PDA

View Full Version : Newbie bow?

Livewire322
06-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Im looking into buying a bow was wondering what is good for less than 900$
any tips for chosing?

Bow Walker
06-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Since you're in the area, why not drop into Boormans and try some bows out? Get a feel for what they are like in your hand. Don't get 'talked' into anything right away. Then go out to Abbottsford and try the ones in the shops out there. Remember to give Wayne at Big Game a try too.

Then, after handling, holding, and maybe shooting some bows you'll be better equipped to make your mind up about which one is for you.

TheProvider
06-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Since you're in the area, why not drop into Boormans and try some bows out? Get a feel for what they are like in your hand. Don't get 'talked' into anything right away. Then go out to Abbottsford and try the ones in the shops out there. Remember to give Wayne at Big Game a try too.

Then, after handling, holding, and maybe shooting some bows you'll be better equipped to make your mind up about which one is for you.

X2..... don't get talked into a bow by someone else. Seeing how your new to bows I highly recommend not just buying one online that looks "fancy" Get out to the local shops and try a few brands and models.

pse&remington
06-18-2011, 11:34 AM
myself I just got into bow hunting a year ago, i bought a pse bow madness ready to hunt package and a buddy of mine bought a bear assault package. Both purchased off the internet as a dollar is a dollar to us, and we are super happy with our purchases for less than 900 full ready to go with arrows and release.
But I have also had wayne at Big game archery in abby and also delt with the guys at boormans, and as far as customer service and knowledge goes these two shops are great to deal with.