PDA

View Full Version : GOS Moose

Quaz
06-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Which MU do you reckon has the best population of moose and an open season? I got skunked out on my LEH (Sheep, Bison and Roosevelt Elk weren't the best choice I guess... :neutral: )and figure I am going to try my luck in some new country this season. Ideally an any bull but I can count points too.

jeff
06-23-2011, 04:56 PM
fort nelson on the lieben main

chinookkiller
06-23-2011, 05:01 PM
6-22,23,24

Matty_ola
06-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Pink mountain and beyond, Great bulls and beautiful country. I've got buddies that go every year, up fort nelson area and always come back with a freezer full.

If you're looking to stay closer to home try 3-20 3-28 3-29 for the S/F bull GOS. Some pretty productive spots in there if you can spend a bit of time learning the area.

moosinaround
06-23-2011, 05:09 PM
MU 7B North of Ft St John. Along the eastearn slopes of the rockies. The flat muskeg areas to the east of the rockies towards the Alberta border are pretty good moose country too! Any bull season from Aug 15 to the end of Aug, then Sept 1, 10 points on 1 side including the brow tines, 3 brow tines, or spike fork. Check out areas near Fontas Creek, or the Beatton River. Holman Creek, or around the Nig fire. These are areas I could have shot a bull in for 3 years straight, but I was working. Early mornings, and late in the evenings is when they decides to roam. When the rut is on they will come out to a fart!! Moosin

Quaz
06-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks fellas. I have a buddy up in FSJ who has pretty good success. I may head up that way, though I had been considering a trip up to Dease Lake, just to have a look about...

CanuckShooter
06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Gas is too expensive to travel that far...lots of moose and elk around Chetwynd....Hudson Hope...

bearhunter338-06
06-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Any bar/night club on the island...................:-)

moosinaround
06-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Gas is too expensive to travel that far...lots of moose and elk around Chetwynd....Hudson Hope...
If gas is too expensive stay at home and buy a beef!

Quaz
06-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Bearhunter 338-06 - you're telling me...

CanuckShooter
06-24-2011, 04:52 AM
If gas is too expensive stay at home and buy a beef!

Are you sick today?? Who in their right mind would eat beef?? If your going to give advice at least try for good advice, like you don't have to drive that far and waste so much money on gas and spend so much time travelling when there is excellent gos hunting much closer....:-)

Fisher-Dude
06-24-2011, 06:07 AM

For some a coupla hundred bucks in fuel isn't the issue, as it's a holiday to get away from it all and see some new country. I guess if a guy just shoots a moose for dog food, it's more about economics. Not so for the rest of us. :D

To the OP, 7B north of FSJ is always a great place to go for a moose adventure. Shoot one of those invasive ELK while you're there too! :wink:

CanuckShooter
06-24-2011, 09:20 AM
For some a coupla hundred bucks in fuel isn't the issue, as it's a holiday to get away from it all and see some new country. I guess if a guy just shoots a moose for dog food, it's more about economics. Not so for the rest of us. :D

To the OP, 7B north of FSJ is always a great place to go for a moose adventure. Shoot one of those invasive ELK while you're there too! :wink:

So what you feed your dog, cow?? You afraid to do your own killing for dog food???? ;-) btw our mastiff prefers elk, the jack likes WT, it's only the other two that prefer moose. I feel sorry for your pets having to eat crappy cow killed by a stranger... :-)