PDA

View Full Version : 7-03 moose and grizzly hunting

yzchamp
06-21-2011, 03:13 PM
we got our draws in 7-03 area, planing to got scouting there in next month or so, what area of that region you guys recommend?
Thanks!

BiG Boar
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Northern area.

Jelvis
06-21-2011, 03:35 PM
@ 53 km west of Tete Jaune Junction a road n/w runs along the Holmes River into moose and goat and grizz hunting areas.
Another spot (If you have a boat for good moose and deer hunting), this is n/w of McBride where access to the Fraser drops down from Hwy 16 and along this stretch of the Fraser which gives access to other tributaries like the Morkill etc.
Jelvis .. MU 7-3 Holmes River n north.

bforce750
06-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Holmes River all the way.. the locals call it the Beaver

mjmbc
06-21-2011, 05:45 PM
thers still some bears up the holmes not much for moose the locals stay out of there like the plague lots of hunting pressure up that way

yzchamp
06-21-2011, 08:44 PM
thers still some bears up the holmes not much for moose the locals stay out of there like the plague lots of hunting pressure up that way

where would you recommend to go then?

BiG Boar
06-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Head north young man!

mjmbc
06-22-2011, 05:44 AM
ok look at it this way umm one road that goes about 50 km back in the bush , lots of hunters come this way see this great logging road the beaver hasnt got alot of moose left in there or elk , sometimes there are a few in there but nothing fantastic by any means. as for where i would go hmm i live here lots of places to go lol ive put my time in and found my spots . theres always getting a jet boat and head up the morekill . pm me and i may share a spot

Movingdirt
06-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Go there and figure it out for yourself and then tell us all about it.

houndsman
06-22-2011, 06:54 AM
A box of beer & a can of snoos for grego the trapper that lives at 15k on the bever will get you info on griz .I would go up chalco cr, there are lots of slids & lots of huckel berrys up there .I mite see you up there as my son & I griz tags to

Jelvis
06-22-2011, 06:58 AM
For moose 15 k west from the Junction @ Tete Jaune Cache where Hwy 5 joins Hwy 16 there is some moose on the road up Small river. Or another 6 k past this you run into the Horsey River road which runs nor east from Hwy 16, some moose and deer.
Or and On the north side of the Fraser, 18 k north of McBride, the McKale creek and East Twin roads follow those streams, fair moose and goat from McKale and moose from East twin.
Jelly Belly your in the know now .. on the magnificent MU 7-03 real big game country.

toddrat
06-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Have fun going up the Morkill with a jet boat! Hope u like tearing holes in the bottom and oh of course watch out for the land owner that owns the first 4 km of the land on the river......he is freaking crazy and hates all hunters with a passion.
ok look at it this way umm one road that goes about 50 km back in the bush , lots of hunters come this way see this great logging road the beaver hasnt got alot of moose left in there or elk , sometimes there are a few in there but nothing fantastic by any means. as for where i would go hmm i live here lots of places to go lol ive put my time in and found my spots . theres always getting a jet boat and head up the morekill . pm me and i may share a spot

Phoneguy
06-22-2011, 11:47 AM
watching this with interest. We got a shared moose hunt in 7-03 too. Never been in the country, and not sure how much (if any) scouting I will get in.

James

mjmbc
06-22-2011, 04:11 PM
hmm we go up there all the time buddy got a nice grizz there this spring as for the land owner , never had a problem . heck if you ask just about anyone in the valley and ask permissin they will let ya come on thier land to shoot the elk and whiteys .

yzchamp
06-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Go there and figure it out for yourself and then tell us all about it.

thanks for nothing dipshit....lol

yzchamp
06-22-2011, 06:51 PM
watching this with interest. We got a shared moose hunt in 7-03 too. Never been in the country, and not sure how much (if any) scouting I will get in.

James

competition!..:) hopefully well find more then one good spot

bforce750
06-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Also try Blackcreek FSR

houndsman
06-23-2011, 11:15 AM
The land owner is charels he is an elk huger & has trail cams all over .He will not let eneyone hunt on his property .

Bullofthebush
06-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Not for nuthin but if I can't eat it I don't kill it. Grizz is even worse eating than goat. Haven't hunted either after the first go round.However to each his own I suppose. If you feel comfortable killing a grizzly for sport, that is your choice and I won't diss you for it. For me ,a meat hunter, well not my thing.Too many moose elk and deer to hunt and eat.

I don't like to see fellows emptying there freezer at the dump in September of the deer elk and moose they shot last year. I shoot enough to eat and let the rest go. It is anew concept to some. I here it is called conservation. Well I guess that is a whole other subject,left best to another thread.

Enjoy the hunt, it is the thrill. Remember the adventure and not the kill.Respect creation and the Creator will respect you.

moosinaround
06-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Not for nuthin but if I can't eat it I don't kill it. Grizz is even worse eating than goat. Haven't hunted either after the first go round.However to each his own I suppose. If you feel comfortable killing a grizzly for sport, that is your choice and I won't diss you for it. For me ,a meat hunter, well not my thing.Too many moose elk and deer to hunt and eat.

I don't like to see fellows emptying there freezer at the dump in September of the deer elk and moose they shot last year. I shoot enough to eat and let the rest go. It is anew concept to some. I here it is called conservation. Well I guess that is a whole other subject,left best to another thread.

Enjoy the hunt, it is the thrill. Remember the adventure and not the kill.Respect creation and the Creator will respect you.
Ummmm...................................Ok then???? Good for you fellow! How does this have ANYTHING to do with hunting advice for MU 7-03??? Wow?!! Moosin

Salty
06-27-2011, 09:37 PM
trolling too shallow. LOL

yzchamp
06-28-2011, 06:43 PM

hmm.. alright...did you read the question in my post?

M.Dean
06-28-2011, 07:18 PM
7-03, never been there, but sure lots of folks trying to keep people from going in! I'd bet there's tons of Moose, Bear, Elk and Monster Mulies running around!!! Might give the boys a yell and maybe set up a Bus Trip up there! Be nice to make camp a mile or so up river, set up a huge wall tent and spend 2 or 3 weeks hunting for some record book animals!!! We got lots of room if anyone wants to book a few weeks off and header up!!! Yeeee Haaaaa!!!!!

moosinaround
06-28-2011, 07:21 PM
I was looking at google earth last night. There seems to be some good spots out there to look for moose in. Hell even elk, and mulies. I would even buy a whitetail tag too, as I know for certain there are whitetails several kilometers to the west of 7-03. Man half the adventure is going out and exploring, so I would just head out and enjoy yourself. The country looks very mountainous and picturesque!! Have fun, I am jealous!! Moosin

Jelvis
06-28-2011, 07:29 PM
@ 53 km west of Tete Jaune Junction a road north west runs along the Holmes River into fair moose, goat and grizzly. The old time hunters used to go back in here with horses for big game adventures.
There is a Rocky Mountain goat viewing point on this road, Stop and see goats at any time, one was a ten inch billy, whoa!
the Holmes River North .. Mu 7-03 it's a BLAST!

muleyman
06-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Holmes not bad Renshaw better!

yzchamp
06-29-2011, 01:34 PM
thanks guys ! gonna head for a scouting trip next weekend:)