PDA

View Full Version : LEH draw

Anfoman76
06-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi guys, does anyone actually know when the draw is being done? I'm a little anxious, I'm sure so are a whole lot of others.

Ozone
06-11-2011, 05:50 PM
From the website:

Thank you for your applications the deadline has now passed.
The 2011 draw has not yet been run. The LEH crew is working very hard to process the applications and complete the draw.

Anfoman76
06-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks I couldn't find any info on their site. Guess I didn't look in the right spot ;). I thought I read in the synopsis that last years draw was on the 10th so I has hoping.....

Ozone
06-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Look for the red lettering here:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Synopsis

Anfoman76
06-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Wow how'd I miss that. :roll:

jeff
06-11-2011, 06:41 PM
i talked to the leh guy friday he said around mid week

Anfoman76
06-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Good to know! Thanks Jeff! Guess I'll find out when I get off work!!

Moose Guide
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Wow how'd I miss that. :roll:

you didn't miss it, when I typed in the adress from the leh paper yesterday that info wasn't there!

06-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Hang on, I have to,,,,,
Are the results out yet?

Anfoman76
06-11-2011, 07:35 PM
you didn't miss it, when I typed in the adress from the leh paper yesterday that info wasn't there!
Thanks that makes me feel a little less like a dumb...

jeff
06-11-2011, 08:27 PM
its like were all kids on christmas eve

NaStY
06-11-2011, 10:52 PM
It is Christmas eve, only we dont really know what day Christmas is yet.... Which makes that much more exciting.

jeff
06-11-2011, 10:54 PM
thats so true

Darksith
06-11-2011, 11:01 PM
is this the 5th post started about the LEH now? Ive lost count

Is it out yet now?

jeff
06-11-2011, 11:02 PM
no mid week

CanuckShooter
06-12-2011, 05:26 AM
its like were all kids on christmas eve

HAVE you ever woken up christmas morning and you got nothing?? That is what the LEH is like....LOL

VanIslandGuy
06-12-2011, 07:07 AM
This is my second favorite part of the year.......first being opening day! Good Luck everyone with thier LEH's this week!

tonywtc
06-12-2011, 08:03 AM
HAVE you ever woken up christmas morning and you got nothing?? That is what the LEH is like....LOL

I hope its not like that for me... lol

bearhunter338-06
06-12-2011, 10:43 AM
I walked up to the mail box today and my LEH reply was in the mail, 5 out of 5 success...................Then I woke up.............:-)

FirePower
06-12-2011, 10:57 AM
It is Christmas eve, only we dont really know what day Christmas is yet.... Which makes that much more exciting.

And Father Christmas is a cruel sadistic SOB LOL

Gunner
06-12-2011, 12:35 PM
And Father Christmas is a cruel sadistic SOB LOL
Yup,most of us will get a lump of coal!:mrgreen:

Jelvis
06-12-2011, 01:01 PM
N I L Soup for some lol, mighty thin soup too. Not too tasty either lol.
Jp Good luck to all of you out there in cyber space .. On your LEH Draws

Salty
06-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I just heard that the 2011-2012 LEH draw will be postponed until the 2012-2013 season due to an overwealming return this spring. It will take quite a while to get through them so this year's LEH will come out some time before April of next year. You won't be able to use them obviously but it will put you on a special higher percentage draw for the season to follow.

NaStY
06-12-2011, 07:13 PM
I just heard that the 2011-2012 LEH draw will be postponed until the 2012-2013 season due to an overwealming return this spring. It will take quite a while to get through them so this year's LEH will come out some time before April of next year. You won't be able to use them obviously but it will put you on a special higher percentage draw for the season to follow.

Your a funny guy :roll:

Salty
06-12-2011, 07:24 PM
What, you saw through that one? :-D

Good luck to all on their LEH and a little more to me .lol

4 point
06-13-2011, 09:52 AM
LEH is not unlike many other lottery draws of all kinds, pay your money take your chance. None of them I have won to date.....but wait maybe that could change....couldn't it?

Elkaholic
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
So from this massively confusing thread are the draws out yet? Or is it mid week still?

