PDA

View Full Version : BCAA Outdoor 3D Championships July 9/10 (all welcome)

ALC
06-22-2011, 09:31 AM
- The BCAA has changed its policy and now it allows non-BCAA members to shoot in their championships. It saves the average man $45 and they get to shoot in the non-competitive category, but are then able to compare their scores to the best shooters in BC.
- Non-competitive athletes will also be able to shoot with other non-competitive archers of their choice on Sunday.
- Although the shoot is not a qualifier for the Canadian championships in Regina, sponsorship money is up for grabs from the BCAA. Quesnel’s Chris Wright designed a handicapping system that makes for fair comparison across archery categories. The system is based upon the average scores from the last five years at Canadian outdoor championships for the top three competitors in each category. The system is the fairest I am aware of.
- There is plenty of free primitive camping with flush toilets.
- There is also still time to register for the Early Bird draw of the Rinehart Rhino Block target (worth $180). Because of the mail strike, if you email or phone Sarah Jackman by this Saturday, June 25, you will be entered in the draw. Her contact information is 250-398-5691 or email sarah.jackman@hotmail.com (sarah.jackman@hotmail.com)
- Last year, the guys did a super job of the shoot. Those who were there said it was one of the best shoots they had ever shot.
- We sure hope to see everyone there.

Bow Walker
06-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Good for Chris! Is his system a formula or a table that might be downloaded for us redneck shooters on the Island?

sammy99
06-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey Bow Walker:

The handicapping system, scores used and the actual handicaps per category can be found on the BCAA's website. www.archeryassociation.bc.ca (http://www.archeryassociation.bc.ca). Click on Athlete Stuff on the left hand side of the page and then scroll down to the 3D section. You can view either the selection criteria or the actual calculations from there.

The BCAA has been using this system to pick the team for Nationals out of declared athletes, for the past few years now. It is done with an eye to bringing home medals for BC and has done a very good job of it, with the many Team BC archers medalling at Nationals each year.

Hope this answers your question.
Sam

oldtimer
06-22-2011, 04:52 PM
See you folks there. Should be a good shoot as usual. Make sure you bring the Bug Dope !! Hope the weather holds cuz company is always great !......Mike

Bow Walker
06-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks Sammy, I appreciate the quick response.

I won't be able to make it, but my brother - Bow Sitter will be there, mooching meals, tips and tricks, and hopefully dropping off some good Island oysters to Oldtimer....

Good luck to everybody involved - especially B.S.'er....

Ike
07-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Leaving tomorrow for the Lake :)
Hope the rain holds off for the weekend

Good luck to all who are attending!

Bowzone_Mikey
07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
weather report says 18 degrees ... with little chance of rain ... all weekend

Ike
07-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Glad to hear that, I forgot that it is Interior weather and not coastal like I am used to. The weather forecast I saw said 40% chance of showers Sunday, which for Bella Coola means light to moderate monsoon. ;)

I will pack my sunscreen
Cheers

Bow Walker
07-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Good luck to everyone. Have a blast.

oldtimer
07-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Awesome shoot !!! excellent Lay Out of the course. Definitely had to be thinking a lot about yardages.Congrats to Lee Jackman and his crew of volunteers.
It was good to see a lot of old friends and made some new ones.
B.C. will have a GREAT team going to the Nationals with representation from all over the Province. Good luck Team B.C.
RON, thanks for the Oysters !!! and congratulations on your Medal, don't rub it in too much on Big Brother. Mike

BowSitter
07-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks Mike!! I'm sure you will enjoy the oysters and you are welcome!
I will try and be good to my bro.(NOT)LOL

bowhunterbruce
07-11-2011, 02:13 PM
does anyone have the final results from all of the different catagories

oldtimer
07-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Not off the top of my head .They will be posted on the BCAA site soon I think but if you have a specific category I might remember.
Some of the archers who made the team are : Michael Wright, Samantha Wright, Al Campsall, Bernie Van????? ( sorry Bernie ) Ken Bouck, Christine Reimer,Leon Meir (sp),B. Harper I think. Hope no one is offended if I got spelling wrong or missed someone....Mike

BowSitter
07-11-2011, 03:28 PM
You should be able to go to the BCAA (British Columbia Archers Assc.)website and get the results there when they get around to posting them.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Best shoot I have been to in BC .... and a a damn close to ever ... Lee and Crew did a great job on setting up the shots to make a guy think about them .... I know I got caught more often than I would like to admit a little high or a little low .....

