PDA

View Full Version : Chase BC's First annual 3D

dave*
06-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Just got back to the lower mainland from the Chase BC one day 3 D.

For their first crack at a 3D they did a very good job of it.

2 laps of 25 targets with a nice blending of difficulties and to mix it up an "A" stake and a "B" stake to shoot from. good thinking on their part.

There was a good turnout of people from fairly long distances , Grand forks, 100 mile, Vancouver ( me) as well as the local shuswap okanagan guys

Talking with the Chase crew , they wanted to start this year with a one day, get the feel for it and if all goes per plan kick it up to a 2 day next year with pig roast etc.

I think Chase is going to be a shoot to watch for in the future.

PS: to the lady who baked the rhubarb coffee cake, that stuff was awsome

Ruger4
06-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Good to hear !!
With Kamloops and now Chase hosting great shoots, that area west of Salmon Arm is really stepping it up !!

Mountain Man
06-13-2011, 11:09 AM
The shoot was very enjoyable, its great to see 3d growing !!!

High recommendation for everyone attending next year !!!!! BUG SPRAY or THERMA CELL.

If they sold bug spray at registration I would have paid 100 bucks for a bottle ! lol

Good job to the folks involved !

Canuck2
06-14-2011, 06:56 PM
After hanging around Chase for an extra day and half, I just got home awhile ago. I agree - it was an excellent shoot. Very enjoyable setting, good clubhouse, nice job of setting up the targets. The mosquitoes? Pshaw, they weren't nothin'. I did use a squirt of juice but I don't think they were any worse than most places. Definitely looking forward to what Chase will have in store next year.

I think the easiest target to tame was the cobra.:wink:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Canuck2/P1040603.jpg

Bowzone_Mikey
06-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Now that is some kind of Funny right there ..... where is his flying carpet ?????

Its awesome to see many new and renewed 3D venues ... it does nothing but promote the growth of the sport ..... Kelowna, Kamloops Renewal , Chase ...many many other throughout BC ... Its great to see with so much Enthusiasm.

Another note ... Does anyone recall the old 100 mile ???? Gopher Derby???? ...was before my time in the sport here in BC but a friend told me about it .....