PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot?

Mike26
06-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Have I hit the jackpot? probably not but I think it's pretty close. I am an island city boy who is just getting into hunting. For some reason I have really wanted to do a Caribou hunt. Not having a hunting partner, especially one that will travel that kind of distance would make a Caribou hunt a little hard. Out of the blue I get contacted from an old friend (who said Facebook sucks) that is living in prime Caribou territory and best of all she's a hunter. Now I just have to convince her to have me come visit for a while and a hunt (which) I don't think will be to hard. Keep your fingers crossed.

swampthing
06-18-2011, 06:25 PM
"She". Sounds like it good be a good trip.

Mike26
06-18-2011, 06:58 PM
"She". Sounds like it good be a good trip.
Nah, her boyfriend/husband (not sure if they are married) would destroy me.

Darksith
06-18-2011, 09:39 PM
so its not really like hitting the jackpot then, just finding an old friend who lives in the place you long for

emerson
06-19-2011, 09:38 AM
so its not really like hitting the jackpot then, just finding an old friend who lives in the place you long for

Having a local contact for a longed for hunt is good stuff any way you look at it. The long term cost benefit analysis on a relationship with a female doesn't always end up positive.

Bow Walker
06-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Are you going to try for the caribou with your bow?

huntwriter
06-19-2011, 10:40 AM
That's great Mike26. Having friends living in areas you wish to hunt is always a good start. Many places I hunt here in BC, the rest of Canada and in America came about because I have friends who let me hunt on their land, or know other people that let me hunt on their land, or can point me in the right direction. Friends often can be vital to hunting access. I hope it works out for you. If you hunt caribou with the bow start practicing for long distance shots.

TheProvider
06-19-2011, 11:15 AM
I'd say jackpot. Its great to find old friends who are in areas that we want to travel to. I recently found out my gf has a uncle who hunts in Terrace and also a cousin who lives in Saskatchewan, she thinks he hunts. I've always wanted to hunt whitetails in Saskatchewan.

Darksith
06-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Having a local contact for a longed for hunt is good stuff any way you look at it. The long term cost benefit analysis on a relationship with a female doesn't always end up positive.
Of course it is, and I was just joking...plus who said anything about long term relationship...

Mike26
06-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Are you going to try for the caribou with your bow?

If I go this year, No. I am not confident enough in my self yet. Maybe next year

Bowzone_Mikey
06-19-2011, 10:24 PM
I have a buddy from Calgary that re-located to Whitehorse and now has his guiding licence .... keeps harping on me to get up there to arrow a 'bou .......

on a side note ... Facebook is steadily climbing the chart to the #1 cause of marital breakdowns ....Evidently there isnt alot of trust in some marriages

Darksith
06-20-2011, 05:52 AM
on a side note ... Facebook is steadily climbing the chart to the #1 cause of marital breakdowns ....Evidently there isnt alot of trust in some marriages
If we work real hard maybe we can get HBC into the top 10

troutseeker
06-20-2011, 03:48 PM
If we work real hard maybe we can get HBC into the top 10

No way! I'm not going to date any of you smelly, old, hunters!!!

doubled
06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Jackpot indeed. Several of my favourite trips are to places where I would not normally go for one reason or another but somebody I know is close by and gives me an excuse for a "visit". Even better if they have acreage and encourage you to stay there.