PDA

View Full Version : PG Silvertip Archers Annual Fathers Day 3D shoot

Bowzone_Mikey
06-16-2011, 03:33 PM
once again .... its here ... Highway 16 just east of town ....

Home of what is said by some to be the best National Championship course to date and the closest thing to Snowshoe Mountain (original home to IBO world Championships) outside of West Virginia

SKYLINE
06-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Should be a good one! Just not looking forward to all the bugs.

BlackwaterHunter
06-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Sounds like a big turn out so far, see you all there saturday

oldtimer
06-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Some of the family will be there but I am working.
I have to agree with Mikey about the quality of the 4 courses they had for the Nationals. EXCEPTIONAL !!! even with the bugs.
Mike

BlackwaterHunter
06-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Course A was a great one in my oppinion, but course B screwed me over haha

ThinAir
06-18-2011, 08:58 PM
It was a good shoot today. Lots of big game targets to shoot at, no frogs or mosquitos!:)

oldtimer
06-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Hey Mikey I hear an 11 year old posted the high score for the shoot !!
Congratulations on what I hear was a good shoot..........Mike

Bowzone_Mikey
06-20-2011, 11:51 AM
ya some not so lil' 11 year old kid ... posted high score .... I wish I caught his name ...;)

It was a great shoot ... I think the weather forcast kept some away tho .... alot of Challanging shots .... We used the Ravine a bit so some of the hike was a bit challanging ... I am not sure if you and the Mrs wouldve apriciated it .... Big Al did ok on the hike but you know our steps ... some are large

Its pretty bad however when one of the set-up crew gets skull screwed on his own course .... My head wasnt into the game most of the weekend ... and my scores show that .... Next year if I am working afternoon shift for it ... I am still taking it off anyway ....

cheers
Mikey

Ruger4
06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Pics !! we need some pics !! everyone likes pics !!

Bowzone_Mikey
06-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Barry has a buttload of pics ... My good Camera was at Francios lake at a fishing derby with the Wife and kids and grandparents ..... And I dont carry my phone on course typically

Bowzone_Mikey
06-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Course A was a great one in my oppinion, but course B screwed me over haha

A course I scored way better on Sunday ...cause I pulled my head outta my ass .... I helped initially set up B (little bit of A as well while waiting for Dave)...and scored better on Sunday than I did Saturday (I had nothing to do with changes Sat night as I had to work other than when talking about shots on Friday saying that wont work ...Dave proved me wrong ...worked on B)

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot shoot courses that I help set up competivly ... I shat the bed at the 06 Nats in Lethbridge when I got to the course I set ...Its a mental thing that I need to overcome ...

Glad you had fun tho kid .... That APA seems to work great for ya

BlackwaterHunter
06-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Well thanks for helping set that course up! And thanks im glad i finally got into outdoor 3d :D