PDA

View Full Version : 2011 LEH draw QUESTIONS!!

NorthIslander
06-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Help me out here please,Why does it say the results will be posted tomorrow, the 21st online. Did you all phone in ?

Steeleco
06-20-2011, 04:19 PM
TO reduce clutter and help those that can't read, this thread is for all the questions like, When, why and where. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Fill yur boots

Steeleco
06-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Help me out here please,Why does it say the results will be posted tomorrow, the 21st online. Did you all phone in ?

Your post I moved to the new forum, but the answer you seek is, So far all the results posted are a result of phone calls. Seems the computer based info is lacking.

.300WSMImpact!
06-20-2011, 04:24 PM
anyone know where in region 6-20 I should go to get a caribou, august 15th to august 31st

yukon john
06-20-2011, 04:25 PM

Yes, and nil for me, my wife, dad and brother, my other brother got a doe

GoatGuy
06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Status

Jelvis
06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Gotta a float plane .300 you'll need one in 6-20 for Boo? :-D
Jp

25tikka
06-20-2011, 04:30 PM
anyone know where in region 6-20 I should go to get a caribou, august 15th to august 31st
Spatzizi park is 6-20. Pretty much a fly in proposal for caribou if you don't have horses. A big area for sure. I am hoping for the same draw. Coldfish is a great place to start.

sapper
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Is Jp the real McCoy or his alter-ego family member?

sapper
06-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Just saw this in the "LEH Results" posting:
"I just got off the phone with the LEH folks, and they told me that they're having some difficulties with their computer system, and that they will have to get their computer tech to fix the issue. Apparently he is in training tomorrow, but will get the problem sorted-out on Wednesday, so they expect the results to be posted either Wednesday afternoon, or Thursday morning. Be patient everyone."
Seems like they seem to have "difficulties" every year. I was waiting patiently all day for them to update the site but then finally couldn't wait any longer and phoned. Of course I got an answering machine. I left a message but have not heard back so I am guessing I won't hear until tomorrow as it is now 4:30 and I suspect staff will be on their way home.

.300WSMImpact!
06-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Spatzizi park is 6-20. Pretty much a fly in proposal for caribou if you don't have horses. A big area for sure. I am hoping for the same draw. Coldfish is a great place to start.

is there no roads? or is it a driving restriction?

25tikka
06-20-2011, 04:48 PM
No raods within the park. The klappan rail grade gets you close

d6dan
06-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Just saw this in the "LEH Results" posting:
"I just got off the phone with the LEH folks, and they told me that they're having some difficulties with their computer system, and that they will have to get their computer tech to fix the issue. Apparently he is in training tomorrow, but will get the problem sorted-out on Wednesday, so they expect the results to be posted either Wednesday afternoon, or Thursday morning. Be patient everyone."
Seems like they seem to have "difficulties" every year. I was waiting patiently all day for them to update the site but then finally couldn't wait any longer and phoned. Of course I got an answering machine. I left a message but have not heard back so I am guessing I won't hear until tomorrow as it is now 4:30 and I suspect staff will be on their way home.

Well,That sucks big time!. Why is that everyone is phoning in?. Can't they wait?. Jezzus boys, its only a draw and it's not the end of days.:wink:.

Steeleco
06-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Well,That sucks big time!. Why is that everyone is phoning in?. Can't they wait?. Jezzus boys, its only a draw and it's not the end of days.:wink:.

It's like its the end of the Mayan calendar only sooner!!

Blainer
06-20-2011, 05:08 PM
But,it is better than Christmas!

JohnS
06-20-2011, 05:24 PM
No Calling I just emailed them and had a response in 2 hrs LOL!! and got a big Congrats!!! from them too :D

bighornbob
06-20-2011, 05:28 PM
is there no roads? or is it a driving restriction?

You are looking at about a 10km hike off the klappen road (that is if the natives don't block it:))

That's the only road in the area.

Bhb

d6dan
06-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeh, I hear ya, but it is the "End of Days"..
Mayan calendars and Christmas doesn't count!!.. Sorry boys:wink:.

