PDA

View Full Version : Moose in 7-04

antileno
06-24-2011, 09:18 AM
So i have been reading all the other threads on tips for hunting moose when you don't have a lot of experience and they have been great, thanks to all who posted on those. I have drawn a moose this year for 7-04 and will be heading up the second week in October to try and fill it. I am only in my second year of hunting and last year i got shut out in my LEH. Just wondering if anyone familiar with the area could point me in the right direction. Not asking to let me in your personal spot just an idea of where one might go to find his own spot.

Thanks!

CanuckShooter
06-24-2011, 09:25 AM
7-04, get a backroads mapbook and hunt the roads....be very careful to stay off private property in 7-04....

antileno
06-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Are you familiar with the area? I have read on some other posts about the private land issues. Is the private land marked so you know or is the onus on us to figure out what is an is not private land? Where would one go to find out what is and isn't private land? Thanks again.

CanuckShooter
06-24-2011, 09:34 AM
The onus is on you to know if land is private or not...you should be able to find out thru regional district offices? [i think or land registries] The area has huge tracts of land that are being bought up by wealthy interests and from what I am told they don't take kindly to you hunting their land.

I spent a few days around Valemount, and Dunster more than a few years ago, but really don't know the area well enough to give anyone pointers...