NaStY
06-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Phone them and find out...... Who knows maybe you will be the first....

Neckshot
06-13-2011, 11:31 AM
i talked to the leh guy friday he said around mid week

Which means sometime in August....maybe.

The Hermit
06-13-2011, 11:43 AM
I was at a meeting yesterday with Jody Simkus the ADM responsible for the LEH draw... some of the stats she tossed out were that: there are over a million pieces of paper to handle, every envelope is checked and double checked to ensure nothing is missed, they had a room full of Express Post envelops stacked in great huge piles of last minute entries, and they are working as fast as possible to get the draw completed and results posted.

So I'd suggest we all quite phoning and taking their attention from the task at hand... it will be done when its done!

landphil
06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
So I'd suggest we all quite phoning and taking their attention from the task at hand... it will be done when its done!

X 1,000,000,000!

I heard that if you phone in they will have to go throught the stack again just to remove all your entries from the draw.

MichelD
06-13-2011, 11:46 AM
You said it Hermit.

It's gonna happen when it happens, same as every year, so fretting about it ain't gonna help.

jml11
06-13-2011, 12:11 PM
I was at a meeting yesterday with Jody Simkus the ADM responsible for the LEH draw... some of the stats she tossed out were that: there are over a million pieces of paper to handle, every envelope is checked and double checked to ensure nothing is missed, they had a room full of Express Post envelops stacked in great huge piles of last minute entries, and they are working as fast as possible to get the draw completed and results posted.

You also shouldn't complain if one of your enteries is in one those last minute enteries...I imagine if people stopped waiting until the last minute to send them in (really there is no reason to wait that long...) then they would have most of the work done before the deadline is even over and the draw could be done much sooner!

jeff
06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
very good point get your cards in early like the day after they start accepting them like me and my family do and they wont be swamped with last minute deleveries when u have a month and a half just getterdone

NaStY
06-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Most sport shops wait till the last second before couriering the entry's in.......

jeff
06-13-2011, 12:43 PM
why would they do that

beni
06-13-2011, 12:49 PM
why would they do that

Because they send theirs in early so the rest might not make it into the draw! Haha :D

NaStY
06-13-2011, 01:02 PM
why would they do that

Its a service they supply for customers. They don't charge them for the delivery and tell them they will be received before the dead line.

I sent mine in long time ago.......

jeff
06-13-2011, 01:55 PM
well leh guy phoned me back and not the best news maybe by friday

lovemywinchester
06-13-2011, 02:43 PM
You also shouldn't complain if one of your enteries is in one those last minute enteries...I imagine if people stopped waiting until the last minute to send them in (really there is no reason to wait that long...) then they would have most of the work done before the deadline is even over and the draw could be done much sooner!

I agree, you shouldn't wait till a week before the deadline. But as I just experienced, trying to get four of your buddies around a table to discuss what you want to go for is harder than it sounds. I was bugging guys for month and when we did get together we didn't even go for the group moose we were getting together for in the first place. We are all first time applicants so hoping for the best. I dreamed about a goat hunt last night.

jml11
06-13-2011, 03:01 PM
I agree, you shouldn't wait till a week before the deadline. But as I just experienced, trying to get four of your buddies around a table to discuss what you want to go for is harder than it sounds. I was bugging guys for month and when we did get together we didn't even go for the group moose we were getting together for in the first place. We are all first time applicants so hoping for the best. I dreamed about a goat hunt last night.

I hear you...humans are procrastinators by nature and it takes a hard deadline to finally get things done some times. I put mine in fairly late this year, probably the latest ever (~two weeks before the deadline) because I kept putting off buying the cards...I knew where I was applying long before the synopsis came out though. Seems funny to me as many people are chomping at the bit for the synopsis to come out (plenty of threads on that each year too...) and then they still wait for the last minute to apply...lol. Oddly enough, this is probably the first year than I am not anxiously awaiting the results for whatever reason, checking the MoE site 20 times a day to see if they are up. Must be growing some patience and understanding finally, lol.

Going online next year will definitely get them in earlier and probably allows them to get sorted faster on the other end.

digginsweatinswearin
06-13-2011, 03:15 PM
A hard deadline is exactly what they are missing, there is no info on their site, if they would just post that the draw will take place on say, June 30th then we could all just relax.

