PDA

View Full Version : If you see a coyote kill it

Livewire322
06-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Plain and simple. When the come in season of course. They are the scum of the earth.

bearhunter338-06
06-22-2011, 07:52 AM
And what makes you say that....

one-shot-wonder
06-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Will shooting one or two random dogs even help? What if you end up shooting the alpha and the net effect is more coyotes are produced?

06-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Harsh. I like coyotes, they kill mice...a lot of mice, and I really don't like mice as they are so destructive. I have shot a few coyotes when I use to trap, but I doubt I'll ever kill another.

Now wolves are a different story...

06-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Wicked thread!
no reasoning, no question, no theory and a harsh statement.

of course my posting on it is about as much of a waste of time too.

urbanhermit
06-22-2011, 09:16 AM
I hate ants, whenever i can, i pour boiling water down their hole. I hate Ants.

Trojans16
06-22-2011, 10:14 AM
not that I wont shoot one given the opportunity, but I can't say I agree with your assessment

MB_Boy
06-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Plain and simple. When the come in season of course. They are the scum of the earth.

"Maybe the coyote ate your bay-baee" :mrgreen: :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCTZF61ey0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCTZF61ey0)

Drillbit
06-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Well, I kill them when I can. Why not?

-keep them away from the livestock
-keep them away from the yard/kids
-good shooting practice for real situation hunting
-competition for food sources, such as big game, grouse....
-get a bit of $ for the hide if it's in good shape

The only thing they're good for is mousing.

A couple years ago the Province of Saskatchewan paid 20 bucks for a set of 4 feet. They paid out 1.4 million dollars to Sask residents for feet. I'm sure some came from over the borders a bit, but 70 000 coyotes is a lot. Didn't seem to hit the population that hard.

Bistchen
06-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Wolves as well. Please dont forget to shoot the Wolves.

FirePower
06-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Wicked thread!
no reasoning, no question, no theory and a harsh statement.

of course my posting on it is about as much of a waste of time too.

Can you say POINTLESS??

urbanhermit
06-22-2011, 12:10 PM
i thought the section on ants was very informative, other than that ............

One Shot
06-22-2011, 12:14 PM

You wouldn't happen to be on your lunch break by any chance?

RJ
06-22-2011, 12:19 PM
They are pretty smart too

http://cllctr.com/image/65419a0c254030c03251f8f5e9d38692/312

Kinda looks like tods business card ;)

RGM70
06-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Boiling water to kill ants, great idea! I will try that tonight. Better than pouring gas on them and lighten um up. I learn so much from HBC.

steel_ram
06-22-2011, 02:40 PM

When you think about, we're the scum of the earth.

Deeboe
06-22-2011, 02:52 PM

I think this may be the best post I have ever read.... Well said. You made my day as I needed a good chuckle....

f350ps
06-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Ya I agree, coyotes are bad but the one's that get me goin are spiders!! I'd like to killem all except then it would rain all the time, so I don't. :-D K

Peter Pepper
06-22-2011, 04:33 PM
i thought the section on ants was very informative, other than that ............

Yah I was just wondering how to deal w ants (without chemicals as nest is near puppies run)
thanks,
PS Coyotees suck, road-runners rock

Livewire322
06-22-2011, 04:40 PM
My cat went missing yesterday and I'm hoping that she's just gone back to our old place that we just moved from. But coyotes are the scum of the earth and there should be a bounty on them. SOS shoot on sight

Wolfman
06-22-2011, 05:20 PM
See, I agree with a lot of the guys here; why are you so hateful of the 'yotes?

They are part of the bigger picture like everything else and yeah, I have lost chickens to them, had dogs harassed; had horses spooked etc; but they are part of the whole picture - no better no worse.

SHAKER
06-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Shoot a Yote save 12 Deer!.......... Also really bad on killing Mnt. sheep lambs. Smile Wily! 225gr Accubond's your dinner.

swampthing
06-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I shoot them given opportunity but I believe they have a place. In my opinion, think the guy who sold me my house and didnt disclose the problems it had is scum of the earth.

Singleshotneeded
06-22-2011, 07:11 PM
I blast wild dogs when I see them, but don't go out of my way to do so.
I know some people that are way worse than any wolf or coyote ever born...

06-22-2011, 07:24 PM
BAMG FLOP !!!!!!

NEVER LET EM WALK !

They are responsible for the Lowermainlands Ringneck Pheasant demise.

No matter where I am, on the coast, in the Rockies, or muskeg of the North.

