PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys had any experience with easton lightspeed 3ds or just plain lightspeeds

BlackwaterHunter
06-20-2011, 08:01 PM
After a recent 3d I am finally free of those evil things called aluminiums :mrgreen: ( they were just way to heavy for me) and im now lookign at getting some light weight shafts for 3d and outdoor jop. thanks

BlackwaterHunter
06-20-2011, 08:06 PM
also open to suggestions of other shafts, dont want fatboys or any large diameter i find i cant group well with them.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-20-2011, 08:07 PM
I used to use Lightspeeds exclusivly ... Thinking long and hard about changing Back

Goldtip Ultralights will serve you well ...

those are the 2 shafts I would seriously look at for target and 3D duty

BlackwaterHunter
06-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Your not liking your darkhorses? But thanks the only thing im wondering is if i want a medium shaft diameter for indoor season as well.

saddlemaker
06-20-2011, 08:15 PM
lightspeeds go through deer quite well also too...I know.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Your not liking your darkhorses? But thanks the only thing im wondering is if i want a medium shaft diameter for indoor season as well.

My Ponys are built for Hunting ...I have only used them once for a 3D ... and I was using my hunting rig at that 3D ...

Indoor paper .... keep your Tin ... put some heavy points on .... put on some tail feathers ... and pound the X ring all day long .... with indoor paper ... it dont matter the trajectory that you take ... as long as you are sighted and you know what your set up does .....

Some indoor 3D you might want a speedy flatter arrow ... espcially if you dont know the building .... a steel girder building ... think incriments of 7 :) ...I have been to some indoors where a high trajectory is bad thing ... Tunnels ...through a barrel etc...

BlackwaterHunter
06-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Well i might have 11 cobalts that i can get for a good price, but atm im thinking that i should maybe just go with the lightspeeds or victory vaps , and oh yes I know the indoor 3d building, i shoot that every year.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Victorys are nice arrows but I dont have much expiriance with them ....
the Lightspeed 3D are the same as original lightspeeds with a differant coating on them ...and uni-bushings pre installed .... the coating is because the original were a bear to pull out of all but Rinehart foam without a butt load of Woodys ..... and most 3Ders were allready putting uni-bushings and G nocks in anyway

Ruger4
06-20-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm liking the VAP's , 100 grain tips/broadheads
with the new broadhead inserts , they will be my go to hunting arrow as well

Jonas111
06-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I've had both light speeds and VAP. I now shoot the VAP arrows exclusively. They are light and less effected by the wind out doors. Ever since I switched over to the VAP my scores have improved in 3D.

Nothing wrong with the light speeds but I had better luck with the VAP. Now I just set up a dozen VAP for hunting.

Good luck and you can't go wrong with either arrow.

Bow Walker
06-21-2011, 09:54 AM
I was going to mention GT's Ultralights - but BZM beat me to it. I've no experience with Easton. I would try the Victory shafts, but my first choice would be the Gold tip Ultralights.

Be aware of your "arrow weight vs bow poundage" too. You don't want an arrow that is too light.

BlackwaterHunter
06-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Well I think ive narrowed it down to victory VX-22HV's, Vaps,lightspeed 3ds, ultralight series 22 haha ive got alot of thinking to do

Bow Walker
06-22-2011, 08:20 AM
About six months ago I "heard from a guy, who heard it from a guy", that the lower end Ultralights were not very good quality-wise. So if you go GT's make sure that they are the Ultralight Pros. and there will be no surprises or disappointments.

BlackwaterHunter
06-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks I was wondering why the pros were 70 bucks more

Ruger4
06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks I was wondering why the pros were 70 bucks more

just go VAP's 100 gr tips V6 is fine for most ( 3's and 1's are simply status, 99.9 % wouldnt be able to tell the difference ) and your arrowed to shoot whatever your flavor , 3d , spots , 900 , good to go Romeo !!!

oldtimer
06-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Me and my whole family shoot Gold Tip ultra lights. Good tolerances and excellent durability. I believe Sammy 99 shoots them and she is numerous times B.C. and Canadian Champion and Bronze medallist at the worlds so I figure if Sam shoots them they must be good............my 2 cents.........Mike

willyqbc
06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
About six months ago I "heard from a guy, who heard it from a guy", that the lower end Ultralights were not very good quality-wise. So if you go GT's make sure that they are the Ultralight Pros. and there will be no surprises or disappointments.