Had a great group as always on saturday(Samantha, Al and Michael) ... had an awesome group on Sunday, Miles, Mike, Scott and Little James ... you guys are great! I'll shoot with you anytime ... thanks for the laughs .... and "Expecting big things" on a 30 yard broadside deer... (sonofabitch) ;)

I have sent a few emails allready to some of the sponsors of the Provincials thanking them for great swag etc... specifically the "Archers Nook"

I lost the tag to my door prize ... It was donated by a Family That much I remember ... I wanted to say thank you for it ... when I brought the fishing kit in .. it made my 3 years olds week because now she has a "real fishin' rig" of her own.. instead of using my small one.

Was great to see some familiar faces again and meeting some new ones ... Looking forward to Provincials in Salmon Arm (pending aproval) and Nationals At Silver Star/Vernon (pending FCA aproval) in 2012

Cheers
Mikey

Ike
07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
And the rain held off until we were finished shooting!!
A most excellent weekend

dave*
07-12-2011, 12:33 PM
A fun shoot. Very interesting to see so many people with their "game face" on. I know I got caught by the nerves a few times and flubbed a couple of "gimme" targets.

Definitley cool to see some of the regional big dogs in the various classes all in one spot,

Cariboo Archers on facebook has posted some pictures from the weekend, if any one else remembered to take a camera I would love to see some more.

Some other results if I remember correct

Bill Southall first in M60
Sandy Watson second in M50
Darryl Campbell third in Bowhunter release
APA Shooter first name unknown , Harper from the Island took first in Bowhunter Release
Barry Bepple Third in Hunter
Ted Kennedy Second in Hunter
Dave Sima First in hunter

I got flighted with Ted Kenedy/Bill Southall/Sandy Watson on the sunday, another fun group to be with, all three of those guys were throwing it down, a real pleasure to shoot with guys at the next level, we had a few targets that had all four arrows in the X ring, my "lucky" arrows ended up minus a few fletchings. Thankfully the reserve arrows had some good mojo as well.

Bow Walker
07-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks Mike!! I'm sure you will enjoy the oysters and you are welcome!
I will try and be good to my bro.(NOT)LOL
SO! What's this ka-ka about a medal?!?

You go and show up the locals - again!?

BowSitter
07-12-2011, 04:50 PM

No showing up anyone anywhere!! It sometimes is amazing what can happen when you shoot with your eyes closed!

oldtimer
07-12-2011, 04:58 PM

He shot very well.... I think maybe Dan it is time I introduce you to either Michael or Sam for a little Head to Head competition.
What do you think Ron ? Michael by 50 points ? LOL
Mike

Eagle1
07-12-2011, 06:09 PM
A great shoot put on by the Williams Lake club.
The Island brought home a few medals.
Brian Harper 1st BHR
Bernnie " Vandangle" 2nd BHR { LOL}
Ron Tuson 2nd M-50
Alfred Braun 3rd M - 50
I got forth M- 50
Greg Birtwhistle { i think 2nd M-60 not sure }
Mike Poole 1st recurve
Brian and Bernnie made the BC team{ again} way to go guys.
Us Island boys did very well, and it was fun :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bow Walker
07-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Congratulations to all you Island rednecks. Especially to Brian, Bernie, and my little bro'.

I'd love to be able to meet Samantha, Michael, Chris et al. Also some of the Interior Clowns that I've traded remarks with on here. You know who you are...

When things get settled it will happen.

oldtimer
07-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Looking forward to it Dan..Mike

Bowzone_Mikey
07-13-2011, 09:22 AM
I got Red Crispy on the kid !!!!

Bow Walker
07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
I got Red Crispy on the kid !!!!

...and one of the 'Interior Clowns' chips in with his 2 cents worth....:mrgreen: What took you so long?

I think it'd be something of an honor to get a can of "whup-ass" opened on me by Michael. I wouldn't get lonely anyway - that's a big group of people.:wink:

Bowzone_Mikey
07-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Its a good club ... I am not only a member , but the president too ...