Go to bed and check online tommorow!..:-D You'll feel better..

tightgrouper
06-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I keep seeing this " tag soup". Since this thread is for dummies I thought I would ask, what is it?
I can't wait to see me and my buddies draw results so that we can start making plans... just sayin'. It when the fun begins.

scallywag
06-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Tag soap is what you cook up cause you got no meat only unused tags

Steeleco
06-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Tag soup = one years set of unsuccessful LEH entries, a big pot of water and all the seasoning you need to stomach it LOL

Whonnock Boy
06-20-2011, 07:45 PM
I keep seeing this " tag soup". Since this thread is for dummies I thought I would ask, what is it?
I can't wait to see me and my buddies draw results so that we can start making plans... just sayin'. It when the fun begins.

Tag soap is what you cook up cause you got no meat only unused tags

I prefer track soup. It has a hint of game taste to it. :mrgreen:

M.Dean
06-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Are they only open certain hours, or can you phone at any time, day or night???

NaStY
06-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Are they only open certain hours, or can you phone at any time, day or night???

Hmm dont know if your allowed ? Didnt you get banned yet ?

tightgrouper
06-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks fellas. I have had tag soup. Pretty much like making cookies with dog sh!t. Cant be done.

Spy
06-20-2011, 08:11 PM
I am glad I called & got my results this morning!I barley made it through the weekend,would not have made it through the night, never mind waiting till wednesday!LOL,I would have been frothing at the mouth!
Call me spoilt,Impatient yea Im all that & more! Good luck to all of you that have not received your results!

Mr. Friendly
06-20-2011, 08:21 PM
okay, I'm a bit lost. how are some seeing their results and others not? on the BC LEH page, it's saying it's not done yet...so obviously I'm missing something. can someone direct me to the who/what/where/when/why and how so I can see if I've pulled something or have to settle for the high in fibre tag soup??? thanks!

Alpine Addict
06-20-2011, 08:23 PM
I got the Kamloops lake sheep draw, but can't get time off work. I guess I can always try another year..

NaStY
06-20-2011, 08:26 PM
okay, I'm a bit lost. how are some seeing their results and others not? on the BC LEH page, it's saying it's not done yet...so obviously I'm missing something. can someone direct me to the who/what/where/when/why and how so I can see if I've pulled something or have to settle for the high in fibre tag soup??? thanks!

There phoning in.........

Mr. Friendly
06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
There phoning in.........
ahhh...guess I will exercise patience and see what happens for Wednesday when they say it should be up 'running.

Spy
06-20-2011, 08:29 PM
I got the Kamloops lake sheep draw, but can't get time off work. I guess I can always try another year..

LOL thats a good LEH Joke!:-D

mark
06-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Tag soup = one years set of unsuccessful LEH entries, a big pot of water and all the seasoning you need to stomach it LOL

Hardly....LEH cards have never been referred to as tags!
Tag soup is for people who buy TAGS for animals and cannot fill them....hence no meat for the soup pot!
There is plenty of GOS hunting in BC folks, easy to fill a freezer!
Myself, I dont give a seconds thought about when LEH comes out, or what I get.....I plan in the NIL and anything else is a bonus!

NaStY
06-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Hardly....LEH cards have never been referred to as tags!
Tag soup is for people who buy TAGS for animals and cannot fill them....hence no meat for the soup pot!
There is plenty of GOS hunting in BC folks, easy to fill a freezer!
Myself, I dont give a seconds thought about when LEH comes out, or what I get.....I plan in the NIL and anything else is a bonus!

Easy for you to say. You live about 5min from hunting area's. My whole life has to be reorganized just to go for a weekend :mrgreen:...........

Islandeer
06-20-2011, 09:15 PM
So I did luck out sort of and got a moose draw in 4-02 A. we hunt mulies near there but I've never hunted this spot. Should be fun checking this area out.

moose2
06-20-2011, 11:46 PM
The results can now be seen on the website http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html they must have been pressured enough to pay some overtime. Funny they showed up around 11pm , didn't expect that from the government.
Mike

wildcatter
06-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Sh**t nothing, applied for antlerless deer and goat.
I was hoping to get one at least.

buckhunter
06-21-2011, 12:12 AM
sweet F all for me! maybe next year i'll buy beer instead of LEH's. atleast i will get something, even if it is a hangover! :)

R_U_N_V_S
06-21-2011, 12:31 AM
12:15 am 21 of june 2011

leh are on line....http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Status

Essential
06-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Help I checked on my blackberry and I got 7032 but don't have a synopsis with me and phone can't check...what did I win !?

