PDA

View Full Version : Dead Deer..

hunter1947
06-17-2011, 04:16 AM
Here is a picture of a dead mule buck deer on the side of the road just east of Headley BC.

SimilkameenSlayer
06-17-2011, 05:55 AM
Here is a picture of a dead mule buck deer on the side of the road just east of Hedley BC.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/0296.JPG (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

Hedley is where i live, i never noticed him .... strange. looks like the little guy who chewed cud on our front lawn.

shadow1982
06-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Serious question, when you see something like this, what can you do other then calling a CO?

blacklab
06-17-2011, 07:17 AM
Leave it right there till the road crew picks it up. Sometimes I think its good for the Pilgrims to see that animals die and it"s not always hunters that kill them.

Movingdirt
06-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Serious question, when you see something like this, what can you do other then calling a CO?

Mount it. Velvet is soft and plush to hold onto.

steel_ram
06-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Dead deer alright. Probably had a heart attack.;)

markt308
06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Yep i saw this guy last weekend on the way through

300H&H
06-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Wayne...I am not a critic of you but why post this picture ?

Is there a point to this ?

thunderheart
06-17-2011, 05:17 PM

x2... it is a deer .. it is dead ... wow...:shock:...thanks well done ... did you hit it?

notellyridge
06-17-2011, 08:00 PM
did u get him? lol

lovemywinchester
06-17-2011, 08:03 PM
This guys thought he hit one.
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/deeringrill.jpg

nolimits
06-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Just a typical road kill. While I got no problem viewing this pic, I not quite sure what's the point of it. Just call CO and let them deal with it.

THE BEAST
06-17-2011, 08:58 PM
did you take it home and mont it:mrgreen: LOL

THE BEAST

nolimits
06-17-2011, 09:14 PM
did you take it home and mont it:mrgreen: LOL

THE BEAST

No way!!!!

You leave it in the cabin for your buddy to skin it first, and you go to fetch another one. Isn't it right?:-D:-D:-D

hunter1947
06-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Leave it right there till the road crew picks it up. Sometimes I think its good for the Pilgrims to see that animals die and it"s not always hunters that kill them.

Thats just what I did left it there for the roads crew to pick up..

hunter1947
06-18-2011, 03:15 AM

I feel for this deer its a loss this is why I posted the picture..

hunter1947
06-18-2011, 03:16 AM
did u get him? lol

No I never hit this deer it was hit earlier in the morning hours..

Amphibious
06-18-2011, 08:26 AM
most useful thread ever! my life is so much better now.

500grhollowpoint
06-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Weird thread. What would make you post that pic? I could understand if it was a 17 pointer....

trapperdan2061
06-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Too bad we can"t pick it up and put it in the freezer like in most provinces< seems like a waste of good meat.

elkdom
06-18-2011, 08:52 AM

khee-rhist! road kill deer! in Reg 7B, I could post several a day sometimes, here 7B,the Dept Highways dont even pick them up, just leave for the Yoties and Ravens, the Co's and RCMP dont want to hear about it, unless there are persons seriouslyinjured/killed in the collision,

for human consumption?,road kill deer, moose and elk are good for $hit, even if you are there immediately ,

Crys Shorty
06-18-2011, 09:00 AM
If you have your trappers license you're permitted to collect it, otherwise it's a damn waste. Beautiful velvet too...

ramron
06-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Useless thread. Waste of forum space.

Glassman
06-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Not sure why I needed to see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Red
06-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Wayne put a photo of a dead deer up to show what he saw on a drive along a highway. Truely a waste of a soon to be nice buck, but that's life in the real world. For all you guys bagging on Wayne for this post, suck it up little bitches. Thanks for the picks Wayne !!!

elkdom
06-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Wayne put a photo of a dead deer up to show what he saw on a drive along a highway. Truely a waste of a soon to be nice buck, but that's life in the real world. For all you guys bagging on Wayne for this post, suck it up little bitches. Thanks for the picks Wayne !!!

slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppp

thunderheart
06-18-2011, 04:41 PM
suck it up little bitches.

omg .. wish i had one of those popcorn eating smilie faces ... lol

BuckEye
06-18-2011, 08:19 PM
The post invoked a "serious response" from a member that had a legitimate question. (3rd response.) Newer HBC members may not know what the right thing to do would be in this situation. Responses indicated this.... Call a CO, leave it for the predators or viewing non hunters, or both...
The first few responses themselves would validate the reason for the post. It invoked situational questions..
Many less experienced members may come to conclusions on what to do in certain situations by researching and reading posts here. If it's constructive, provides good information, or invokes question from those less (or more) experienced on how to handle a certain situation, post or respond. It you can't understand why it was posted and see that other members responses indicate they do, then move on and resist the urge to have to respond with posts that really add nothing to a thread.