BANG FLOP !!

NEVER LET EM WALK !

CT

mark
06-22-2011, 07:36 PM
When I was younger I used to shoot yotes all the time.....then for quite a few years I stopped shooting them for no particular reason????
The past couple winters Ive seen quite a number of mule deer killed by yotes, hunting in packs, often running the deer down the steep hills, into the wildlife fences, along the highways in the okanagan!
Once again I'll shoot every yote I can!

Opinionated Ol Phart
06-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Oh sure-- lets just provide MORE ammo to the Humane Soc.

Gateholio
06-22-2011, 08:31 PM
After enduring yotes kill our baby lambs, a couple of pet cats and chickens, I'm inclined to shoot on sight.

guywitha270
06-22-2011, 08:39 PM
They are responsible for the Lowermainlands Ringneck Pheasant demise.

CT

Yeah, there can't possibly be another reason.

springpin
06-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Yotes are pretty cool:-?....Well, Wiley is anyways:mrgreen:....Phoenix Coyotes suck:wink:....And I don't like ants either:confused:.

guywitha270
06-22-2011, 08:49 PM
The past couple winters Ive seen quite a number of mule deer killed by yotes, hunting in packs, often running the deer down the steep hills, into the wildlife fences, along the highways in the okanagan!

You do realize that deer are a natural food for coyote's right?

Didn't you take Biology class? The predator/prey cycle these animals share would continue just fine without us thank you very much. I realize there's a season for them, but I just don't understand the hate on that people get for these animals. Yes, they kill to eat. Sounds familiar to me. Plus I'm fairly certain the coyote's didn't install the wildlife fences.

I hate to say it, but this is why hunter's get a bad name in the eyes of the public. When these kind of blanket statements about how "I'll kill every coyote I see" are made it doesn't make us look good. It makes us look like we just want to kill something, anything.

The deer population is already getting out of control. Imagine if we took away their predators too.

steel_ram
06-22-2011, 08:56 PM
A lot of deer coyotes are feeding on late hunting season are victims of two legged predators. All those "think I missed".

Gateholio
06-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Most areas have NO BAG LIMIT on coyotes. Which essentially ENCOURAGES hunters to shoot as many as possible.

springpin
06-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Bingo!!! You nailed it

mark
06-23-2011, 09:17 AM

Didn't you take Biology class? The predator/prey cycle these animals share would continue just fine without us thank you very much. I realize there's a season for them, but I just don't understand the hate on that people get for these animals. Yes, they kill to eat. Sounds familiar to me. Plus I'm fairly certain the coyote's didn't install the wildlife fences.

I hate to say it, but this is why hunter's get a bad name in the eyes of the public. When these kind of blanket statements about how "I'll kill every coyote I see" are made it doesn't make us look good. It makes us look like we just want to kill something, anything.

The deer population is already getting out of control. Imagine if we took away their predators too.

I dont need a bio degree to know that coyotes eat deer!
I dont "just want to kill something" its called predator control!
Where exactly is the deer population out of control??????????????
(please exclude towns like kimberly)
If we reduced predators, and the deer population were greater, we could hunt more of them!
Wow, you sound like an anti hunter!

McSledder
06-23-2011, 09:27 AM
dont kill the yotes move them to Canada there dying by them selves in Phoenix

Great thread hahah

RJ
06-23-2011, 09:30 AM
I live close to a big park, theres always new missing cat signs up on the poles. You know fluffy's not coming home. Can't do any hunting around here though.

MillBay
06-23-2011, 09:53 AM
If a coyote is the scum of the earth what is the poacher then. Sure some people hate coyotes because they kill deer etc which means less for us hunters to kill (Pretty selfish attitude) but so do poachers so should they be shot on sight? Humans also kill pets, birds, destroy habitat and so on and so on......I guess my point is, pretty harsh attitude by the original poster. Maybe step back and respect all wildlife in it's place, that's what hunting is all about.

06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
My cat went missing yesterday and I'm hoping that she's just gone back to our old place that we just moved from. But coyotes are the scum of the earth and there should be a bounty on them. SOS shoot on sight

ok that helps to see where you are comming from. I hope the cat comes back too.

reach
06-23-2011, 10:04 AM
It's a well known fact that "outside" cats have a significantly shorter life expectancy than indoor cats. If you really want to keep your cats alive, keep them inside. Just sayin.

