PDA

View Full Version : 5-12 A LEH moose draw

papaken
06-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Got my draw for any bull in 5-12 A. Oct. 15-30. I have a 12x12 alaknak tent but some of the others going usually like to get a cabin. Was wondering if anyone can recommend hunter friendly resorts in the area. It's been a long time since I hunted up that way. Back then we slept in a tarp leanto or the back of the truck and cooked over the fire, now I need more of the comforts of home. Matter of fact they still had a GOS for antlerless moose. Also if I remember correctly the rut starts earlier than the 15th but not sure of that. Looking forward to hunting up in the Chilcotin again, shot my first deer on the Horsefly-Likley Rd. and my first moose at Aktaklin Lake over 30 years ago.:-D
thx papaken

Blair
06-24-2011, 08:51 PM
They should be rutting up there pretty good by the end of September.

oneheadshot
06-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Good Luck Over Run With WOLFES!!

silvicon
06-24-2011, 09:14 PM
And Indians!!

papaken
06-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Good Luck Over Run With WOLFES!!
Good they are open and I have no problem shootin' them.

elker
06-24-2011, 11:02 PM
I got the same draw at the same area. mine is from Sep 10 to Sep 30. Will be there for a couple weeks hunting. I will bring my MacBook and Rogers rocket stick. Just wonder whether there is WiFi in those area, as I need to work on my computer to make a living. I have never hunted anywhere other than Vancouver Island.

papaken
06-24-2011, 11:15 PM
And Indians!!
Don't have a problem with First Nations. Married to one, lots of family and they are all great people. You know I don't usually wade into the racial stuff that goes on on here but not all Indians, white people, brown people, pink people or blue ones for that matter are the same. If a person has specific evidence of criminal activity by any flavor of individual they should report it. This is a great site for good information and dialogue between hunters. Sometimes though it gets reduced to racial slurs that make me embarrassed to be a part of it. And yes there will be at least a few First Nations as my partners all applied for LEH and got their draws. Sorry for the rant! papaken

frenchbar
06-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Don't have a problem with First Nations. Married to one, lots of family and they are all great people. You know I don't usually wade into the racial stuff that goes on on here but not all Indians, white people, brown people, pink people or blue ones for that matter are the same. If a person has specific evidence of criminal activity by any flavor of individual they should report it. This is a great site for good information and dialogue between hunters. Sometimes though it gets reduced to racial slurs that make me embarrassed to be a part of it. And yes there will be at least a few First Nations as my partners all applied for LEH and got their draws. Sorry for the rant! papaken

X2 .. couldn't have said it better!The guy is a complete Idiot...

papaken
06-24-2011, 11:36 PM
They should be rutting up there pretty good by the end of September.
Any idea how long the rut goes up there? I would love to try calling a bull into archery range. If to late this year maybe I'll try for a earlier draw next year.
thx

papaken
06-24-2011, 11:44 PM
I got the same draw at the same area. mine is from Sep 10 to Sep 30. Will be there for a couple weeks hunting. I will bring my MacBook and Rogers rocket stick. Just wonder whether there is WiFi in those area, as I need to work on my computer to make a living. I have never hunted anywhere other than Vancouver Island.
Don't know about wifi but years ago it used to be long distance to phone across the street in Anahim Lake LOL. It was much cheaper to just yell to your neighbor, but it's probably all changed communication wise.

TimberPig
06-25-2011, 10:16 AM

I'm afraid you're going to be in for a big disappointment for service. There isn't any cell service out there and the only way you're going to get any WiFi is if you know someone and are right in town and can connect to their network, or someone has left theirs unsecured. Internet service out in the Chilcotin is pretty primitive compared to larger centres.

EvanG
06-25-2011, 07:50 PM
There are a few resorts still running at puntzi lake, should be accomadating.

doubled
06-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Was there last year and no cell service. Laptop was used as a DVD player and that was it.