PDA

View Full Version : Bar rigging with Spin in Glows in the Vedder Anyone do it?

Camp Cook
06-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Fishing season is opening back up in the Vedder in a couple of weeks (July 1) does anyone ever use bar rigs/spin in glows in the lower river?

???

Salty
06-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Sounds like a good way to catch a lot of other guy's gear that are elbow to elbow on each side of you :-D Never even fished the river actually but everything I've heard and read says its crazy busy

Camp Cook
06-19-2011, 07:57 PM
There will still be very high water so I am doubting that there will be anyone else around when/if I try it.

I had been fishing a 300 - 400 yard stretch of the river for steelhead earlier this year very few people were there then...

BUCKJR
06-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Bar fished the lower canal quite a number of time for steelhead with good success, however the water would be quite a bit lower in Feb-March. The option to attempt this fishery is definately there, however there would be more productive ways to catch a red spring in the Vedder. The standard float fishing or casting spoons/trolling the mouth would be far more productive.

winchester284
06-19-2011, 08:49 PM
The lower river (canal) is an excellent place to fish the spin and glow. I know a couple of old fellows that fish that way and they have a lot of success for springs, steelhead and coho. Of course they have a lot of time to just sit there waiting.....

nano
06-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I will be out fishing the river come July 1 and from the research I have done a stander float with a spin and glow works.

Camp Cook
06-21-2011, 08:30 AM
I will be out fishing the river come July 1 and from the research I have done a stander float with a spin and glow works.

Can you explain this setup?

I'm thinking cast a regular drift setup with a smaller spin in glow at the hook.

Still thinking... does anyone bottom bounce the Vedder and yes the location where I fish this method would work if there are not to many snags.

SHAKER
06-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Can you explain this setup?

I'm thinking cast a regular drift setup with a smaller spin in glow at the hook.

Still thinking... does anyone bottom bounce the Vedder and yes the location where I fish this method would work if there are not to many snags.

Save the $$$ and leave the spin'n glow off... Wool ties are often all you'll need. Those small SnG's are usually fished under a float holding back on them causing the back troll effect. My experience with Red's is to find better moving water, work the deep runs and pools and a little roe don't hurt if you KNOW the fish are there and not touch'n anything.

Bottom bouncing on the Vedder? unless somethings really changed theirs not many spots I can remember where you would'nt be supporting the sport shops. The same princeable of bottom bouncing can be achieved under a float just with a little more control on the depth. Don't tell anyone but we've been flossing Coho for years and most people can't figure out why your limited out and they havn't had a sniff on the roe...LOL