PDA

View Full Version : region 5-01 any bull moose oct 15 -30

rides bike to work
06-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Got my first leh draw .If any one with experience in this area has any tips for me it would be greatly appreciated thanks .

Buck TraX
06-22-2011, 05:20 PM
i put in for that draw to but dident get it. look around behind green lake,jim lake area also try windy mountain up near bowers lake,or hang a left off hyw 24 at roe lake and look around english lake
GOOD LUCK!!!

Steeleco
06-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Don't expect to see too many deer, they are usually all gone IME, There are moose find the sign and hunt the blocks hard. Look for downed that have been chewed fresh. Good luck.

hillclimber
06-22-2011, 08:11 PM
As Steeleco said you probably won't see any deer that time of year. The moose are where you find them. Sheridan Lake area has a couple moose and same with Windy Mtn area. If you do plan on hunting the Sheridan Lake area my advise for you would be to pick up a trail map which is sold at Interlakes General Store and some fishing resorts, google it and there is a map too I believe, and in the summer you can ride the trails with your atv or dirtbike and find all the nice marshy spots and maybe you'll see a moose or 2!

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Brew
06-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Hunt around green, watch and sheridan. drive every backroad and learn where each and every swamp is. Once you learn the swamps walk into all of them every morning and you will find your bull. Have had that draw 2 times and family has had it a couple times also. We all have gotten our bulls. Good luck

M.Dean
06-22-2011, 08:43 PM
We used to hunt quite a bit around English and French Lake, always see lots of Moose and Deer. There was lots of Wolves in that area years ago, hopefully they killed them all. If you can spend a good week up there you should hopefully bag one! Good Luck!

wos
06-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey I got the same draw Ive never bean there but i heard its suppose to be good! Can we forget about the general areas and focus on everybody's honey holes. Help us out hear guys.

hillclimber
06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
We used to hunt quite a bit around English and French Lake, always see lots of Moose and Deer. There was lots of Wolves in that area years ago, hopefully they killed them all. If you can spend a good week up there you should hopefully bag one! Good Luck!

M.Dean didn't hear or see any wolves there in the last 2 summers. I'm sure they are still there but we had a pack of them howling in a field about 50 yards from out camp site one night while sitting around the fire 4-5 years ago.

rides bike to work
06-22-2011, 10:08 PM
thanks for all the tips im planning a scouting tripin august .Its sad I wait all winter for summer now I cant wait till fall.

Magnumb
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Jim Creek and Rat Lake area still has a healthy population of wolves. Seen a few up Windy as well. Put some time in between Green and Sheridan Lakes. Good spots to bump into a Mulie as well.

muleyman
06-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Wolves still thick around English and French concentrate around Needa and Bowers Good Luck

Cyrus
06-24-2011, 01:11 AM
I have the same draw...wolves are everywhere up there...doesn't matter where you go..Some good areas already pointed out. I find weather a bigger factor more than anything...Waking up to +16 and high winds last year killed our draw last year.