Also, when it comes to destructive predators, house cats are pretty high on the list...

shadow1982
06-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Ya I agree, coyotes are bad but the one's that get me goin are spiders!! I'd like to killem all except then it would rain all the time, so I don't. :-D K

UMMM i think i might be responsible for the crappy spring.. sorry guys.

Livewire322
06-23-2011, 03:52 PM
im going to do my part and kill on sight. I miss my cat she was cool. Survival of the fittest though i suppose and if thats the way coyotes play the game of life then im going to call their bluff and raise them an sks. i think that makes me the fittest.
i dont care for art or the bigger picture.

06-23-2011, 03:56 PM
You lucky enough to live where you can discharge?

new hunter
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
I really try to stay out of posts like this , but this is one time I'll make an exception.
We belong to a persecuted and unpopular fraternity which many people would love to see completely disbanded , if not outlawed.
As resposible hunters it seems like we should try to behave as embasaders to the public in the way that we represent this perfectly honerable and traditional lifestyle which we all enjoy . Spouting off about killing coyotes and wolves seems counter productive .
If we want our children and grand children to enjoy this same past time which we all enjoy , perhaps we should watch the attitudes and behavior which we show the public .

RJ
06-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Hah that gave me a chuckle after reading your sig line new hunter

sawmill
06-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I really try to stay out of posts like this , but this is one time I'll make an exception.
We belong to a persecuted and unpopular fraternity which many people would love to see completely disbanded , if not outlawed.
As resposible hunters it seems like we should try to behave as embasaders to the public in the way that we represent this perfectly honerable and traditional lifestyle which we all enjoy . Spouting off about killing coyotes and wolves seems counter productive .
If we want our children and grand children to enjoy this same past time which we all enjoy , perhaps we should watch the attitudes and behavior which we show the public .

Here,Here!Well said Ali.
If you guys want to kill them then go for it but don`t be spouting off about "Kill them all,scum of the Earth"
Too bad about your cat L wire but frankly,I`d rather have a pet coyote than a cat.Besides,cats should not be running loose killing birds and such.

f350ps
06-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Yer kidding right?? Maybe we should change the name to KnitBC so you guys would be more comfortable but you'd have to change yer sig line. K

gwillim
06-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Every so often a cougar will wander into our town and clean up on house cats. I say, give'er Mr Cougar. Less shit in my garden and more song birds in the trees!

sawmill
06-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Yer kidding right?? Maybe we should change the name to KnitBC so you guys would be more comfortable but you'd have to change yer sig line. K

C`mon down son,I`ll knit you a sweater out of my chest hair.

new hunter
06-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Its funny how standing up for your ethics will make some people think your a pussy .
As for the sig line , I kill things to eat them not cause I hate them or don't respect their place in nature .
And I'm not offended by your knitting comment , although I don't knit I have been known to sew , rifle slings, knife sheaths to go with my hand made hunting knives, a few quivers to go with my long bow and most recently a ghillie shawl to go with the rest of my tactical gear.
I would like to make one thing very clear.
I do not condemn or dissagree with predater hunting , and I have alot of respect for the guys that are able to do it, it is my understanding that it is some of the most challenging hunting out their.
But we must have respect for the animals we hunt wether it is for food or trophy . And above all else I feel that when the public thinks of hunters , they should understand that we do respect our quarry whatever the species is , and that they don't mistake us for those that have erradicated species in the past due to ignorance or whatever. Maybe then they will get off our backs about things like the grizzly hunt , which so many people are trying to have banned.

BiG Boar
06-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Can you post a pic of your cat?

SHAKER
06-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah everything has it's place in the world, coyotes included but given the oppertunity he's take'n a dirt nap. Remember you need to retrieve the pelt on them critters legally. I've seen what kind of damage they can do and I'll give them credit for being crafty at it but if I can make the winters a little easier on the rest of critters then I'm doing it. Look nice as a hanging pelt too!

Livewire322
06-23-2011, 11:17 PM
i dont live in a discharge area but a coyotes a coyote. ill kill them up around my property in savona.

guywitha270
06-23-2011, 11:35 PM
I dont need a bio degree to know that coyotes eat deer!
I dont "just want to kill something" its called predator control!
Where exactly is the deer population out of control??????????????
(please exclude towns like kimberly)
If we reduced predators, and the deer population were greater, we could hunt more of them!
Wow, you sound like an anti hunter!

I'm not an anti-hunter. I try to kill a deer once a year for consumption. I enjoy the meat. However, I am against people killing animals for what they perceive is a greater cause that would take care of itself anyway. As for reducing predators so you can hunt more of them, shame on you. You can already go blast away 2 whitetails and a mulie. Throw in an immature bull and you've got quite a lot of meat there.

