PDA

View Full Version : How does this work?

champs
06-22-2011, 11:55 AM
I applied to LEH shared moose hunt with three others. As I understood it, if one of us was picked, we all got picked. Well, the three others got the authorization and I did not.

Possible reasons? The only one I can think of is that I had an error on my card? Other than that, it is strange, no?

reach
06-22-2011, 12:02 PM
We'll get the nitpicks out of the way first :) There are no group hunts for moose - only shared hunts. You didn't get tags - you got authorizations. You still have to buy the tags separately.

Anyway, yes I think the only possibility is an error somewhere - cards not in the same envelope, something illegible on your entry, incorrect numbers from the other cards on the bottom section, etc. It's also possible there was an error on their end so they entered your application into the computer incorrectly. It might be worth calling them to find out.

kuiu
06-22-2011, 12:03 PM
No such thing as a moose group hunt....... There is a moose shared hunt. Did you guys send all 4 cards in the same envelope?

champs
06-22-2011, 12:56 PM
yes i did know that it is just an authorization, just could not think of the right word at the time. - yes the cards were all in the same envelope. i am thinking it must have been an error on my card, or on the input to the computer.

Drillbit
06-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Sounds like you'll be doing the cooking!

BillyBull
06-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Best option for you is to call the office and explain the scenario to them.. have the other hunter numbers and they should be able to tell you that it was a input typo or that you had a typo on your card.

barry1974w
06-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Well you still get two authorizations, so you don't get to shoot. But at least you should still get half a moose if the hunting gods smile upon you party.

Jehiah
06-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I would give the victoria office a phone call. Sure, it was your mistake on the card (we assume - and they will have it on file for varification) but the intent was there. Your card being voided reduced your group's odds and does not affect the number of authorizations your group recieves therefore I cant understand why they wouldnt add you into the group after the fact. (To strengthen your argument you could get the signed consent and hunter numbers of each of your group).