PDA

View Full Version : Road access noth thompson

Matty_ola
06-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know if the access to 3-44 Via the North thompson FSR AKA. Blackstone FSR is okay for small trailers?

On my Backroad book it looks clear as day but looks to be a different story on google earth.

I'll be chasing the little white mountain devils in and around 3-44B anyone around the area please scare them down to the road;)

Maybe I'll just kidnapp Kirby and drag him out...... If I only knew which rock he lived under;)

Thank in advance.

dana
06-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Blackstone isn't in your unit! Wrong side of the river. :) Access on the side you got is very very limited. If you like being hard on your trailer, you can go up the Manteau to the Storm King junction. I wouldn't push it beyond there.

Laurence_Erickson
06-21-2011, 09:10 PM
you will not get as far as the manteau because of a mud slide ,unless somebody goes in and cleans it up . the slide is about nine k on the south side of the river .

Matty_ola
06-21-2011, 09:22 PM
So how far in can you get from the No5 just past Lempriere. I see on the map there is a road that takes you west and goes past Oxbows and Manteau. What would be the best point of entry?

Hmmmm glider maybe....

Thanks

dana
06-21-2011, 09:29 PM
you will not get as far as the manteau because of a mud slide ,unless somebody goes in and cleans it up . the slide is about nine k on the south side of the river .

Is the slide at 9 on the Manteau? I hadn't heard of one. I worked haven't worked up the manteau since the fall though.