PDA

View Full Version : I drew NIL, looking for some suggestions for a MOOSE trip Northern BC

pse&remington
06-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Well like were all familiar with, I drew NIL. Been up to Pink Mtn in the past years and was looking for some other suggestions for Open MOOSE up in northern BC.
Anyone willing to give any suggestions?

300H&H
06-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Ive heard PG can be a gong show with road hunters.
But with that said moose are taken in that area every year.
My best advise....park, and get out and walk.

pse&remington
06-24-2011, 02:56 PM
not so into road hunting, i find there are way more animals in the bush, i have some buddies who grew up in PG i will see what they say thanks.

pse&remington
06-24-2011, 02:59 PM
only problem with PG is spike fork and calf only.

swampthing
06-24-2011, 03:03 PM
I think if you have been to pink mountain you have found as good as moose country as you can drive to.

bforce750
06-24-2011, 03:44 PM
chetwynd .....Hudson hope, Tumbler Ridge, sakunka Fsr,Del Rio, all good places to go. If you have driven all the way out to Pink Mtn...I dont think you need any more direction...there is plenty of opportunity in all these areas starting August 15...any bull

pse&remington
06-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Nice HH & TR I never really thought of thanks, exactly what I was looking for, just looking for new places to explore.
Are the sakunka fsr & del rio both outta Tumbler Ridge?
Also curious they seem like they are great places for white tail as well?

takla1
06-24-2011, 05:45 PM
anywhere along the alaska hyw north of sikinni chief,pick a cut line, any cutline and start hoofing her,atv preferble ,and after the 15th of sept,they usually start rutting then good luck

fearless
06-25-2011, 06:28 AM
Nice HH & TR I never really thought of thanks, exactly what I was looking for, just looking for new places to explore.
Are the sakunka fsr & del rio both outta Tumbler Ridge?
Also curious they seem like they are great places for white tail as well?
Not sure where the sakunka is but del rio is off the jackfish behind Chetwynd lots of hunters for a small area, like the other guys said if you've been to pink mountain you're in the right area , just hit any road you'll find something if not lots of hunters. Good luck where ever you decide. Myself I'm going to join the mob up the Tuchodi for opening elk season.

elkdom
06-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Sukunka area is deluged with oil and gas drilling , pipeline development, coal mine traffic, extreme heavy vehicles all hours of the day, the area is proliferated with heavy industry,

but there are some nocturnal elk and moose, good luck, lol

25tikka
06-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Maybe consider a fly in out of Tatogga or Dease. Lots of moose up there with fly in lakes all to yourself (usually). Sheep goats and caribou too.

moose2
06-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Well like were all familiar with, I drew NIL. Been up to Pink Mtn in the past years and was looking for some other suggestions for Open MOOSE up in northern BC.
Anyone willing to give any suggestions?

This thread from last week may help also PM on the way http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?9-Mainland-British-Columbia/page5&order=desc
Mike

pse&remington
06-30-2011, 08:37 AM
thanks everyone for all your ideas, these areas are looking to be quite promising. To be cont................