I'm sorry, but this all this appears to stem from the fact that people are trigger happy and like to blow animals away just because they can. Now, if a farmer is protecting his chickens that are being eaten that's one thing. But killing coyote's in the middle of nowhere and disguising it as predator control is a cop out. Just admit that you like to kill animals. You're not going to jail for it. Plain and simple.

Gateholio
06-23-2011, 11:38 PM
When you rescue a new born baby lamb that is having problems, and spend the next month or so bottle feeding it back to health and it's now all healthy and progressing well, and then the lamb is ripped to shreds by coyotes, you might feel encouraged to kill every yote you get an opportunity at.

Killing off the competition is nothing new in nature.

Gateholio
06-23-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm not an anti-hunter. I try to kill a deer once a year for consumption. I enjoy the meat. However, I am against people killing animals for what they perceive is a greater cause that would take care of itself anyway. As for reducing predators so you can hunt more of them, shame on you. You can already go blast away 2 whitetails and a mulie. Throw in an immature bull and you've got quite a lot of meat there.

I'm sorry, but this all this appears to stem from the fact that people are trigger happy and like to blow animals away just because they can. Now, if a farmer is protecting his chickens that are being eaten that's one thing. But killing coyote's in the middle of nowhere and disguising it as predator control is a cop out. Just admit that you like to kill animals. You're not going to jail for it. Plain and simple.

Hunters are ENCOURAGED by the Province of BC to kill coyotes. It doesn't matter what reason you may have for it.

Whonnock Boy
06-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Yep, coyotes got my parents dog while I was home and they were away on vacation. Let her out like always, went to let her in and she did not want to come back inside. It was the last time I saw her. I felt horrible for my parents, and that it was on my watch when it happened. I hated that little bitch, and then she did this to me. I guess it is true what they say, it is a dog eat, dog world. I do my part whenever I get the chance now.

guywitha270
06-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Hunters are ENCOURAGED by the Province of BC to kill coyotes. It doesn't matter what reason you may have for it.

They can encourage me all they want, it doesn't mean I'm gonna do it. The government wants votes, don't kid yourself. They don't give a rats ass about coyotes and deer. And since the agricultural/rural areas of the province are so often given the shaft, having an open season is one small way they can appeal to ranchers and farmers.

Listen, I'm sorry for all the people who have lost pets and livestock to coyotes. I truly am. However, a coyote is a predator, that's his job. If you were given the chance to have a meal without doing any work you'd jump at the opportunity too. Just the same as a a hawk, a bear, an owl or any other top predator. But for some reason, the coyote has become the target of hatred and disrespect.

I know I'm not going to change your guys' mind on this subject, but you're also not going to change mine. And that's okay.

CanuckShooter
06-24-2011, 06:13 AM
When you rescue a new born baby lamb that is having problems, and spend the next month or so bottle feeding it back to health and it's now all healthy and progressing well, and then the lamb is ripped to shreds by coyotes, you might feel encouraged to kill every yote you get an opportunity at.

Killing off the competition is nothing new in nature.

YOU let them rip the lamb to shreds???

shadow1982
06-24-2011, 06:43 AM
[QUOTE=sawmill;937329]Here,Here!Well said Ali.QUOTE]

I am not sure but didnot Ali have a differnt handle?

Gateholio
06-24-2011, 07:17 AM
They can encourage me all they want, it doesn't mean I'm gonna do it. The government wants votes, don't kid yourself. They don't give a rats ass about coyotes and deer. And since the agricultural/rural areas of the province are so often given the shaft, having an open season is one small way they can appeal to ranchers and farmers.

You don't have to kill yotes if you don't want to,but the biologists that set the NBL regulations think it's just fine to kill them.

Listen, I'm sorry for all the people who have lost pets and livestock to coyotes. I truly am. However, a coyote is a predator, that's his job. If you were given the chance to have a meal without doing any work you'd jump at the opportunity too. Just the same as a a hawk, a bear, an owl or any other top predator. But for some reason, the coyote has become the target of hatred and disrespect.

Coyotes do their job and I do mine. As said before, eliminating competition is normal in nature.

Gateholio
06-24-2011, 07:18 AM
YOU let them rip the lamb to shreds???

Think first.

Type second.

