PDA

View Full Version : Parsnip Moose 7-23

hugh55
06-22-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm just looking for a bit of info on 7-23 ie roads and good spots if you would like to share that. I've hunted a fair bit in 7-22 and up but never tryed this area. Thanks

tinhorse
06-22-2011, 10:49 AM
is it 7-23 a,b,c, d or e. lots of different areas and access for each of the sub areas. also is it cow or calf and when are you planning on going?

hugh55
06-22-2011, 10:56 AM
It's 7-23 A and it's a Bull mosse, September 5th

lip_ripper00
06-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Have a look at the kennedy siding accessed just east of the Mackenzie turn off, Hit the power lines and head toward the Parsnip. 2-3 km from the river road on the left follow this 10 km or so to the cross road, left or right of here is great area I have called several moose out of the swamps here. If your looking for a place to camp go left at the cross road and find where creek crosses. It has been a few years since I have been in their,and I would think a 4x4 will be needed. Good luck

emerson
06-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Are you planning to go right away Sept. 5 or so? It will get a lot busier later. How about some kind of boat? Once on the water, even in a small aluminum w/OB, you have access to many areas others on wheels do not.

moosinaround
06-22-2011, 02:58 PM
There is lots of info on 7-23A on this site. Do a search up in the search area it will bring up quite a few threads. If it is a bull draw, come up in the rut!! They will come to you. I would shoot for the last week of Sept, first week of October, or the first 2 weeks of Oct. But thats me! Moosinaround

Ride Red
06-22-2011, 03:49 PM
There is lots of info on 7-23A on this site. Do a search up in the search area it will bring up quite a few threads. If it is a bull draw, come up in the rut!! They will come to you. I would shoot for the last week of Sept, first week of October, or the first 2 weeks of Oct. But thats me! Moosinaround

Yes, and you won't be hunting in your shorts and t shirt fighting off the bugs. Nothing more satisfying than calling a bull into your location.