PDA

View Full Version : Stave lake/river info

white moose
06-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Just got my jetboat to the lowermainland today. Was wondering if anybody has info on the river and its conditions, for boating. Want to go up tomorrow, need a few pointers, like how far you can go up and water levels. Has anybody been up to the river this year? Any fishing? help please.

NaStY
06-18-2011, 10:52 PM
There are alot better places to go then the stave. Pitt river to the lake is a nice run. Fraser river up through the Harrison river up to and ending in Lillooet.

white moose
06-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Do you mean too difficult to run, or scenery wise? Any members been up the stave this year? Looks nice in the pics. The river doesn't look to sketchy. Correct me if i'm wrong please.

NaStY
06-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Well why not take a run up and see for yourself. Water is higher this time of year so little depth issues. Just watch out for stumps on the lake.

white moose
06-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Well why not take a run up and see for yourself. Water is higher this time of year so little depth issues. Just watch out for stumps on the lake.

We are heading up tomorrow, just wanted some info on the river. How far have you been up? what kind of boat did you use? I'm running a 18.5ft firefish with a 350.

Barracuda
06-18-2011, 11:34 PM
just stay to the left and read the water. in the scheme of things you cant go that far before rockgardens begin but its a nice run nonetheless

Laurence_Erickson
06-18-2011, 11:40 PM
white moose did you ever run the thompson before you took the boat south?