PDA

View Full Version : Grizz 7-7 Help me understand the eating habits of the fall grizzly.

emerson
06-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Yes, I got a griz draw and am asking for help, not your secret spots, but to understand the habits of the quarry. I haven't hunted specifically for grizzly before, so I'm trying to understand what they are up to in this area in the fall. Will they be after fish by the creeks/rivers? Or will it be berries up high?? How do their habits differ from black bears? I will be spending some time scouting 7-7 for moose and elk. It will be my main area this year. Once I start to understand the animal then I can apply that knowledge to any area in the future. Thanks for your help.

SHAKER
06-22-2011, 06:09 PM
What ever has the most calories at the time will be the food of choice. Bears are trying to put the beef on so............

sarg
06-22-2011, 06:19 PM
i was at wansa lake two year ago in 7-7 and seen alittle bit of g bear sign in some of the roughly 3-4 year old cut blocks, but it was few and far between.

swampthing
06-22-2011, 06:59 PM
My experience with grizz sightings has placed them in the alpine during the fall. This is in areas with no salmon rivers. But, if there isnt a mountain, I have a hard time finding any animals. I have never learned to hunt flat country.

BCrams
06-22-2011, 08:31 PM
There's a place along Kenneth Creek if you're willing to hike in and set up a tree stand. They'll be cruising the bars looking for easy to catch chinook salmon.