PDA

View Full Version : early elk draw.

jessbennett
08-21-2006, 08:04 AM
not much longer now till we ship out for the early elk hunt in the kootneys. i tell ya i have never been more exited about one hunt in all my life..:smile: this hole elk thing has completley consumed me...... i pack my mouth calls at work ,bugle at home, watch elk hunting videos........ over and over and over....... this hunting thing is a sick disease i tell ya... hehehehe:twisted: . anyone else heading down/up or over for the hunt???? we are thinking of camping near premier lake(i think). anyone ever been there. hopefully there is some elk around there...........hint.............8)

jessbennett
08-21-2006, 08:08 AM
whoopss,,,,,, its not an early elk draw, but just an early season...... i know i know...... dmba$$..:oops:

rocksteady
08-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Woke up at 4:00 this morning....Felt the rut starting to tingle.....

Out in the bush by 5:30, first light is just past 06:00...

Sitting on my viewpoint knoll at 6:10, at 6:15 5 cows/calves come out of the draw where I have my ground blind set up, just like clock work....:lol:

No bulls yet....

Last year 2 weeks before opening day I saw several small bands, then the week before there was proably 60 elk in the herd. 5 bulls, 4 of them spikes and then the 5 by 6 I got.....

Looks like she is all coming together very nicely.......

yote
08-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Rock, I will be heading your way in less than two weeks with my bow in hand. I can't wait, I hear that things are looking good...as per usual. I have a nice piece of landon the other side of Baker to hunt.:-D

rocksteady
08-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Good luck....I will be out and about too...If you see someone at Tim H's at 5:00 Am......Well that's probably not me, just a hundred others....

If you get lucky, I would recommend Ricks Fine meats as the place to drop them off, I have been going there for 15 years and never had a problem...

426-7770 He even has his phone forwarded at night, so if you come in real late, he will meet you....

yote
08-22-2006, 02:50 PM
I believe it was Rick's that I have used in the past. Good service and we hope to visit him again. Good luck.

Ron.C
08-22-2006, 03:32 PM
We will be heading your way as well. And I do have to agree, Rick's is the place to go. He does an awesome job and has top notch customer service.