PDA

View Full Version : Elk in 7-7??

emerson
06-20-2011, 05:56 PM
I got a cow moose draw and a grizzly draw in 7-7 and so would like to concentrate my time learning that area. I would guess that elk in 7-7 would be in similar areas to where they are in 7-15/24, right? Anyone have general info or experience with elk in 7-7? Thanks for any feed back. Yes, I know I was very lucky to get both draws in the same area and close to home and don't want to waste this opportunity.:-D

emerson
06-21-2011, 10:16 AM
65 views and no responses eh? That tells me I'm on the right track.

kootenayelkslayer
06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
There will be small pockets of elk throughout 7-7. Like most of the elk hunting around PG, just check out areas close to some of the major rivers in the area.

BCrams
06-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Definatly elk in pockets throughout 7-7 like every other region around PG. 7-7 is a big zone!! Your boundary goes all along the eastern side of the Willow River which has elk to south side of the Fraser River which have elk all the way over encompassing both sides of the Bowron River which have elk and there's a pile of elk all through that country if you put your time in! Elk at the south end right through to the north end.

moosinaround
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Is that a late season draw for the elk? Dec-Feb?? If it is there's gonna be snow!! Easy to track them thats for sure! Lots of miles on the ole sled! I would start talking to land owners now! Good hunting, Moosin

emerson
06-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Is that a late season draw for the elk? Dec-Feb?? If it is there's gonna be snow!! Easy to track them thats for sure! Lots of miles on the ole sled! I would start talking to land owners now! Good hunting, Moosin

No, no elk draw, just the regular season. I will spend my time there because of the moose and griz draws though. I will probably be concentrating north of Highway 16 to cut down on fuel and travel time. Thanks for the encouragement all, now it's just a time investment.