PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy your Alberta draws

Brett
06-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Just a reminder to those who buy Alberta draws.............

srupp
06-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Ya gotta wait till wed. and our LEH... and then put in for my Alberta moose..my priority for moose is good this year...and also for pronhorn..but I will 999 that till next year and concentrate on pronghorn in 2012..

If I draw moose here..I guess next year is 2 trips East to Alberta...

cheers

Steven

300H&H
06-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I would love to hunt Alberta...but my understanding is I need a resident hunter to take me with them.

Is this true ?

If so, do you know anyone who would be willing to take me ?

David Heitsman
06-12-2011, 04:48 PM
My AB outfitter figures I might get drawn this year for muley. Fingers crossed.

forest walker
06-12-2011, 10:31 PM
My AB outfitter figures I might get drawn this year for muley. Fingers crossed.

I am trying to understand your statement here. Your outfitter does not need you to get a draw to hunt with him. He already has the license. If he has asked you to apply to get it he is taking you as a hunter host. If that is the case and charging you money like it sounds like he is doing it illegally. Please tell me who your outfitter is.

Walking Buffalo
06-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Deadline for Draw application is June 23.

thumper1
06-13-2011, 01:07 PM
An Alberta "Hunter Host may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept a fee for services, directly or indirectly. The license authorizes the holder (usually a relative or friend of the hunters to be hosted) to host a maximum of 2 non-resident (Canadian) or non-resident aliens ..." - from the Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations.
This 'hunter host' system has successfully permitted friends and family to hunt big game together in Alberta for many years, without unduly impacting the Alberta professional outfitters. However, some have abused this system which is intended for friends and family, with under-the-table payment, 'trading' goods or services, or other 'reward' or benefits between people who are not 'friends & family'- and the Alberta Hunter Host system is now in danger of being dismantled because of this minority of users who don't follow its intent, or play by the rules.
It would be a real shame to see the program shut down because of this abuse.

forest walker
06-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Exactly Thumper and by the coments posted by David Heitsman above I see abuse taking place unless I am not understanding his statement. He does not seem like he wants to clarify either which does not look good as well.

Peace Country
06-21-2011, 05:13 PM
This will be easy for Alberta fish and wildlife to check out as they have his name David Heitsman and he has to buy a huntinglicense in Alberta, if he buys a hunter host license through an outfitter Alberta fish and wildlife will most likely look into this matteras it would be considered illegal guiding and both the hunter and the outfitter would be charged. This is why Alberta SRD is looking at taking this away from us Albertan's, a few can wreck it for all of us.

forest walker
06-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Looks liek Mr. David H is staying pretty quiet. David, Areyou out there??????

hntcrazy
06-23-2011, 09:27 AM
"UH OH " Sometimes it sure is better keeping stuff to yourself i guess ....
Dont tweet dont facebook dont blab.

sheephunterab
06-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Looks liek Mr. David H is staying pretty quiet. David, Areyou out there??????

It seems lots of out of province people refer to "Hunter Hosts" as outfitters. Heck, it wasn't that long ago that you got a "Class C Guide's Licence" to be a hunter host. Perhaps it was just a poor choice of terminology and there is nothing nefarious under foot ;)

David Heitsman
06-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Haven't logged in for a while. It's finally nice weather to start chasing birdies on the golf course and have been away for a week in the Okanagan doing exactly that. Not keeping quiet at all. Better look into whatever the fuss is. Will report. Thx for the PM nudge from one of you above.

forest walker
06-25-2011, 12:22 PM
It seems lots of out of province people refer to "Hunter Hosts" as outfitters. Heck, it wasn't that long ago that you got a "Class C Guide's Licence" to be a hunter host. Perhaps it was just a poor choice of terminology and there is nothing nefarious under foot ;)
If lots of people refer to a hunter host as an outfitter I guess I am out of the loop and don't know many people because I have never heard of that before and neither have the people I hunt with.
Not sure what you think was not long ago but it has been at least 10 years since the class C has been gone now and I myelf thinks that is quite a while.
I am not sure who's side your on here TJ but what was said deserves an explanation does it not? If nothing is wrong then no big deal in asking questioons is there? He said he has been gone for the last week. HaHA if you look under profile info it shows you when the guy is logged on. I noticed he logged on a couple times in the last week! It raises flags to me ad hope that he just missed what was going on when logged on.
A lot of you guys complain about outfitters screwing the resident hunter and then when there is a "possibility" of abuse you want to ignore it. Shame on You! If your not going to ask questions you are as much of the problem.
David, I am not sure what you need to look into. What are the facts? If your doing something wrong and did not know then it is not your fault then it is not a big deal and you can deal with that. It is the outfitter I am concered about right now not you. You hiding the facts is not doing anything but helping someone that is screwing the system if in so anything is going on that is wrong.
If your not guilty of anything then you have no worries.

