PDA

View Full Version : Squamish May 4th Bear

TheProvider
06-12-2011, 01:41 PM

Well I have some time so I'll finally put up a pic and story.

Saw this boar a few times before May 4th but always passed him up although not a monster he's a respectable bear and has a fabulous hide. May 4th although tired from work I figured I might as well go check a couple of my spots. Spotted this boar(for the 4th time) at 150yrds. Decided he can only tempt me so many times. The wind was perfect. Loaded the T/C muzzleloader and the stalk was on. He was busy munching away on fresh grass. Each time he looked up from eating I'd sneak closer and closer. After a few minutes I was 20yrds from him. I took my camera out of my pocket to take a pic of him when I thought of another idea. I switched the digital to video mode, placed it on a near by rock and pressed record. Raising the T/C I settled the cross hair on his vitals. As if on cue he looked up at me and I sqoze the trigger. The T/C barked, I peered through the smoke as i saw dash over the embankment. I reviewed the footaged right away. Walked over to the edge of the embankment. He was 10yrds down it out cold, he'd gone no more than 40 yrds and was out under 30 seconds.

The 300gr Sabot and 100grs of powder was a potent combination. Figured he weighed roughly 325lbs. Haven't measured him yet but the hides in the freezer. Saw another boar the same size but with a white patch on his chest standing 10yrds from where I shot this guy 2 weeks ago. Let him go though, wouldn't have though if a bow was with me.

I'll post up the video if enough people wanna see it.

hunterofthedeer
06-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Great story and I think all of us want to see this video.

nature girl
06-12-2011, 02:21 PM
That is a nice bear especially with your muzzleloader and to video it to what a bonus.

BillBraskii
06-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Video!!!!!!

TheProvider
06-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Sorry for the quality its just from a cheap digital I keep in my pack. Gonna have to get a good video camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXbjtYICxKk

gerrygoat
06-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Congrats on a nice bear, that's a lot of smoke from your muzzleloader :)

Johnnybear
06-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Cool stuff. Congrats on the bear. Nice video too.

What brand of bullet were you using? I like the 300 grainers too. Loose or pellets for the powder?

I have a TC Pro hunter and an Omega. TC makes great guns.

Thanks for sharing:-D.

BCHunterTV
06-12-2011, 09:39 PM
that bear has a nice coat,

moose2
06-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Nice looking bear congratulations
Mike

TheProvider
06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Its prolly the nicest coat I've seen on a bear. Was using T/C Shockwaves at 300grs. Used to use Nosler Partitions at 300gr but can't find them anywhere now. Pellet powder. Its my second T/C muzzleloader, have a Omega aswell as this Triumph, haven't shot the Pro Hunter yet but hopefully soon. Glad everyone likes it thanks for the comments

markt308
06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Sorry for the quality its just from a cheap digital I keep in my pack. Gonna have to get a good video camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXbjtYICxKk

Man don't be sorry your footage is great, nice and steady! good video man keep 'em coming and congrats on the smoke pole kill

TheProvider
06-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Man don't be sorry your footage is great, nice and steady! good video man keep 'em coming and congrats on the smoke pole kill

Thanks I'd like to get into videoing, maybe try to video a bowhunt for my last bear tag in the fall in the blueberry patch.

hunter1947
06-14-2011, 04:11 AM
You almost got it all on your video nice try on the camera work ,you made up for it on putting this black down ,congrats to you..

BiG Boar
06-14-2011, 06:35 AM
we should call you the magic man! That thing disappeared into a cloud of smoke! Wicked

TheProvider
06-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone there'll be a better camera in my pack come fall with still one bear tag, one cougar tag and 2 blacktail tags, I'm sure there'll be some more footage for your viewing pleasure