ROEBUCK
06-18-2011, 08:34 PM
this thread is awesome! :-D
too funny :-D

Any one else got some nice pics of road kill ? :twisted:

roadkill would make a great user name

ROEBUCK
06-18-2011, 08:35 PM
The post invoked a "serious response" from a member that had a legitimate question. (3rd response.) Newer HBC members may not know what the right thing to do would be in this situation. Responses indicated this.... Call a CO, leave it for the predators or viewing non hunters, or both...
The first few responses themselves would validate the reason for the post. It invoked situational questions..
Many less experienced members may come to conclusions on what to do in certain situations by researching and reading posts here. If it's constructive, provides good information, or invokes question from those less (or more) experienced on how to handle a certain situation, post or respond. It you can't understand why it was posted and see that other members responses indicate they do, then move on and resist the urge to have to respond with posts that really add nothing to a thread.

are you a rcmp cadet ?

jaeger
06-18-2011, 08:42 PM
well said buckeye,

steel_ram
06-18-2011, 10:31 PM
are you a rcmp cadet ?

I think you've got him pegged. LOL.

Could you imagine if people stopped and phoned in every road kill they came across. Some places in BC no one would get where they're going.

Marc
06-18-2011, 10:43 PM
I think the funniest thing I had ever seen was a road killed deer on the side of the road and the people who hit it had placed a car blanket on top of the dead deer from the neck on down like it was cold or something. :mrgreen: I'd hate to see how they would react driving on some of the more busier animal crossings in northern BC.

~T-BONE~
06-18-2011, 10:49 PM
I think the funniest thing I had ever seen was a road killed deer on the side of the road and the people who hit it had placed a car blanket on top of the dead deer from the neck on down like it was cold or something. :mrgreen: I'd hate to see how they would react driving on some of the more busier animal crossings in northern BC.

Thats hilarious ive actually seen that once too...

hunter1947
06-19-2011, 03:12 AM
I just new I was going to get bad ass remarks over posting this picture I should have never posted this picture http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.png..

Trapper
06-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Don't worry about it Wayne .....just carry on

carnivore
06-19-2011, 07:44 AM

I'll bet they were the non-hunter type. Remember, a lot of people that don't hunt or don't know any hunters have probably never seen a large dead animal up close. They are stunned that it is not in a styrofoam tray and wrapped with plastic wrap. :cry::cry:

Ride Red
06-19-2011, 08:26 AM
I just new I was going to get bad ass remarks over posting this picture I should have never posted this picture http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.png..

Wayne,

Don't worry about the few that have bitched about your post. This is a hunting forum that shows dead wildlife all the time. The true hunters in most of us can appreciate what that deer would have looked like in the fall. A shame it was hit, but it happens on a daily basis. Last year I was going through the Salmo pass and someone hit a grizzly. I stopped and talked with the CO and he figured it was about 3 years old. If I had my camera with me I would have taken pictures and posted too.
Ride Red.

Ride Red
06-19-2011, 08:28 AM
slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppp

Thanks Elkdom for the Fathers Day slurp !!!!

smoke-eater
06-19-2011, 08:47 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/jimmy_crack_corn_and_i_dont_care_tshirt-p235030141250586253yv90_400.jpg

steel_ram
06-19-2011, 11:26 AM

Hey, don't sweat it. We're just funning with you. Look, this thread generated a decent bit of entertaining replies, all from people of similiar interests. Why else would they come here?
Not only are the smart azz coments funny, but I especially get a kick out of the higher moral ground types, . . . the "Real Hunters blah blah blah" type.

JAFA
06-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Wayne,
Was the pic taken before or after CPR?

NaStY
06-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Ya Wayne dont sweat the small stuff. Its that time of year again when all the children come out to play.