PDA

View Full Version : cross province transporting

Yusuf
06-17-2011, 12:32 PM
i am looking to transport a gun from alberta to here, i am flying to alberta and back, what is the easiest way to transport my firearm back. should i mail it, or can i store it on the plane?

any info would be appreciated.

Jagermeister
06-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Your best bet for information of that sort is to check with the airline you are flying with and never mind the opinions that will be expressed here.
When you get the info from the airline, post it here for the benefit of the rest of us.

yukon john
06-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Just has to be locked up, shouldn't be any problem on the plane

Yusuf
06-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Your best bet for information of that sort is to check with the airline you are flying with and never mind the opinions that will be expressed here.
When you get the info from the airline, post it here for the benefit of the rest of us.

will do, thanks

bighornbob
06-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Air canada charges you $100 for each gun (even if its your only piece of luggage) you bring on each flight direction just so you know. Look at taking Westjet as the last time I checked they had no extra charge for guns.

BHB

Cookie-kid
06-17-2011, 02:28 PM
I've heard that some will ask you to take extra precautions like removing the bolt & mag & have them stored in a different contaioner, & no ammo. But again, all depending on the airline you choose. There are also various currier programs possibly even Greyhound. Lots of options. Safe travels.

Gateholio
06-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Different airlines have different rules, and may or may not charge a fee.

All of them require that the rifle be in a locked case. They like to see a trigger lock, too. And all of them require that ammo be in a separate piece of non carry on luggage. Flying with guns usually takes a bit more time but is usually painless if staying within Canada.