Jelvis
06-13-2011, 03:20 PM
N.I.L. sorry you got silch, nadda, zeero, done, knotinck, ok.
Jel .. N.I.L. .................................................. ................How you like ah dat?

digginsweatinswearin
06-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Then it would be a rerun of last year :(

lovemywinchester
06-13-2011, 03:55 PM
WTF...guys are saying they have results now, is this for real? Am I ******ed for asking this?

06-13-2011, 04:13 PM
The first guys are phoning in i guess. Every year the results are availible by phone first., There is a bit of a lag between the draw and online results.
I dont phone in so i cant tell you for sure but judging by all the new threads im sure they are out

Slinky Pickle
06-13-2011, 04:20 PM
The first guys are phoning in i guess. Every year the results are availible by phone first., There is a bit of a lag between the draw and online results.
I dont phone in so i cant tell you for sure but judging by all the new threads im sure they are out

Does a lag mean minutes, hours or days?

Brett
06-13-2011, 05:17 PM
personally I think phoning in is rude, unless you need to for some reason. we are all waiting and all your doing by calling is tying
someone up

pitbell
06-13-2011, 05:36 PM
personally I think phoning in is rude, unless you need to for some reason. we are all waiting and all your doing by calling is tying
someone up

Nope. I say everyone should call and harrass the living crap out of them. That might be what it takes for them to change how things work. The fact that we are the last place on earth that still has to write the cards out and then snail mail them into Victoria is absolute BS. What century is this?

GoatGuy
06-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Nope. I say everyone should call and harrass the living crap out of them. That might be what it takes for them to change how things work. The fact that we are the last place on earth that still has to write the cards out and then snail mail them into Victoria is absolute BS. What century is this?

Bonking the bureaucrat on the head will not make the politicians give you more money.

If you want to complain to somebody send a note to your MLA, the Minister of NRO and the Premier.

peashooter
06-13-2011, 05:54 PM
i got a whitetail doe draw in 3-12

Gateholio
06-13-2011, 05:59 PM

I guess you didn't read the part int he synopsis about the upcoming changes?

Calling them won't make things go faster.

Fisher-Dude
06-13-2011, 06:01 PM

As if being a dick to people working with the tools their employer gives them is a constructive idea. Some people's kids. :?

NaStY
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
That and THERE NOT OUT YET......

longrifle
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
I guess you didn't read the part int he synopsis about the upcoming changes?

Calling them won't make things go faster.

Even after the changes people will still whine, it wasn't too long ago that we didn't find out the results until the first week of July...

'rifle

landphil
06-13-2011, 06:52 PM

Bullsugar!

NaStY
06-13-2011, 06:58 PM

Wow really? You'll be the only one in bc to get one then.....

Caveman
06-13-2011, 07:02 PM

I was sure that there were no whitetail draws. Your odds must have been really good!:wink:

partner
06-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Rotfllmyassoff!

GreatWhitePopogeebo
06-13-2011, 09:55 PM
To hell with this I'm calling first thing in the morning I'll let u guys know 10 am. I have to book vacation time this is nuts

Gateholio
06-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Last word is results won't be available until Friday.

dutchie
06-13-2011, 10:58 PM
If i can make a suggestion...

put them out of your mind, do not read the "LEH are out Threads" untill the 3rd weel of june and you will be plesently suprised when you get your draws.

This is preperation for your LEH hunt.,... have patience...

dutchie

Gateholio
06-13-2011, 11:06 PM
If i can make a suggestion...

put them out of your mind, do not read the "LEH are out Threads" untill the 3rd weel of june and you will be plesently suprised when you get your draws.

This is preperation for your LEH hunt.,... have patience...

dutchie

No shit.

