PDA

View Full Version : A question for all you Coleman experts

Wolfman
06-21-2011, 08:28 AM
A couple of years back, after my old white-gas lantern finally cashed in its chips I hauled over to Canadian Tire and grabbed another one. I bought a standard single mantle white gas lantern.

Took 'er out a couple of times and had no problems with it, but it got put into storage for about a year and now I am having a a problem with it.

It holds fuel no problem and holds pressure in the tank too - just no pressure coming up into he mantle area.

Funny I have had lots of little things go on with stoves and even heaters but never a lantern before. I tried pumping the thing, flipping the pressure lever back and forth - all kinds of things but no dice.

Anybody got a fix for this?

Thanks!

walnutz
06-21-2011, 08:35 AM
There could be a blockage in the presured line from the tank to the mantle? I had this problem on a older stove.Worth looking into.Good luck!

bearhunter338-06
06-21-2011, 08:55 AM
try running a pipe cleaner down the pressure line to clean it out, or get a new pressure line.

Tripitaka
06-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I seem to recall that some older Colemans used a wire between the lever attachment and the jet needle. When they had been stood for a while, the needle seized into the hole, particularly if gas had been used rather than the white fuel. When you then moved the adjustment leaver, it snapped the wire leaving the needle in the hole. Some stoves, most noteably the little "Peak 1" had the same issue.

May or may not be the issue but would certainly give the symptoms you describe.

Wolfman
06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Some interesting ideas there, guys. I am convinced it is the pressure line now - gotta look into that. Thanks!

Wolfman
06-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Got 'er done. lads. It was a plugged generator. Thanks for the helpful hints there ;-)