:roll:

treeclimber
06-24-2011, 08:46 AM
A good yote.. Is a dead yote

mark
06-24-2011, 09:13 AM

You couldnt possibly be more wrong! I promise you that!!! I pass on tons of animals that I could legally kill every year, I dont even shoot bears anymore, although I should!
Shooting yotes is nothing more than Predator control to me.
I know the world will keep spinning without it, but if I can shoot a few yotes and save a few deer, that compensates for the deer I eat in a year, and I feel Ive done my part!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/../photos/data/500/medium/IMGA0199.JPG (javascript:;)

butthead
06-24-2011, 09:47 PM
they ate my sister inlaws beagle

elker
06-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Coyotes, Wolves are just first names, their last name is SUZUKI. They are all David SUZUKI's siblings.

SimilkameenSlayer
06-25-2011, 03:04 AM
i hear banjos ..... quick kill a coyote ..... !

lol ............ :roll:

shawnwells
06-25-2011, 05:47 AM
I think this may be the best post I have ever read.... Well said. You made my day as I needed a good chuckle....

..............x2

Livewire322
06-25-2011, 11:20 AM
If they are all SUCKzukis siblings then we should definitely kill them.
They may be part of the bigger picture but I'm in the kind of mood that makes me feel like burning the whole art gallery down

SimilkameenSlayer
06-25-2011, 12:07 PM
are we talking about zukeote's? then yer shoot as many as you like.

emerson
06-25-2011, 12:15 PM
The "anti" arguments against hunting yotes are the same as any other "anti" feelings. If we don't stick together, we will all lose separately.

ravensfoot
07-26-2011, 11:09 AM
One of my favourite sounds while out hunting is the morning Coyotes Howling, My other favourite sound is the crack of a high powered bullet as it is discharged onto it's target. OOWWOOO - KAPOOOW

bandit
07-26-2011, 12:11 PM

Dont pour boiling water on coyotes though, you may end up on the wrong end of some lentil eating socks and sandal wearers

oldschoolguy
07-26-2011, 06:52 PM
how do you hold the ant while pouring boiling water in its hole? I'd have issues aiming, and not getting my fingers burned

illbuyourcatfish
07-26-2011, 09:48 PM
In five years hunting around kamloops I haven't been able to shoot one coyote, I have managed to hit 5 with my truck though.

stugatz
07-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Guywitha270, hhhhhm lets see... tell me which area we are having problems with deer getting out of control i need gps mapping name of roads, creeks etch, you know something we dont? Last time i checked there was no shortage of cayootes around. As far as "kill every coyote i see" as long as its during an open season and is within the bag limit...GO FOR IT!!!!!

stugatz
07-26-2011, 11:16 PM

I know I'm not going to change your guys' mind on this subject, but you're also not going to change mine. And that's okay.
No really, i think you have your opinion and thats ok. But pleeeeese! dont make yourself sound like mr righteous, because thats how you come across. "i'm not an anti-hunter" that statement in itself makes you sound like a friggen PETA mole. Look everyone has opinions but just like a$$holes some stink and you my friend forgot to shower.

.300 R.U.M. Grizzly
07-27-2011, 11:13 AM

Sorry 270, your argument about turning the public opinion in favor of hunting by being politically correct doesn't hold water. Makes about as much sense as wipin yer butt before ya take a dump! If a person hates hunting, you can't sugar coat your comments enough to satisfy them. They hate hunting! Also, many non hunters hate coyotes too, many having had their pets killed by one. There are too many yotes out there IMO!

Look74
07-27-2011, 12:04 PM
What happens to all the Fox, Racoon,when the coyote builds up as they have all the way across Canada, They have killed humans as well as other large animals. and it is seldom done humainley.

troutseeker
07-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Coyotes were put on Earth to piss me off and make excellent spotting and shooting practice. I shoot every one I can, which is unfortunately not every one I see (willey little facks!).

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/7968yote11.jpg

Now don't get me started on bears, shoot the *******s I say, shoot them until they learn to fear us again!!!

Dog gandmit white spritz commode bears...

gunnie2008
07-27-2011, 06:57 PM

I have witnessed coy dogs in packs. Along Esso Refinery property coy's chasing deer in to the chain link fence then attacking their rear leg's.
Dog n Coy Mix.( Wild Dog's) mangy shep x, golden x, terrier . I yelled and threw my pipe wrench at the fence. the doe jumped the fence, they then turned on the smallest coy dog in a heated frenzy and ran after the deer again, lucky for the deer the chain link fence separated them. (I think this not so new breed is more dangerous than Whilley Coyote. ) they won't eat their kill.
seen many a Coyote with a cat even a young poodle in mouth crossing the road.
My Cat was killed for her Bits n Bites on my porch. By Rocky Raccoon. He got a Muzzy tipped 2219. RIP.