Lots of supposed adults on here sound like spoiled 6 year old children on Christmas eve.....

todbartell
06-13-2011, 11:08 PM
just a bunch of middle aged grown men who have learned to be annoying bitches on a computer

lip_ripper00
06-13-2011, 11:11 PM
I find it amusing, in a weeks time their is going to be all the b**ching and moaning after the fact.:mrgreen::twisted:

KB90
06-13-2011, 11:12 PM
^^^ Do moderators get swearing infractions??? :D :D :D I got one today and I used a st*r hahaha Who's running this place!?!

lip_ripper00
06-13-2011, 11:12 PM
just a bunch of middle aged grown men who have learned to be annoying bitches on a computer

Hey I resemble the remark!!

Gateholio
06-13-2011, 11:17 PM
^^^ Do moderators get swearing infractions??? :D :D :D I got one today and I used a st*r hahaha Who's running this place!?!

You used the F word.

Singleshotneeded
06-13-2011, 11:20 PM
KB90, just be glad this isn't CGN, you get nailed for saying "darn" over there! :-)

KB90
06-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Hahaha believe me I'm not worried, just having fun. My bad, no more F* words!

R_U_N_V_S
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
in manitoba the draw is done the 6 months before hunt if not a year before.
as for computerizing the draw there will be glitchs every where, and then hacked, then all info is lost, and so on, and so on, and so on,

Old Crow
06-14-2011, 03:37 PM
I just cant wait for all the halfwits to start posting after the draw has been run.."I got drawn for such and such a managment unit.Where do I go"..

Brett
06-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Albertas seems to run pretty smooth online, you can buy you license and tags online as well I believe. Something else I'd like to see ( since were talking about it) is a outdoors card like in Ontario , you have the option of a fishing license, hunting license , or both ( outdoors card) at a reduced rate to buying separate and is valid for 3 years I think

Skull Hunter
06-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Albertas seems to run pretty smooth online, you can buy you license and tags online as well I believe. Something else I'd like to see ( since were talking about it) is a outdoors card like in Ontario , you have the option of a fishing license, hunting license , or both ( outdoors card) at a reduced rate to buying separate and is valid for 3 years I think

The card itself is valid for 3 years but you must renew your licenses every year. They simply put a sticker on the back of the card, at least that's the way it is for fishing, I didn't hunt while I lived there, but I think you also needed tags as well. I liked the outdoors card a lot more than the crappy piece of paper (fishing license) you get out here. The card was easier to carry around and take care of IMO.

thunderheart
06-14-2011, 05:06 PM

geeze you and daddy sound the same ...lmao ..

gitnadoix
06-14-2011, 05:40 PM
The card itself is valid for 3 years but you must renew your licenses every year. They simply put a sticker on the back of the card, at least that's the way it is for fishing, I didn't hunt while I lived there, but I think you also needed tags as well. I liked the outdoors card a lot more than the crappy piece of paper (fishing license) you get out here. The card was easier to carry around and take care of IMO.

You would still need paper for recording chinooks or any other species that needs recording, as well as tags that need to be cut.......so now you want a plastic card as well as a couple of paper tags......hmmm I would rather have a little tiny book that has it all in it for hunting, and licence....here is a real simple ans easy solution, just buy a box of water proof paper one box will last the rest of your life and print your fishing licence out on it....then it will last even in the was an rain.....

lorneparker1
06-14-2011, 06:12 PM

Thats incorrect, You can by your fishing and hunting license for 3 years in Ont. every year you have to buy tags.Thats all. and its about 140 bucks for you hunting and fishing licenses for 3 years. WAY beter system and way cheaper. How ever i'll take the BC system to be able to hunt here. lol

CanuckShooter
06-15-2011, 05:47 AM

Going a little farther, how about adding in the drivers license, boating card, PAL card, Hunter number card, BC medical Card...fishing and hunting license into ONE card!!!!

Movingdirt
06-15-2011, 06:06 AM

Much bigger audience than what is offered in the small town A&W's

russm
06-15-2011, 07:31 AM
I think its funny that everyone complaining about threads like this still take the time to read and complain about it,if you don't like it don't spend your precious internet time reading it,sounds pretty simple to me.

bighornbob
06-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Going a little farther, how about adding in the drivers license, boating card, PAL card, Hunter number card, BC medical Card...fishing and hunting license into ONE card!!!!

If that was all on one card, then what would you carry in your purse????