Blainer
06-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Help I checked on my blackberry and I got 7032 but don't have a synopsis with me and phone can't check...what did I win !?flat top in the caribou.

.330 Dakota
06-21-2011, 07:46 AM
I am sure someone will correct me if I am a bit out to lunch but here goes. I put in for fall griz in 7-28 for 1st choice.
Upon reading the question,,"would you accept an alternate hunt in the region of your 2nd choice" I said yes and put in for region 7-38...then I draw a tag for region 7-40 ???? huh? What gives with that?
Never bin there, and looking at the map, holy crap a long ways in and no quads allowed which I dont mind for 7-38 as it is not as far in in case of a truck failure of somekind.(quad can get you out in a pinch,,done that)....any input please.

ratherbefishin
06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
successfull!-cow moose ,shared hunt.
I am really surprised, as we got an ''any bull'' shared hunt last year, and didn't expect to get an LEH for this year.I was advised to try for a ''cow'' as ''first choice''as most people try for a cow as ''second choice''

boxhitch
06-21-2011, 08:08 AM
,"would you accept an alternate hunt in the region of your 2nd choice" You got the draw in region 7 just not the management unit you asked for. They must be hard to give them away.

danfloris
06-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Got my sec choice goat draw.

Now if there is anybody that knows 3-16D I just want to know if the area has any roads to get me a little closer before the hike begins.

elkster
06-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Yahoo!!! shared moose draw with my hunting buddies

jml11
06-21-2011, 09:05 AM
I am sure someone will correct me if I am a bit out to lunch but here goes. I put in for fall griz in 7-28 for 1st choice.
Upon reading the question,,"would you accept an alternate hunt in the region of your 2nd choice" I said yes and put in for region 7-38...then I draw a tag for region 7-40 ???? huh? What gives with that?
Never bin there, and looking at the map, holy crap a long ways in and no quads allowed which I dont mind for 7-38 as it is not as far in in case of a truck failure of somekind.(quad can get you out in a pinch,,done that)....any input please.

Note that it states "Region" and not MU...so basically anywhere in Region 7A unfortunatley...it's like a third choice option and yeah you will get drawn in the far to reach areas with poor access as they are undersubscribed hunts.

.330 Dakota
06-21-2011, 06:23 PM
You got the draw in region 7 just not the management unit you asked for. They must be hard to give them away.
OOOHHH, Region not unit, now I get it,,,DUUUH. i FEEL A LITTLE STUPID FOR THAT ONE..LOL

But thanks for the clarification guys, I wont make that mistake again...

kuiu
06-21-2011, 08:32 PM
WTF is with people, The draws just came out, and I have already heard 5 guys say they plan on NOT hunting some of the tags they drew!!!!! Why put in for a tag if you already know your not going to hunt it? man oh man.......,

Steeleco
06-21-2011, 08:39 PM
WTF is with people, The draws just came out, and I have already heard 5 guys say they plan on NOT hunting some of the tags they drew!!!!! Why put in for a tag if you already know your not going to hunt it? man oh man.......,

Where did you hear this, I've not read anything like that here, and I recon I've read most all of the LEH posts? I've known a few guys along the way that can't make hunts as time passes on, but not as you claim. Not cool!

kuiu
06-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Where did you hear this, I've not read anything like that here, and I recon I've read most all of the LEH posts? I've known a few guys along the way that can't make hunts as time passes on, but not as you claim. Not cool!

one on here and from guys I work with........ pisses me right off!

One guy I work with has an Island Elk and is not going, He told me he never thought he would get drawn for one. Too expensive of a trip. I asked why apply???? He said....why not!

6 K
06-21-2011, 08:54 PM

One guy I work with has an Island Elk and is not going, He told me he never thought he would get drawn for one. Too expensive of a trip. I asked why apply???? He said....why not!

Tell him if he ever puts in for your draw and does not go again you'll walk right up and punch him on the end of the nose.
Last time I did that I got the draw the following year.

NaStY
06-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Unfortunately it does happen. Piss's me off too, but what can you do. Had a friend 2 years ago get an elk tag and never went. Didnt want to drive that far........

hillclimber
06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Unfortunately it does happen. Piss's me off too, but what can you do. Had a friend 2 years ago get an elk tag and never went. Didnt want to drive that far........