Stop the not so new breed.
Keep your pets as best you can. fenced or indoor.

I'll leave your imagination as to how I'd deal with them as per the heated moment!

quadrakid
07-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Quit worrying about antis finding this awful post about killing coyotes. They already think we are all a bunch of small peckered thrill killing hillbillies. Besides pretty much every thread is about killing which is what they dislike,don,t matter if its coyote or deer or whatever. By the way KNITbc is funny

Lillypuff
07-27-2011, 08:02 PM
too each his own but I let them live now enjoy watching them. I use to blast away

aaronfisher
07-29-2011, 08:50 AM
I've never bagged one myslef however I wouldnt mind just one for the hide. Its a just because I can sorta thing

lunatic
07-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Every so often a cougar will wander into our town and clean up on house cats. I say, give'er Mr Cougar. Less shit in my garden and more song birds in the trees!

x2.......fricken cats running wild around here do nothing but shit in all the flower beds and kill birds at our feeders. Keep your fricken cats in your house. How come dogs can't run all over town but it's o.k. to let cats?

SHAKER
07-29-2011, 10:57 PM
x2.......fricken cats running wild around here do nothing but shit in all the flower beds and kill birds at our feeders. Keep your fricken cats in your house. How come dogs can't run all over town but it's o.k. to let cats?

Get a couple of Hounds and they'll keep their cats indoors!

Torch
08-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Funny thing, i read this thread last night and about 2:30am the yotes moved onto our farm... One started screaming outside my wide open bedroom window (ground level) and no more than 30' away... If you ever heard them cry up close you know its painfully loud, even more so when your sound asleep :). The wife and i shot out of bed like our asses were on fire... Grabbed my cz-858 w/rail mounted surefire and hit the door running... Checked all the animals, and checked he forest for glowing eyes... All's well... No dead yotes... We just brought home 4 young goats on monday so thats where i figured they'd go if given a chance. Laid in bed jacked on adrenalin til 4:30... Then crashed...

I guess we'll call last night a draw ;)

Foxton Gundogs
08-03-2011, 09:37 AM
When I was in the Cariboo me and the local coyote population had an agreement. I had the fence post 300yrds from the sundeck marked with flaging tape, the far side of it mouse all you want Mr. Yote, near side of it, Big Sleep. Didn't take to long for them to learn where the marked post was. LMFatAO

Torch
08-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Thats our rule here... But haven't cleared than much yet.... Right now its the tree line, which is about 150yds across and 300yds long... Any predator inside will be shot... For now they have the 95% of my property...i'd say thats fair.

ruger#1
08-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah, there can't possibly be another reason.They have also brought down the grouse and red fox populations.

butthead
08-04-2011, 06:35 AM
they did eat my beagle this spring

Crazy_Farmer
08-04-2011, 10:24 AM
I say shoot most of em. Where we live we used to have foxs and pheasants but after coyotes moved in they pushed both out. We have a den or two on our property so we hear them most nights, they've got a beagle a few years back. If I see one I'll try for it, but I dont go out of my way to hunt them.

Livewire322
08-04-2011, 09:24 PM
is the CZ 858 really that accurate? Cz lists it as a sporting only rifle...
ive got an SKS and a .270 that i carry for yotes

Torch
08-04-2011, 09:40 PM
I have a sks too, the cz is much nicer to carry around and with removable mags it's easy to make safe (for the kids). I'm not sure about the accuracy, but I've heard the're a bit better than the sks...I consider it a 100yd gun.I'd really like something better in a .223 but unfortunatley I just sold my robarms xcr before I moved :( and the xcr was a bit heavy compared to the 858... I just love this gun... looks good roaming around on the quad too! Even the neighbour lady thinks it cool... I'm going to add a good quality laser for nighttime encounters... I think it would be safer than trying to use irons in the dark...I'm all about the safety!

I also have a remy 870 shorty with slugs for anything bigger...its the "kitchen" gun ;)

urbanhermit
08-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Fricken ants.. Hate em all.!

1/2 slam
08-05-2011, 07:21 AM

You really don't get it.

