PDA

View Full Version : 7-02 bull moose draw!!

1 shot 1 kill
06-21-2011, 09:21 PM
just curious if anyone has hunted this area for moose? i never have...but odds were good so im thinking probably not alot of moose there?...if anyone has any ideas..please im all ears..haha sept 20 right to Nov! been lookin at google alot os steep county going to be stickin close to kinbasket for sure i think..

little moose
06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
lots of moose not much access

Jelvis
06-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Vehicle access 2 km north of Valemount centre a logging road goes west from Hwy 5 and forks one k in from Hwy 5. Left fork Upper Canoe River road.
Or vehicle access from Valemount on Hwy 5 via Canoe Forest road down the east side of Canoe Reach, or the West Lake road down the west side of the reach. Fair hunting for moose and deer off the logging spurs off either of these mains.
Jelvis .. Reach out from the Canoe .. MU 7-02 .. Region 7 .. unit 2

toddrat
06-22-2011, 07:39 AM
I have often wondered if the limited hunting access would make it a good spot to hunt using a boat to get to good areas? Any use in doing that or can people still drive to all the same areas as a boat can get to?

Jelvis
06-22-2011, 07:49 AM
MU 7-02 Reached by boat near Valemount or Mica Creek Dam in the southern part.
Note: Boating on McNaughton Lake is dangerous, floating logs and debris.
Some times a lil boat or canoe can get you where vehicles can't go so yah it can work wonders but know something about using them and the lake or waterway your on.
Stick to smaller bodies of water, like smaller lakes or waterways between imho.
It's about safety and fun first.
Moose love willows and they need to be near a water source.
Jella peeno

25tikka
06-22-2011, 07:49 AM
You can get farther down kinbasket with a boat than with a truck.Might be a good way to go. 7-2 is a big area and quite a few moose but most areas are grown over since being logged. Good luck

1 shot 1 kill
06-30-2011, 11:12 AM
thanks guys, i will have to get up there in august and have agood look around i guess, and try to narrow down an area to concentrate on. is there much up that way for small lakes etc? not seeing alot on google..saddle lakes lokks an area to maybe check out?..time will tell..i'm not afraid to put my time in so..we will see..hahaha