PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Weaver Lake

Buck Skin
06-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm heading up to Weaver lake tomorrow with my Dad and I'm wondering about what flies to use and where abouts on the lake to use them and if it matters what time of day? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks bs

Tarp Man
06-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Woolly buggers and carey specials have always worked well for me there. Also make sure to bring a supply of Doc Spratley flies. If you are anchored and casting, you can always go for a micro leech on an intermediate line.

Farmer
06-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Hey Buck Skin, how did you and your dad make out at Weaver? I was also there on Sunday with my wife and 14 yr old son. It was a little slow for us. We landed four - 12 inches the largest. Some others were having some success. We really enjoyed it when a little girl (4-5 yr) caught a fish and na na na na ed her dad because she had caught a fish. Green tends to be a good colour to use. We hooked fish on both sinking and sink tip lines and others were getting success with floating lines. The lake was sure busy but at least the rain held off.

244 rem
06-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Muddler minow and leaches--poss chronomids

I'm heading up to Weaver lake tomorrow with my Dad and I'm wondering about what flies to use and where abouts on the lake to use them and if it matters what time of day? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks bs

Buck Skin
06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
hi farmer
My dad and I found it very slow. We hooked 2 fish but lost 1. The fish was probably about 12-13inches. The fly that caught the fish was a green leech with a gold beed on full floating line. I hope the guy building an outrigger on his canoe in the middle of the boat launch get in your way?
Cheers
buckskin