David Heitsman
06-25-2011, 01:49 PM
OK,

It seems to boil down to whether or not you (hunter) offer compensation or reward (to the host) and neither has been offered or requested so it's case closed. Put your Columbo hats and cigars away.

And for the record I hadn't seen this thread since I wrote on it a couple weeks ago.

I think it's a great program for facilitating friends from Canada to hunt together and hope that it flourishes at no detriment to the hunting professionals of Alberta.

BCbillies
06-25-2011, 02:00 PM
It seems to boil down to whether or not you (hunter) offer compensation or reward (to the host) and neither has been offered or requested so it's case closed. Put your Columbo hats and cigars away.

I think it's a great program for facilitating friends from Canada to hunt together and hope that it flourishes at no detriment to the hunting professionals of Alberta.

Hear hear!!! Speed goat here we come. :)

Barracuda
06-25-2011, 02:18 PM
An Alberta "Hunter Host may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept a fee for services, directly or indirectly. The license authorizes the holder (usually a relative or friend of the hunters to be hosted) to host a maximum of 2 non-resident (Canadian) or non-resident aliens ..." - from the Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations.
This 'hunter host' system has successfully permitted friends and family to hunt big game together in Alberta for many years, without unduly impacting the Alberta professional outfitters. However, some have abused this system which is intended for friends and family, with under-the-table payment, 'trading' goods or services, or other 'reward' or benefits between people who are not 'friends & family'- and the Alberta Hunter Host system is now in danger of being dismantled because of this minority of users who don't follow its intent, or play by the rules.
It would be a real shame to see the program shut down because of this abuse.

sounds like some hound hunters(and a few "hunting advisers") which is why they are so strict on hounders here

Gateholio
06-25-2011, 03:37 PM
I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

How about everyone stop playing intraweb FBI? Nobody is compelled to explain anything to anyone here.

If there is a concern that someone is doing something illegal, then PM them and/or contact the Conservation Officers, leave accusatory crap off the threads.

sheephunterab
06-25-2011, 06:09 PM
If lots of people refer to a hunter host as an outfitter I guess I am out of the loop and don't know many people because I have never heard of that before and neither have the people I hunt with.
Not sure what you think was not long ago but it has been at least 10 years since the class C has been gone now and I myelf thinks that is quite a while.
I am not sure who's side your on here TJ but what was said deserves an explanation does it not? If nothing is wrong then no big deal in asking questioons is there? He said he has been gone for the last week. HaHA if you look under profile info it shows you when the guy is logged on. I noticed he logged on a couple times in the last week! It raises flags to me ad hope that he just missed what was going on when logged on.
A lot of you guys complain about outfitters screwing the resident hunter and then when there is a "possibility" of abuse you want to ignore it. Shame on You! If your not going to ask questions you are as much of the problem.
David, I am not sure what you need to look into. What are the facts? If your doing something wrong and did not know then it is not your fault then it is not a big deal and you can deal with that. It is the outfitter I am concered about right now not you. You hiding the facts is not doing anything but helping someone that is screwing the system if in so anything is going on that is wrong.
If your not guilty of anything then you have no worries.

LOL...I wasn't aware they were handing out cop badges at the fire hall these days Phil. Badge or not, you don't "deserve" an explaination......if there is some wrong doing it should be reported to the real authorities....I guess I just like to think the best of people and figure there is usually some innocent explaination....seems my thoughts were right ;)

forest walker
06-25-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm happy to hear nothing is going on that shouldn't David. Sorry if I care so much to the rest of you that don't seem to care enough to ask the questions.
Whether I deserve an explanation or not we all need to be responsible enough to care about what is going on if we think something is not right. To me it did not sound right and a simple explanation could easily clear things up so as to not waste some offices time. Seems simple enough to me.

bearhunter338-06
06-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I got my Alberta mule deer and moose draw in............I got my eye on a big 60" moose and a 180 class buck. All this right on my buddies property.