BHB

Piperdown
06-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Tooo funny BHB :)

Spy
06-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Just phoned fish/wildlife (250 387 9771) & was told the results will be available in TWO week'sish thats not even close to Fiday as was reported earlier on in the thread!:confused:I was told it is taking longer because it is done manually!:confused:Does anyone remember what date they were available last year?

Mikey Rafiki
06-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Just phoned fish/wildlife (250 387 9771) & was told the results will be available in TWO week'sish thats not even close to Fiday as was reported earlier on in the thread!:confused:I was told it is taking longer because it is done manually!:confused:Does anyone remember what date they were available last year?

Maybe they are saying that so nobody bugs them for another two weeks and they can get the work done in the meantime. :)

Spy
06-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe they are saying that so nobody bugs them for another two weeks and they can get the work done in the meantime. :)
Maybe! I hope so! I don't see how lying about the draw results will help thou!A simple news flash on their web site would go along way!

Elkaholic
06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Or get into the 21st Century and get it electronic for f*ck sakes. How long do they have to use this old ******ed method. Didn't realize re tard was a no no word..... LOL

Mikey Rafiki
06-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Or get into the 21st Century and get it electronic for f*ck sakes. How long do they have to use this old ******ed method. Didn't realize re tard was a no no word..... LOL

What if I had to ask someone how to fix my engine ******er brakes. I would be hooped.

Yes, electronic all the way. You get instant acknowledgement that your entry is recieved, and they don't have to sort these things for weeks and weeks.

Piperdown
06-15-2011, 10:21 AM
If it is 2 weeks away that is total BS, would be the same time frame as before when you had to have them in by june 13th :(

huntcoop
06-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Typical governement, what do you expect. Bet they're closing early today because of the game.

srupp
06-15-2011, 10:28 AM
yuppers 2 weeks....

sheeeesh

Srr

russm
06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Lol wow there is quite the bunching of panties going on around here!

finngun
06-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Typical governement, what do you expect. Bet they're closing early today because of the game. game?? what game...ymmm

bigshooter
06-15-2011, 12:00 PM
I was thinking that today would be the day for LEH but I guess not, friday maybe.

ROY-alty33
06-15-2011, 01:26 PM
yuppers 2 weeks....

sheeeesh

Srr

I got my trips planned either way, but I want my cake and eat it too. Without the LEHs its just cake with no icing.

srupp
06-15-2011, 01:31 PM
hmmm waiting on this draw to submit for Alberta..I have enough there for moose also...but dont want 2 moose hunts in 1 year..

if that makes sense??

Steven

jeff
06-15-2011, 02:10 PM
draws will be out friday 100 percent

mikeboehm
06-15-2011, 02:14 PM
How do u know

jeff
06-15-2011, 02:22 PM
cuz i phoned

abbyfireguy
06-15-2011, 02:28 PM
And you believe everything you here?? Maybe one of the Fridays this month..

MuleyMadness
06-15-2011, 02:29 PM
yuppers 2 weeks....

sheeeesh

Srr

That would be downright awful....they were out June 10th last year, for those that are wondering. The end if June, if true, is nothing short of pathetic. However I do wonder, why the huge difference in times the apparently same people (or workgroup) are providing...I bet they are just yanking your chains cause you all keep calling and bugging them.

The Hermit
06-15-2011, 02:33 PM
To be clear... the data is entered manually into the computer but the actual draw is done by the computer. As I understand it they have 3 - 4 people working full time on this.

We will get there on the electronic licensing and LEH draw eventually. They simply don't have the money for the upfront costs to build the system. It is a multi-million dollar project that doesn't really have a realistic business case. I know because I managed the bid team for two different companies competing on the application build on THREE different outings in the past five years... each time it cost my companies over $100,000 just to do the due diligence and create the bids! We even tried to go with a PPP on it but the MOE just couldn't find even half the upfront costs! Go ahead ask me if I'm unhappy with the status quo! ;-) Fishing licenses went ahead due to the business case, it is a huge success but look at all the bitching that they got over that one!!

