PDA

View Full Version : Bull moose hunt Oct 1 - 14 in 5-2D

MuleyMadness
06-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Planning on heading up there in the next couple of weeks to do some prescouting (well, camping and quading with a few friends), before heading on up at the end of summer to do my real scouting. Haven't been up there in about 7 or 8 years, and I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on good areas, good camp spots, general area data or any info on changes that may have come up since my last time.

Obviously being a rut hunt we will be focusing on calling and their typical habitat during that time....looking for more of logistical info than hunting.

Thanks all.

willyqbc
06-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Do you have a general area of the region in mind??? Let me know and I may be able to provide some info. Can also help you with other areas with good moose populations. Shoot me an email and i'll help as much as I can.

Chris
mascqbc@telus.net

Badbrutus
06-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Had that draw last year but was not succesful. Did not have as much time as I would have liked but send me a Pm with the area you are thinking about and I can give you all the info I can.

takla1
06-24-2011, 05:57 PM
we had that draw last yr also,hunted hard from day one of opening by quads,covered tones of country,the result....8 days in 24 cows,a few we seen twice, not one bull,we will not be hunting there again!

LYKTOHUNT
06-24-2011, 07:58 PM
we had that draw last yr also,hunted hard from day one of opening by quads,covered tones of country,the result....8 days in 24 cows,a few we seen twice, not one bull,we will not be hunting there again!
Ya it,s terrible there I wouldn,t go there too many wolves and people

KB90
06-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Lol LYKTOHUNT........ Shoot me a pm muleymadness when we get the draw we are successful every year.

slyfox
06-25-2011, 07:58 AM
24 cows sounds like good moose country.

22savage
06-25-2011, 09:05 AM
My buddy had this area last year (september draw) and were put into some great area's by a member on this site. We did see a few bulls in the four days we hunted but just couldn't close the deal . My dad has the draw this year (oct 1 to 14) and with the help we got last year and it being in the peak of the rut it should be a great hunt. Might even get a chance to take a mulie or a black bear as we seen quite a few of them in the area's we hunted last year. Thanks again for the help Chris.

srupp
07-03-2011, 11:43 PM
hmmmm should be a few bulls around....I have pulled bulls out of there..and will be taking time of work to be in that area at the same time trying to do whatever I can to assisit Leaseman on his bull draw...

steven

MuleyMadness
07-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Well perhaps Steven, if you guys are camping out there we could get together one evening perhaps. We haven't decided where we will camp yet for sure, but if you guys are interested fire me a PM with where you are staying...ONE FREE BEVERAGE for every HBC sticker on your truck! :)

Good luck guys.

todbartell
07-05-2011, 10:40 PM
hunted deer in there around thanksgiving a few years back. Don't recall seeing any moose or much moose sign in the few days we were there. Even the deer were a bit scarce! Lots of wolf and coyote sign. Nyland Lake has a nice campsite

srupp
07-05-2011, 10:53 PM
hmmm sounds good...

but Im afraid we will be a considerable distance away.......wink..

cheers

Steven