Walking Buffalo
06-25-2011, 09:25 PM
This thread brought a happy tear to my eye..... the good ol' days..:mrgreen:

BC friends and family, your draws are in. Now to wait until July 14 and Aug 11 for the results.

hntcrazy
06-29-2011, 08:54 PM
HMM still no answer from Dave Heitsman wonder what this means.....

Rackmastr
07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
HMM still no answer from Dave Heitsman wonder what this means.....

It means you cant read....pretty plain and simple to me.

hntcrazy
07-04-2011, 06:21 AM
I see now . i was missing a page on my puter ,weird ....oh well .
still very interesting .

IronNoggin
07-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Got the last minute call from the outfitter I work with: T'other main guide is standing at the F & W counter, awaiting your call! Needs your WIN Number NOW! (how the hell did you lose THAT??)

Call made: Yes, Muleys in our zone, and shotgun pattern any and all draws you are interested in. I WILL be there should we draw! Oh, and send the bill to our Boss! LOL! :twisted: Done! Applied for everything we could collectively think of! :mrgreen:

Now... The Wait...

Back-up plans already in hand! Going to be a FUN Season!! :-D

Cheers,
Nog

srupp
07-13-2011, 04:30 AM
hmmm heading over for late moose....put 999 on my moose for this year to help Leaseman get his done...so next year I have a antelope draw AND a moose draw plus open whitetail season...

steven

Springer
07-13-2011, 06:38 PM
We find out tomorrow Who got drawn for what . Got my fingers crossed for one of 30 or so tags given out. Hoping for Spring Turkey for the group.

srupp
07-13-2011, 08:00 PM
oh goody its CHRISTMAS TIME IN ALBERTA..

steven

Springer
07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
oh goody its CHRISTMAS TIME IN ALBERTA..

steven

Christmas time for Aaron !!! Bull Moose in 234. The rest of us got 0 !! No Mulie tags this year Steve. Your going to have to settle for a Whitetail tag........

srupp
07-14-2011, 02:46 PM
and THATS A LOSE??lol...yummie

steven

Springer
07-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Uh oh Update from Randy's Camp !!!!
Randy , Bull Elk & Bull Moose.
Dallas Bull Elk & Non Trophy Sheep
Dallas's Wife Crystal ..Antlerless Elk
Aarons Bull Moose ..

You ,Me and Blaze = 3 Deer tags.

Something tells me you better bring your butchering supplies. I am doing some updates to the Meat pole in Beckers Garage..."More Hooks" !!

srupp
07-14-2011, 05:04 PM
lol ya knifes..sharpeners and STEEL GLOVES...and out of province medical..lol

will call soon...

steven

ryan hutt
07-14-2011, 05:11 PM
I just got my alberta draw results back and one of my draw results said not drawn,the other said initial does any body knows what that means.I was just wondering if that meant i got my draw

Walking Buffalo
07-14-2011, 06:01 PM
I just got my alberta draw results back and one of my draw results said not drawn,the other said initial does any body knows what that means.I was just wondering if that meant i got my draw

"intial" is used before the draw has taken place. Antelope and Mountain Goat draw results are available August 11.

Wild Images
07-14-2011, 06:07 PM
did the 999 thing this year and bringin the boys this way for goats

TyTy
07-14-2011, 06:24 PM
I hope to start putting in for the alberta draws next year. I have a good buddy over there, and I hope we can start coordinating some hunts on both sides of the rockies... SOON! unfortunately, work keeps taking precedence for the both of us.

Good luck to all who won a draw. and please post some stories and pics for the rest of us.

cheers,

IronNoggin
07-16-2011, 06:05 PM
A Swing and a MISS :cry:

Damn Good thing my Outfitter keeps a couple of tags aside for me!! :twisted:

Alberta Bound this fall for Sure! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

Shade Tree
07-16-2011, 08:10 PM
It has taken three years to get mule deer in a great trophy area. I will be heading over middle of November. 180 or bust :)