Livewire322
08-06-2011, 03:23 PM
i might have to trade my SKS with its tapco stock for an 858...

jeff
08-06-2011, 06:56 PM
half slam u hit that on the nose i agree 100 percent no need to shoot everyone you see i find that comment ignorent

jeff
08-06-2011, 06:58 PM
sorry i ment guy with a 270 not half slam half slams got it all wrong

Walksalot
08-07-2011, 06:33 AM
The toll the coyotes take on deer is but a spot in the bucket compared to what domestic cats and feral cats do to the game bird population not to mention our song birds. If anyone has pets they don't want harmed then put a fence around your property. Coyotes do not have the power of reason so they can't distinguish between what is and what is not on the menu.
Places where the coyote populations were decimated were then plagued with rodent problems. Don't get me wrong, there must be a checks and balances to maintain a responsible wildlife management strategy but the philosophy of "Kill em kill em all" is a bit over the top.

Pete
08-07-2011, 08:30 AM
missed the mark on this one... raccoons destroy more eggs and chicks that any coyote will

rcar
08-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Ah the coyote debate that has raged on since man settled our fine lands.....

Where I live in the Fraser Valley they are both pest and saviour. There is a massive mole problem that destroys lawns and public recreational spaces and the coyotes help significantly with keeping them in check, however many pets are also lost....along with game birds and animals. I say in urban areas, keep the population in check but outright extermination may likely not have the desired outcome the narrow minded "kill every coyote" thinking people have. I would rather have a bunch of coyotes running in the fields and picking off a few pets that a potentially disease carrying rodent explosion.

rollingrock
08-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I was driving on Hwy 1 and spotted a yote amazingly focuing on his meal right in the median of the highway. He was tearing and chewing on something. He was enjoying his meal so much....just beside that spot there was a farm....LOL he looked pretty healthy.

Gateholio
08-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Even if every hunter in BC took a shot at every yote they saw, the yote population will still be healthy. Same with wolves.

Ltbullken
08-07-2011, 11:33 AM

Really?! Is it the one that has been shitting in and ripping up my garden? How about the one tearing up the new sod I'm trying to put down? Or was it that friggin' noisy howling one that wailed all night under my window?! Maybe if you kept it in doors you would't be worried about having to shoot the offending coyote.... I hate cats, they're the scum of the earth... see one... you know what to do!

.300wsm
08-07-2011, 11:51 AM
sure a lot of hate on here should be respecting the wildlife you hunt or you need to do some re thinking of why you hunt!!!! Cat missing check my tires

Livewire322
08-07-2011, 03:28 PM
well under this logic the coyotes have shit on my lawn and torn up our turf. so you know what i do when i see them...
its survival or the fittest and 160 grain bullets run faster than yotes'

Gateholio
08-07-2011, 03:59 PM
sure a lot of hate on here should be respecting the wildlife you hunt or you need to do some re thinking of why you hunt!!!! Cat missing check my tires

Irony on the intraweb.....

The Dude
08-07-2011, 04:29 PM
The only effective control of Coyotes in this enlightened age is wolves, plain and simple.
My friends' ranch in Region 3 was crawling with coyotes until the wolves moved in. Any effort to control the Yotes met with an accelerated breeding program by the Wile E clan. As long as there is food and little predation on the dawgs, there will be Yotes everywhere.
Now you really wanna get rid of 'em, let the Wolves in. A more effective predator of Coyotes has yet to evolve.
Once the Yotes are cleaned out, all you have left is the Big Dawgs.
Dont like 'em?
Guess what the most proficient killer of Wolves is?
If your answer was anything but "other wolves", give yourself a nut punch.

Wanna start at the other end? What do Coyotes eat? ......Marmots, mice, moles, ground nesting birds and eggs, frogs, baby deer, rabbits, etc etc.
Get rid of all of THEM, and you cut off the Coyotes food supply, and don't worry about them OR the Wolves moving in.
Simple.
Learn to live with whatever wolves survive the Dawg Wars, or eliminate all Coyote food.
I hope you enjoy your sterile landscape.
Glad I could be of assistance.

Salty
08-07-2011, 04:42 PM
That is some pure awesomeness right there. Sterilization for the nation, pave it! No yotes, no problems and no pesky song birds and chipmunks. Hey wait a minute.... :-?

ruger#1
08-07-2011, 05:06 PM
The only effective control of Coyotes in this enlightened age is wolves, plain and simple.
My friends' ranch in Region 3 was crawling with coyotes until the wolves moved in. Any effort to control the Yotes met with an accelerated breeding program by the Wile E clan. As long as there is food and little predation on the dawgs, there will be Yotes everywhere.
Now you really wanna get rid of 'em, let the Wolves in. A more effective predator of Coyotes has yet to evolve.
Once the Yotes are cleaned out, all you have left is the Big Dawgs.
Dont like 'em?
Guess what the most proficient killer of Wolves is?
If your answer was anything but "other wolves", give yourself a nut punch.

