. you'll need a good Spotting Scope. I have Camped near the River then Motor biked it in for Spot n Stalk. follow the road to 2nd bridge that crosses elaho river this old road takes you to Sims("goat")Creek. spot n walk up creek drainages check them out. If your in good shape n determined your chance is good. as long as the weather co operates,
Check out Google earth n down load your own maps of area.
Coastal Elk have been transplanted in this area. check for road restrictions.
good luck

snow
01-26-2014, 05:23 PM
It's been a couple of years since the last update to this thread.... and I wonder if anyone has been successful in 2-6 for Mountain Goat?

ryanb
01-26-2014, 10:03 PM
It looks easy when you're up there in the winter or spring because the winter range is right along the river. It's a very tough hunt come September. Open season so close to a large urban center with almost non-existant success. They're there if you know where to look and are willing to go to extraordinary lengths.