So if you know your not gonna drive that far why bother filling out? Thats what pisses me off. Especially since the results came out if it was a last minute situation that I could understand but knowing you just got the tag your already saying f that I aint going!! grrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

chinookkiller
06-21-2011, 09:42 PM
5-15A goat draw

6 draw in and only got this , frist time hunt goat in this area so want to know which area has best bet to do it, Anyone have general info or experience with goat in here? Thanks a lot for any feed back. not need honeyhole,just where to begin!

boxhitch
06-21-2011, 10:10 PM
WTF is with people, The draws just came out, and I have already heard 5 guys say they plan on NOT hunting some of the tags they drew!!!!! Why put in for a tag if you already know your not going to hunt it? man oh man.......,That happens lots. Its a lottery, so many buy more than one ticket. Guys put in for all species and never think for a minute they will hunt them all. They choose from the ones they do win. Thats the beauty of the system in BC. We have choices sometimes.

kuiu
06-21-2011, 10:17 PM
That happens lots. Its a lottery, so many buy more than one ticket. Guys put in for all species and never think for a minute they will hunt them all. They choose from the ones they do win. Thats the beauty of the system in BC. We have choices sometimes.

I'll agree with you on that one! It is a good part of our system! But it just drives me nutz when guys don't understand how lucky they are to have been drawn. It might never happen again!

bruin
06-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Got 3-16 D for goats. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gateholio
06-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Got my sec choice goat draw.

Now if there is anybody that knows 3-16D I just want to know if the area has any roads to get me a little closer before the hike begins.

I wonder how you pulled that off, getting your second choice goat draw for 3-16D, when lots of people applying for 1st choice in that area didn't get an LEH? You sure it was yoru second choice?

100milehousehunter
06-22-2011, 04:37 PM
got my first moose draw, region 5-1 got a cabin at bowers lake seen a few moose in the area any help or tips for the area or moose hunting in general would be great as it is my first moose hunt you can pm me if you like thanks guys!

springpin
06-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Help I checked on my blackberry and I got 7032 but don't have a synopsis with me and phone can't check...what did I win !?

Should of got an I phone....Hunting and fishing reg app.

snareman1234
06-22-2011, 08:46 PM
4-19B for goats....got it as my 2nd choice, so I really do not know very much about the area..its the west side of Kootenay lake, across from Kaslo...PM me if you have any info, it sure would be appreciated!

drakfero
06-22-2011, 11:08 PM
3/4 of million $ on the lottery tickets , not so bad , hey?

Sundance1972
06-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Got a shared hunt for moose in 5-02(B) (Oct15-31) with a couple friends. Haven't been in that area since I was 15, so any info/tips anyone can share (places to set up camp, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

I've been hunting for well over 20 years, but this will be my first dedicated moose trip since I was a kid. My friends are both fairly new to hunting as well (one just took the core this spring) so any suggestions in regards to gear would be great, especially game calls and how to use them properly. Any good DVD's out there to look for??

Like I said, any tips/info would be awesome, and if I can help anyone with a hunt on southern Van Isle, don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will do the best I can.

bforce750
06-25-2011, 01:12 PM
When are the leh tags given ? I just sent in my leh tags yesterday ...I phoned them and they said I had to wait 1 whole year...what a bunch of bull...I wish our system was like Alberta's , at least you get drawn every year.

Good2bCanadian
06-27-2011, 08:02 AM
I am pretty sure you missed the deadline. lol
At least your tags will be on top of the pile for next year.

behemoth
06-27-2011, 12:59 PM
When are the leh tags given ? I just sent in my leh tags yesterday ...I phoned them and they said I had to wait 1 whole year...what a bunch of bull...I wish our system was like Alberta's , at least you get drawn every year.

Now THATS funny!!!!!!!!!
:wink:

Piperdown
07-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Hey has anybody who was successful received their copy in the mail yet??

Hunterguy
07-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Here is the Moose is Loose Lodge tucked away at their camp in 5-2B
Hunted that area for 20 years any questions no problem.

antileno
07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
A question about bag limits. I drew a moose this year and I have read the regs and it says the provincial bag limit is 1. Now if i were to go shoot a spike fork in a different MU would that make my LEH tag unusable?

mjmbc
07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
yes your leh would be unuseable if you shoot one elsewhere