06-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Fishing licenses went ahead due to the business case, it is a huge success but look at all the bitching that they got over that one!!

ya because we have to pack a fricken piece of full scap paper with us now!!! and woe to you if you loose your angler number!!!!! :)

jeff
06-15-2011, 02:45 PM
yes i beleive

kyleklassen
06-15-2011, 03:16 PM
those freshwater licenses and angler number suck.

gogogadget
06-15-2011, 04:04 PM
A draw won't be any good without mail!!

Tenacious Billy
06-15-2011, 04:16 PM
A draw won't be any good without mail!!

You can get a duplicate printed off at your local access centre.....so the postal strike is really a non-factor.

Brett
06-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Why can't the same system used for fishing licenses be used for hunting stuff, It's in place and works as you said, why nt write some code slap in a link and BAM, just like that :)

dutchie
06-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Why can't the same system used for fishing licenses be used for hunting stuff, It's in place and works as you said, why nt write some code slap in a link and BAM, just like that :)

Becasue Anyone can print off 500 hunting licences and there would be nothing to stop you from doing it.

that is alot of unknown poaching going on... but they have paperwork to maqke it look legitimate.

It would never work IMHO.

Dutchie

GoatGuy
06-16-2011, 04:35 AM
And if all else fails apply common sense.

Becasue Anyone can print off 500 hunting licences and there would be nothing to stop you from doing it.

that is alot of unknown poaching going on... but they have paperwork to maqke it look legitimate.

Dutchie

CanuckShooter
06-16-2011, 04:45 AM

Dutchie

I wonder how many people already print off their own LEH Authorizations and fishing licenses already?? Computer geeks these days would find it pretty easy to do.?

Fisher-Dude
06-16-2011, 05:48 AM
I wonder how many people already print off their own LEH Authorizations and fishing licenses already?? Computer geeks these days would find it pretty easy to do.?

And when the CO records that number and then runs the cross-reference with your hunter number back at the office (in his truck in fall 2011), what then?

CanuckShooter
06-16-2011, 06:03 AM
And when the CO records that number and then runs the cross-reference with your hunter number back at the office (in his truck in fall 2011), what then?

I don't know? Why would he run the numbers if things looked legit? Probably lots of cheaters printing off their own leh authorizations, dirtbags!!

Fisher-Dude
06-16-2011, 06:09 AM
I don't know? Why would he run the numbers if things looked legit? Probably lots of cheaters printing off their own leh authorizations, dirtbags!!

They record and run your numbers every time they check you, same as the cops run your plate and driver's license when they stop you. In fact, I've helped them on many ride-alongs do the record keeping. And if they find a poached animal, they know who was in the area too.

They know there are guys like you who come up with what they think are foolproof ways to steal fish & game from BC residents. The have the tools to deal with you.

06-16-2011, 07:51 AM
I could see people forging a fishing liscense, because the CO walking down the river doesnt have a computer. But LEH? that would be a bit redundant. I dont think a poacher is going to try to look legit, hes just going to try to be greasy.

knockturnal
06-16-2011, 08:31 AM
That would be downright awful....they were out June 10th last year, for those that are wondering. The end if June, if true, is nothing short of pathetic. However I do wonder, why the huge difference in times the apparently same people (or workgroup) are providing...I bet they are just yanking your chains cause you all keep calling and bugging them.

How is that pathetic? For years we got them the first week of July and people still harvested animals no problem. I think since the advent of forums like this, everyone jumps on the bandwagon for wanting earlier results cause they are to impatient to wait. Bitch and complain all you want. It won't change when we get the draws.

NaStY
06-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Getting results 2 weeks early last year didnt mean a thing to most. They should be run in march so people have a better chance to prepare for the fall. Not everyone can just drop everything and go.

shadow1982
06-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Are they out yet? lol

GoatGuy
06-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Won't be done til fri or sat now.

Singleshotneeded
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Easy guys, I'm sure most people on here are just having fun pretending to complain about waiting for the draw.
Lol, it'll be out soon! If there's a lot of people that are having trouble getting holiday time to coincide with their
draws, because they're coming out too late for them, maybe you should email the ministry and the BCWF and ask
for the draw to be held earlier. If enough people ask, then there's a good chance it'll happen.

Moose72
06-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Just like a bunch of kids waiting for christmas, it'll come eventually.

