PDA

View Full Version : Mancation ideas? (hunting trips)

fowlweather
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
so last spring break my family went to south dakota to help thin out the population of snow geese out there. we had a blast, if you want to see the trip check my threads...

Anyways we are looking to get away again to go kill some sh$%.. so what are some of your experiences or things to do on your bucket list?

we were considering argentina to kill some doves or to go down to texas to do some hog hunting.

sparkes3
06-12-2011, 10:13 PM
do the hogs

Johnnybear
06-12-2011, 10:19 PM
do the hogs

From a helicopter!!! (if it's legal)

Bucket list stuff. Too young to think about that yet.

Argentina is supposed to be an amazing place. Tough call.

Good on ya for going for it:-D.

How bout alligator hunting down south in Louisiana?

fowlweather
06-12-2011, 10:22 PM
such a tough choice

russm
06-12-2011, 11:11 PM
ive always thought doing in some kangaroos and big crocs would be fun,costly though.

russm
06-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Or a walrus,'cause who can say they have a walrus mount lol

Rectifier
06-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Hogs! Sounds like a blast. Cheap to get there, more money for ammo!

Johnnybear
06-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Or a walrus,'cause who can say they have a walrus mount lol

I went to the Cabela's in Lacey WA and they have a 1500 lb Sea Lion stuffed on dislay and I thought the same thing:-D. Who has a great big Seal Lion stuffed?

Tanya
06-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Hogs are fun and not that expensive, or try free-ranging aoudad in TX. Lots of stuff down there to go after. Tell Lincovich to call us.

BiG Boar
06-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Have to say doves in Argentina is one of the most fun hunts there is out there to be had. Its madness for sure! Can also do hogs at the same time while there.

wsquared
07-23-2011, 07:14 AM
I was down in TX for a work related conference this past May, and built in a side trip for Hog hunting. There are lots of outfits to choose from, I chose one between Houston and DFW, as I flew into Houston. I also chose them because it was night hunting with night vision goggles, night vision scoped and FLIR scoped ARs..... and shoot as many hawgs as possible. We went to a farmer's 3600 acres property and saw 40-60 hawgs while we were there, 18 got smoked. I don't know how the farmer's can make a go of it with these things tearing up their pastures, could've got more off this guy's fields, but they were in amongst the cattle. http://tacticalhogcontrol.com check them out.

1/2 slam
07-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Pheasants in South Dakota

CanuckShooter
07-23-2011, 10:26 PM
I was down in TX for a work related conference this past May, and built in a side trip for Hog hunting. There are lots of outfits to choose from, I chose one between Houston and DFW, as I flew into Houston. I also chose them because it was night hunting with night vision goggles, night vision scoped and FLIR scoped ARs..... and shoot as many hawgs as possible. We went to a farmer's 3600 acres property and saw 40-60 hawgs while we were there, 18 got smoked. I don't know how the farmer's can make a go of it with these things tearing up their pastures, could've got more off this guy's fields, but they were in amongst the cattle. http://tacticalhogcontrol.com check them out.

Just curious...what did they do with the dead hogs??

CanuckShooter
07-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Saw a show on the boob tube, they were shooting feral pigs in Florida...no season, no limit...that looked like fun. Then there was those guys going after boars with dogs and bowie knives, that looked like a nut clencher!!

betteroffishing
07-24-2011, 09:25 AM
what about your own backyard , guided moose in eastern canada , guided rosevelt elk on the island , alaskan river fly fishing for giant salmon, giant sask whitetail , deep sea diving for lobster out of pei ,... homegrown saffaris are limittless , you get more bang for your buck { typically less travel expense } and you help out your own contries economy. if i had a trip of a lifetime and was not permitted to use it in my home and native land , i do believe id go to louisianna or florrida and hunt gators , fish for reds , tillapia and giant catfish.

wsquared
07-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Canuck shooter
It depended. Some landowners want the carcass removed from the fields where the cattle graze, some were OK with leaving it as it lay and shooting coyotes etc, off of it. Some farmers or people in town, would want ones of a certain size for processing.
The guys that run THC, both have full time jobs, and average 100 nights/year on top of that shooting hogs. Not all the hogs get processed into pork, but this is more population control than hunting. If we stopped to gut/clean the first few we shot, we would not have shot as many off the farmer's land.
TX has a real problem, est. 2 million feral hogs.
I had fun making a small dent, helping out a landowner.

Doug
07-25-2011, 05:52 PM
How about a guided trip in Northern BC? I mean seriously, you folks have some fabulous hunting out there, and beautiful country too. Horseback for elk?

Doug

Blainer
07-25-2011, 06:38 PM
looking at antelope in Wyoming myself for this year.
Africa next year,May.