PDA

View Full Version : I made David Suzuki very happy !

gutpile
06-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Well boys and girls, i spent almost two weeks up in region 4-34 looking for my grizzly bear and i thought for sure i would see a good number of bears in that region. Well guess what !! in that whole time in was in there i saw one sow with three cubs, yup that's right ,thats all i saw i couldn't believe it.
I went to most south facing slopes , but because those slopes were quite steep with waste high brush i couldn't see very much ,so i was allways glassing the north side which hadn't greened up yet. Beautiful country though ! another thing i noticed was that there were few black bears in that region as well and i don't know why that would be ?
There was many times allso ware i would get myself stuck in the wet snow with my truck and even with my quid got high centered and i had to dig my self out with my hands and feet because i didn't bring a shovel along.
Over all it turned out to be a good camping trip .:???:

CanuckShooter
06-12-2011, 05:07 AM
At least you enjoyed the camping!! Darned good thing you weren't counting on that meat to fill your freezer!!

boxhitch
06-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Sounds like a good camping trip

thats all i saw

i was allways glassing the north side which hadn't greened up yet.
Any plans to change it up a little next time ?

Gov #s for 2004 say about 140 bears in the Spillamacheen area

SHAKER
06-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Been threw that many times, thick slides are really tough to work with...... Time in the jungle is always good regardless but sure nice to see some game, even if it isn't what your look'n for.

pearljam
06-12-2011, 08:27 AM
The odds for 4-34 are 2:1 for a reason. Not many bears, plus you need to be in that country before things green up on the south facing slopes.

Schmaus
06-12-2011, 10:43 AM
thats why its called hunting not killing :)

The Dude
06-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Next time fire a shot or three, then make moose calf in distress calls, and wait. :evil: (PS: Watch your six if you're gonna do this.)

nature girl
06-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Atleast you had a good time. Getting stuck that just makes things a little more interesting. Just think from now on youlll never forget your shovel.

Ride Red
06-12-2011, 02:49 PM
One horn buck,

Did you camp at little loon lake ? I elk hunted that area many years ago with good success. The bear are there, its just so damn thick to climb the slides. How amny KM's were you able to get to?

gutpile
06-12-2011, 03:07 PM
One horn buck,

Did you camp at little loon lake ? I elk hunted that area many years ago with good success. The bear are there, its just so damn thick to climb the slides. How amny KM's were you able to get to?
yes i did camp one nite at loon lake, i went all the way up were it turns to caribou fsr where the sam's cabin is. From there it was still full of snow.

open-sights
06-12-2011, 04:34 PM
We spent a trip up in 4-40 and even with a jet boat - had a similar experience, high growth in the slides and low water to get up the rivers made it dificult to spot bears.

springpin
06-12-2011, 06:48 PM
where in 4-34 were you?? lots of black bears around.

gutpile
06-13-2011, 01:23 AM
I was in most of the valleys and that's the thing i found so strange, there was little sign of either bears, and i saw only a few black bears
in all of that country it's a big area.

moose2
06-13-2011, 02:33 AM
Camping is fun and you got out there for the chance of connecting , can't get them everytime.