PDA

View Full Version : Leh maps

buford19
06-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Where can a person find detailed maps for leh area's. Hard to tell where the borders are on the normal reg maps. Have a grizz draw for 6-15 b, trying to find out how far up the kalum road this draw is good for?:)

The Hermit
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Backroads Mapbooks GPS version 2 = $119.95 has it all! www.vantagepoint-outfitters.com

Sasquatch
06-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Backroads Mapbooks GPS version 2 = $119.95 has it all! www.vantagepoint-outfitters.com

Does it include the zones for different areas?

boxhitch
06-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Looks like that one cuts along the Cedar River, Then the headwaters of the Kiteen, then jumps to the Cranberry River somewhere.

06-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Try this thread.....

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?34406-Make-a-Map...How-to-create-LEH-Zone-Maps&highlight=

There is another one here on HBC, of which i just downloaded last night....do you think I can find it now? Ugh...technology.....:):???:

MuleyMadness
06-22-2011, 12:45 PM
BC iMap has the best sub LEH zone maps I have ever seen. Very detailed and as they are the governments own maps, I will have to assume accurate (at least as far as the boundary's go, otherwise it's pretty good protection). Backroads mapbook doesn't have the sub zones, but I would use those as a second piece of info, as they DO have the base areas defined very well.

http://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfx/imf.jsp?site=imapbc

You need to play around with the layers to get the LEH zones showing, but spend some time working with it, it's worth it.

reach
06-22-2011, 02:45 PM
BC iMap has the best sub LEH zone maps I have ever seen. Very detailed and as they are the governments own maps, I will have to assume accurate (at least as far as the boundary's go, otherwise it's pretty good protection).
You would think so, wouldn't you. But they're not always accurate. For example take a look at 7-57 zone A for bison. The outline in iMapBC doesn't include the triangular portion of 7-58 that extends down to where Cypress Creek meets the Halfway River. The zone label & ID mention it, but the outline itself doesn't include it. The map in the LEH synopsis clearly shows it.