PDA

View Full Version : twisting strings.

Mike26
06-12-2011, 05:07 PM
After several shots with my new bow I find my string is twisting. MY D-loop now points forward and the rubber for me peep sit is tiwsted around the string. When pulled back it straightens out and seems to shoot just fine but makes loading quickley an issue. Is this something I should be worried about or should I take it back to the guy who set it up for me?

Ambush
06-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Roll the rubber tube off the peep, un-wind and slide it back on.
Pinch the string close to the loop and turn the loop around the string to line it up.
It's normal for the string to settle in and should quit moving after a hundred shots or so. Better strings move less.

358win
06-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Like Ambush said. A string needs to break in and will 'twist' for a bit. It's normal. Remove your peep cord from one end & re-attach.

Eagle1
06-12-2011, 09:22 PM
build my string, let it sit under 180 lbs tension for a day or so, put it on my bow set peep { no rubber band} set nock loop and 99% of the time I never have to reset my peep or loop till I put on a new string.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-13-2011, 10:27 AM
build my string, let it sit under 180 lbs tension for a day or so, put it on my bow set peep { no rubber band} set nock loop and 99% of the time I never have to reset my peep or loop till I put on a new string.

Same .. but my strings are done under 1200 pounds for 6 hours as center serving is being installed ...
I have a string maker ... I dont do Voodoo Magic

Bow Walker
06-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I'd love to be able to build strings. Just haven't got a jig (yet).

I've seen Bill's string jig (or a version of it, if he hasn't changed it) and he has a great 'homemade' jig, capable of putting lottsa tension on the string.

One of these days - as soon as I find my "round-to-it"........

Eagle1
06-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Same .. but my strings are done under 1200 pounds for 6 hours as center serving is being installed ...
I have a string maker ... I dont do Voodoo Magic

I think mines more than 180 but that's all my scale goes to and I also do all servings while under tension. I'm in the works of making a jig to get alot more tension. ya know a round " tuit " thing.