PDA

View Full Version : some simple questions... hopefully..

atba
06-15-2011, 12:57 PM
my first question is how do you determine ether u are a left shooter or a right shooter. ive herd it has to do with your dominant eye, if so. how do u find that one out?

2nd question, how do you tell what size arrows you have 125 gr. 100gr. so on so forth. (need to know so i can get the right broad heads)

3rd does anyone have some pictures of perfect form or a video they can link? (i have been put on Overnight staff for the last 6 months. and got my bow the first pay cheque and shoot it a few times.)

4th are Fobs better? if so are they easy to order or will it be i be on hold for hours?

(all questions of a soon to be hunter.)

Sitkaspruce
06-15-2011, 01:06 PM
For your dom eye, look at an object 30' in front of you and point at it. Then close one eye and then the other, the one that lines up with your finger and object tells you that is your dom eye.

Google and youtube will have lots of info and videos out there.

Cheers

SS

Moosehunter64
06-15-2011, 01:07 PM
An easy way to find out which eye is dominant is to make a small hole in a piece of paper and hold it up to the light and look through and move it toward your face.Which ever eye you bring it to is probably your dominant eye.An old bow hunter showed me this.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-15-2011, 01:29 PM
1 : answered twice ...
2: dont understand the question ... for points .. unscrew them and weigh them, if you are talking 100 or 125 grains ...otherwise please post the type of arrow you have ... eg: Easton Epic ST 400 or Gold Tip Ultralight 500 ... and the lenth from throat of nock to tip
3: are you shooting compound? Google archery learning center ... George has some great video on Youtube
4: I hate FOBs .. I personally think they are crap-tastic ... you must use a drop away rest with them, and they are not always stuck to the arrow .... they are designed to slide off at impact of animal so as to mark where the critter was shot .... I have had many fall off on the shot ... if you have a snotty bow they are not for you ...

Bow Walker
06-15-2011, 04:05 PM
As BZM says, finding your dominant eye should be easy if you follow the advice of Sitkaspruce.

Arrow "size" is a result of your bow. What kind is it? Compound? Traditional? After that - what is the draw weight of the bow and then what is your draw length? Answer those questions and then "we" can recommend an arrow "size"

When you weigh your arrow tip (the one that unscrews from the arrow insert) be sure to get it weighed using a scale that can measure things in "grains" - not grams, or not ounces, or anything else. it's gotta be grains.

Here's a picture of what is conssidered "perfect shooting form"....for what it's worth.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Keepemsharp_WristReleaseForm_1_1.jpg (javascript:;)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Harry_Tutton_Memorial_Shoot_Qualicum_Feb_05.JPG (javascript:;)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/triangle1OverheadPictureofZoli_1_.jpg

atba
06-15-2011, 07:51 PM
so forgot this, is duel cam easier to draw then single cam? (i shoot a compound bow for those who are wondering)

Bowzone_Mikey
06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
depends on the cam design .... some solo cams are extremly harsh draw ... some are extremely smooth ....

Mike26
06-15-2011, 10:16 PM
what's a fob?

Bow Walker
06-16-2011, 09:31 AM
what's a fob?

http://www.starrflight.com/

Bow Walker
06-16-2011, 09:35 AM
so forgot this, is duel cam easier to draw then single cam? (i shoot a compound bow for those who are wondering)

Depends on the make and model.

For instance Diamond single cam bows are pretty easy in their draw cycle, while Hoyt single cam bows can get pretty harsh, especially if you want speed.

Dual cams are the same. Want a fast, aggressive bow? It'll probably come with a harsher draw cycle.

atba
06-21-2011, 07:17 AM
the arrows i am also using are X weave 100s. does that mean they are 100 grain?

Bow Walker
06-21-2011, 09:40 AM
X-Weave 100's refers to the spine of the arrow shaft. In the case of the "100" it is the weakest spine. I hope your draw weight isn't more than 50 pounds and that your arrow length is less that 27".