Wanna start at the other end? What do Coyotes eat? ......Marmots, mice, moles, ground nesting birds and eggs, frogs, baby deer, rabbits, etc etc.
Get rid of all of THEM, and you cut off the Coyotes food supply, and don't worry about them OR the Wolves moving in.
Simple.
Learn to live with whatever wolves survive the Dawg Wars, or eliminate all Coyote food.
I hope you enjoy your sterile landscape.
Glad I could be of assistance. They have coywolves in northren Ontario, And now they have them on Nova Scotia. It's a hole new breed to deal with now.

ruger#1
08-07-2011, 05:08 PM
missed the mark on this one... raccoons destroy more eggs and chicks that any coyote willCrows are worse then coons or possoms. And yotes put together.

Livewire322
08-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Let's face it songbirds are annoying, crows suck and I hunt them regularly, rats and mice are disgusting, coons are bad because they rip up my garbage bags, my neigbours have a yappy little dog that annoys me as well, and the other dogs that shit on my lawn drive me up the walls, the stupid crack head that steals my bags of pop cans also is the scum of the earth.... But I am not going to go out and kill them. However coyotes have done me wrong in my eyes and im not going to take it easy on them anymore...

jeff
08-07-2011, 06:07 PM
u no what annoyes me its guys like u but guys like u livewire arent open season with no bag limit

Salty
08-07-2011, 06:12 PM
yappydoodle has spoken. lol carefull lest you get more timeoutz or wurs

leadpillproductions
08-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Quick question for anyone who might know , Where would a guy find out how to dry a coyote hide to sell them , i heard u get like 35.00 per hide if they r in good shape

ruger#1
08-07-2011, 06:25 PM
http://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/_l/L-101.pdf For you lead pill.

leadpillproductions
08-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks thats helps

The Dude
08-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Ruger, good info.
With this hot weather now I know what went wrong with my date last night.....

"Warm weather can cause pelts to “taint” (early stages of decay) and
hair to “slip” (loosen or fall out)......."

:D

ruger#1
08-07-2011, 06:35 PM
You must of been out with my X. She is worse then a
herring trawler.

Salty
08-07-2011, 06:35 PM
There's a reason people congregate around water in the summer Dude :mrgreen:

The Dude
08-07-2011, 06:39 PM
You must of been out with my X. She is worse then a herring troller.

OMG.......I just threw up a little and laughed at the same time.
You're talented! :D

ruger#1
08-07-2011, 06:47 PM
That was sad, I'm sorry if I ruined anybodies supper.

Salty
08-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Never heard of a herring troller but I get the drift... doah

Moose Guide
08-07-2011, 07:26 PM
My neighbour is a green peace tree hugging vegetarian who is now begging me to shoot any coyote I see on their property, coyotes today maybe deer soon:)

Caribou_lou
08-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I would say coyotes are the leading killer of deer in late winter months and I'm sure they pick off a few fawns. So I think the population needs to watched. But to kill them all?

When I see them out hunting I never shoot them because that will scare off any other game nearby. And rarely do I hunt specifically for Coyotes. Thats Ice fishing season man!!

LeverActionJunkie
08-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I hate cats! If people let their cat run the neighborhood it should be open for the taking. I hate crows and magpies and encourage everybody to shoot them whenever possible. Between these three there is incredible pressure on songbirds across Canada. For that matter I shoot every starling and brownheaded cowbird i can as well, for the same reason, I can and it helps a couple birds.

Coyotes I actually have a lot of respect for, but there is a definite need for there control, and so I hunt them. I spend enough time hunting them to know they aren't stupid and deserve respect. As well as a rapidly expanding bullet.

Ltbullken
08-07-2011, 07:55 PM
well under this logic the coyotes have shit on my lawn and torn up our turf. so you know what i do when i see them...
its survival or the fittest and 160 grain bullets run faster than yotes'

Faulty logic - cats - you can keep them in your house and prevent them from doing damage and from getting eaten. Let yer cat out, expect consequences. Nature is nature and they loves cats as prey!! And clearly, your cat can't outrun a 'yote... so yer cat's problem was that it had YOU as a cat owner. Keep up the natural selection and maybe one day you'll have a cat that can survive the perils of 'yotes in yer neighbourhood.