PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info & share info on 4-03 LEH elk

300H&H
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Both Dad and I have been drawn for antlerless elk in 4-03 Oct 01-10.
We have not hunted much in that area so I am looking for any info and will share it with others who have the same draw.
Here is the page to view the area.
Look at 4-03 elk...printer friendly version.
Limited to below 1100 meters.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/elk1100m.html

I know alot of draws have been given out and Im sure other HBC members have it also, so lets help each other and get our elk.

PS if anyone can help with land owner contact info it would be appreciated.

300H&H
06-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Info is starting to come in.
Looks like I need to talk to land owners.

Kudu
06-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I have the same draw, at same time. I will send you whatever info I manage to gather - best of luck.

hunter1947
06-23-2011, 03:03 AM
I saw hundreds of cow elk on my shed hunts on crown land in 4-03 below the 1100 meter mark I will send you a private message of this area..

Fishhound
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
I got 1 of the cow/calf tags too so any info would be great thanks.

300H&H
06-25-2011, 10:21 PM
I got 1 of the cow/calf tags too so any info would be great thanks.

Info is coming in....keep in touch.

Have you thought about where you will be opening morning ?

300H&H
06-25-2011, 10:22 PM
I saw hundreds of cow elk on my shed hunts on crown land in 4-03 below the 1100 meter mark I will send you a private message of this area..

Thanks Wayne.

markm7
06-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Me and my wife both were successful in getting this draw for the upcoming season as well! I am hoping to get a bull ,but would love some elk meat. So I would not hesitate at my chance at a cow so any info would be great thanks

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
06-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I was unsucessfull in getting drawn for this area as my second choice so I wish everybody a sucessfull hunt that got drawn. Crown land is the way to go for me but have been the camera guy a few times on private property hunts down there. Any of the land owners that let you hunt their property are nice people but will keep tabs on you so that everyone toes the line and we sure cant fault them for that. Might be a tad different for archery only hunting but either way they will be helpfull to the point of telling you where the best spots are to set up. Everybody is a hunter of some kind-camera to gun to just plain old eyeballs. I think the crown land thing is more of a challenge but if a farmer - rancher said there is a good spot by this fence post I would be there likedy split and be gratefull for the info. its a big area to so no matter how many hunters and friends are there it shouldent get started. In the early days of the limited entry hunts on private land the owners dictated how many hunters per day etc so make sure you contact people well in advance incase of over booking. Suprising how many people get these draws and dont get to come for various reasons. Well that my two cents worth. now im gonna pick a retirement date for fall then hunt around and find WAYNE and introduce myself. Hopefully he will be where the elk are Good luck again people Mickey

hunter1947
06-27-2011, 01:46 AM
I was unsucessfull in getting drawn for this area as my second choice so I wish everybody a sucessfull hunt that got drawn. Crown land is the way to go for me but have been the camera guy a few times on private property hunts down there. Any of the land owners that let you hunt their property are nice people but will keep tabs on you so that everyone toes the line and we sure cant fault them for that. Might be a tad different for archery only hunting but either way they will be helpfull to the point of telling you where the best spots are to set up. Everybody is a hunter of some kind-camera to gun to just plain old eyeballs. I think the crown land thing is more of a challenge but if a farmer - rancher said there is a good spot by this fence post I would be there likedy split and be gratefull for the info. its a big area to so no matter how many hunters and friends are there it shouldent get started. In the early days of the limited entry hunts on private land the owners dictated how many hunters per day etc so make sure you contact people well in advance incase of over booking. Suprising how many people get these draws and dont get to come for various reasons. Well that my two cents worth. now im gonna pick a retirement date for fall then hunt around and find WAYNE and introduce myself. Hopefully he will be where the elk are Good luck again people Mickey

Mountain Mickey LOL yes you got that right meeting good people from this site and yes you have it right trying to find Wayne in the elk kingdoms I will be roaming with the elk somewhere in the EK I call gods land

j270wsm
06-27-2011, 07:15 AM
If I remember correctly there is a 10 day GOS for cow elk in 4-03 that opens Sept 20. I never heard any official numbers but Im sure there was fair number of cows taken during the GOS. If you can it might be benificial to come for part of the GOS.

hunter1947
06-28-2011, 02:22 AM
If I remember correctly there is a 10 day GOS for cow elk in 4-03 that opens Sept 20. I never heard any official numbers but Im sure there was fair number of cows taken during the GOS. If you can it might be benificial to come for part of the GOS.

I agree this is good advice..

bforce750
06-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Who cares if you were unsuccessful for the zone x draw...you are way better off hunting them opening morning of general season anyway ....come up and shoot them...

300H&H
06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Thank you to all the members who have give great info.
I am just starting to piece my hunt together for opening morning.
It look like Dad & I will stay in Cranbrook and go from there.
he does not want to sleep in the back of the truck !
I can't blame him, at 77 years old he likes his comfy bed (I do also).
Im still waiting to hear back on ranch land access, as so as I do I will post it so keep watching this thread.

300H&H
07-03-2011, 12:56 AM
bump back to the top

300H&H
09-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Again bumped up....any help