We have been shooting these arrows for close to a decade and very rarely do we ever buy the pro's anymore. The pro's have tighter tolerances but if you trim your mid-grade ultralights from both ends you will end up with arrows as straight as the pro's. Also if you weight match your arrows/tips while building you will end up with weight tolerances as good as the pro's. Sammy99 was shooting mid-grade ultralights when she took bronze at the world championships. I recently built a set for THE BEAST and used the ultralight entradas (lowest grade they make), his groups are as tight as ever and he just shot 808/800 at the P.G. shoot last week-end with them. Personally I don't think the pro's are worth the extra money and with a little care building the arrows they will be as good as the pro's anyway.

Just my opinion
Chris

Bowzone_Mikey
06-22-2011, 07:53 PM
you Got a spare set of 400 Spine floatin Around Willy ... I am changing my 3D setup .... I cant afford to smash ACEs anymore .... between Q-town and PG I broke 3 ACEs ... 1 of which in the 10 ring of a leaning bear .... As great as they are for FITA Feild and Outdoor paper ....not so much for 3D, all this talk about GTs lately got me wondering about em .... I have a set of 600s that Paige shoots and they are tough for her little bow

BTW: Little one has DR appoint at 945 tomarrow ... we are leaving for yer place shortly after that

BlackwaterHunter
06-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Well i think im going to talk to ted and see if he has any vx 22 hv's in stock or lightspeed 3ds.

Jonas111
06-23-2011, 07:47 AM
I would NOT shoot VX-22. I am not going to say why but if you stick with Lightspeeds, Ultralight Pro's or VAP you wont be upset. I myself would tell you VAP all the way, I have shot all of them and I like the VAP the best by far. Second choice is Lightspeed 3d and then Ultralight Pro.

Ruger4
06-23-2011, 07:55 AM
I would NOT shoot VX-22. I am not going to say why

I think I know why !!!

and to add.........have shot the Ultralight 400's for a while too, but still prefer the VAP's ( nano's )

Bow Walker
06-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Blackwaterhunter - if you build your own arrows - always cut the shafts to length by taking a little off each end. Always. This will give you the straightest possible arrow shaft, just like willyqbc says.

If you get them built for you, be sure to ask the guy to cut from both ends of the shaft.

It's good to hear that my "sources" were wrong about the Ultralights. Sorta restores my faith in Gold Tip, again.

I

BlackwaterHunter
06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
You guys sure make chooing arrows a hard choice haha

Ruger4
06-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Blackwaterhunter - if you build your own arrows - always cut the shafts to length by taking a little off each end. Always. This will give you the straightest possible arrow shaft, just like willyqbc says.

If you get them built for you, be sure to ask the guy to cut from both ends of the shaft.

It's good to hear that my "sources" were wrong about the Ultralights. Sorta restores my faith in Gold Tip, again.

I

I know a couple GT distributors shooting Easton as their go-to arrows , makes you go hmmmmmmm

BlackwaterHunter
06-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Ive decided, im going to go with a dozen vaps :D

Bowzone_Mikey
06-24-2011, 12:04 PM

I dont think you will be disapointed with that choice .....

I just set my Elite up for some old Litespeeds I got floating around .... dropped it to 62 pounds and 311 grain arrow(from 67 and 339 grain) and still getting 311FPS (was getting 313)...at 29" draw

Jonas111
06-24-2011, 02:46 PM

I love mine for 3D and they are now my hunting arrow as well. You wont be upset.

Ruger4
06-24-2011, 03:13 PM
I love mine for 3D and they are now my hunting arrow as well. You wont be upset.

They seem to work great for 900 rounds as well , good choice ..............

Ruger4
06-24-2011, 03:19 PM
I used to use Lightspeeds exclusivly ... Thinking long and hard about changing Back

Goldtip Ultralights will serve you well ...

those are the 2 shafts I would seriously look at for target and 3D duty

BZMikey if you havent already , give the VAP's a try

Jonas111
06-24-2011, 04:22 PM
They seem to work great for 900 rounds as well , good choice ..............

Maybe for some, Got to wonder about that???

Bowzone_Mikey
06-24-2011, 05:53 PM
BZMikey if you havent already , give the VAP's a try

I want to ... but havent gotten a round tuit yet

Bow Walker
06-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Which model did you decide on?

BlackwaterHunter
06-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Kay well went out to teds today to pick out some arrows, unfortuanetly he didnt have any vaps so i just got regular vforces, but i am very happy with the look and feel of them :D