PDA

View Full Version : Moose Draw MU 3-30 Nov1 to Nov 10

Badbrutus
06-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey Guys

My daughter got the cow calf Moose draw for the MU 3-30. Just curious about the area, a friend of ours has a cabin in the Bonaparte area that we can use but I have not hunted the area before. This will be my daughters second trip and I would like to give her the best shot at getting her critter so any help would be appreciated.

hillclimber
06-24-2011, 05:06 PM
What side of the lake is your friends cabin on? (east or west) It is a decent area for moose. If there is a dusting of snow find the tracks and follow them that would be your best bet. Bonaparte Hammer Lake and Eagan Lake area would be where I focus on. I always see a cow moose there during hunting season. Lots of logged areas to. I don't think your daughter will have a problem filling her tag.

takla1
06-24-2011, 05:48 PM
that can be a tough hunt,look toward the north east end of bonapart,be on the roads early, all day, and into the evening last light, you may get lucky

Hunterguy
06-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Road hunting for moose goes out the window come Nov. Look for moose first thing in the mornings deep in the corners of cut blocks, hunt the afternoons just inside
the big timber for chance of getting something out of their bed.

If you give your wife an inch she will soon become a RULER!!!

Darksith
06-25-2011, 07:26 AM
yeah, bonaparte is pretty easy moose hunting, stick to the blocks, do lots of traveling, you just gotta find one standing in a block or on the tree line. Shouldn't have an issue with snow yet at that time so you should be able to get everywhere. Just keep moving.

Why do you guys say that road hunting goes out the window in nov? Thats the only way to hunt them that time of year. They don't respond to calls, they might be hangning out in smallish groups still, you just gotta find them. Its all about putting on kms when the moose are finished rutting IMO

Jelvis
06-25-2011, 11:21 AM
If your daughter got 3-30 is good but there are two parts 3-30 zone A and B did you say which one? It does make a difference in where your going to hunt.
Jp .. A or B?

sakofinnlight
06-25-2011, 12:44 PM
I hunt that area alot, hunt around Hammer lake and scott lake and either walk side roads into cuts or just drive roads and i can almost guarantee you will see a hanfull of moose everyday, you will most likely have a little snow to deal with which should work in your benefit.

Badbrutus
06-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys working on getting all the pre trip info I can, I think I will make a few pre season scouting trips up to the area just so I am familiar with the area.

Jelvis her draw is for all of 3-30 the split for sections A or B are for the bull draw, the cow calf draw is for the entire MU.

Jelvis
06-26-2011, 02:09 PM
That is even better cuz now you got lots of area to cruise the fsr's.
I think Hammer and Scott lakes are real good areas for swampdonkey, grouse and some deer. I'd take a ride to Hammer and Lil Scott Lake.
Can go up from Darfield on the Darlington Creek fsr too on Hwy 5 just past Barriere BC.
Into Powder Lake area or come down from Bridge Lake into past Eagan Lake.
Or just 18 k north of Cache Creek up into the Scottie Creek road for moose and deer.
Or Just above Clinton on the Bonaparte River road.
Good luck.
Jel loppy. MU 3-30 moose and deer, grouse, bear.

walks with deer
07-06-2011, 11:55 PM
You should have problem filling a MOOSE TAG AND DEER TAG THERE JUST GET OUT IN THAT OPEN LAND.

tons of grouse aswell.

Westslope
07-07-2011, 10:56 PM
After working right around Bonaparte Lake for the last 5 years I can honestly say the only consistent place I see them in November from a road is behind an access gate that you have to walk around to hunt. Not sure about the other places mentioned as I never go back there unless it's to earn a paycheck. Good chance that if you are driving around there you will get to stop and talk about what you have seen with a bunch of other guys doing the same.