Piperdown
06-16-2011, 11:06 AM
i want my nils i want my nils

fearnodeer
06-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Getting results 2 weeks early last year didnt mean a thing to most. They should be run in march so people have a better chance to prepare for the fall. Not everyone can just drop everything and go.

Got to agree, the more notice i get the better odds of making the hunt.

Pablothemagnificent
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Last night I went to bed bummed out by the Canucks loss last night and the ensuing mayhem in downtown Vancouver.
However, as I laid my head down on my pillow around 11, I had three thoughts.
First, I thanked the Lord for the good woman sleeping beside me.
Secondly, I thought of my three great kids.
Thirdly, I thought "Hey, I still get to go hunting!"
... and I slept soundly.

carnivore
06-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Maybe they should run the LEH draws a year ahead of time so this year we would already have the 2011 results and would waiting for the 2012 ones.:mrgreen:

06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
interesting first post

GoatGuy
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
How is that pathetic? For years we got them the first week of July and people still harvested animals no problem. I think since the advent of forums like this, everyone jumps on the bandwagon for wanting earlier results cause they are to impatient to wait. Bitch and complain all you want. It won't change when we get the draws.

Depends on where you work and when you book holidays. The draws have already been moved back, and we have the Feb skeena sheep draws which is a nice touch. Within reason, earlier is always better.

knockturnal
06-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Maybe they should run the LEH draws a year ahead of time so this year we would already have the 2011 results and would waiting for the 2012 ones.:mrgreen:

Then everyone would be on here complaining that they aren't fast enough for the 2012 draws.

MuleyMadness
06-16-2011, 02:16 PM

It would be pathetic, because, why is it acceptable to take two extra weeks to do the same (essentially) job you did last year? I wasn't bitching and complaining, I was simply saying two extra weeks (if true) isn't good enough, because it isn't. If you have the ability to comprehend a simple sentence, you will also notice I mentioned people calling the office constantly is bound to slow things down. In the real world (read that as the world outside of government service) results matter, the advent of forums doesn't affect that one way or the other. They aren't doing justice to their customers by a: not providing us with reasonable, up to date info and timelines and b: not setting up a much more efficient and effective system, which doesn't rely so much on 1980s (and older) technology.

Honest critiques of performance isn't bitching and moaning...it's just the truth.

swampthing
06-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Last night I went to bed bummed out by the Canucks loss last night and the ensuing mayhem in downtown Vancouver.
However, as I laid my head down on my pillow around 11, I had three thoughts.
First, I thanked the Lord for the good woman sleeping beside me.
Secondly, I thought of my three great kids.
Thirdly, I thought "Hey, I still get to go hunting!"
... and I slept soundly.

You, my man have a good attitude.

jeff
06-16-2011, 04:40 PM
nobody seems to get it phoning them doesnt slow them down they got two guys that just answer phones and dont do any processing so just shut the hell up about that im sick of it

Gateholio
06-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I hope that they take another 3 weeks. :)

carnivore
06-16-2011, 04:48 PM
nobody seems to get it phoning them doesnt slow them down they got two guys that just answer phones and dont do any processing so just shut the hell up about that im sick of it

Hey! No LEH for you!! :twisted:

Fisher-Dude
06-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Wrong.

Carry on.

Slinky Pickle
06-16-2011, 04:49 PM

What a wonerful use of our tax dollars :???: :???:

jeff
06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
no your wrong

jeff
06-16-2011, 04:56 PM
ive been doing leh since they started and phoned every year several times and u think i never asked if calling slows u down they explained to me it absolutly DOESNT

Hank Hunter
06-16-2011, 04:56 PM
So they have two people answering the phone for all the 6 year olds who can't wait for Christmas :lol:

Fisher-Dude
06-16-2011, 05:03 PM
They do not. The staff all work on processing the draw. Anyone calling slows the process down. Period.

carnivore
06-16-2011, 05:04 PM
So they have two people answering the phone for all the 6 year olds who can't wait for Christmas :lol:

Yeh, I guess instead of kids on a trip asking "are we there yet"? they have bigger kids asking every day " has the drawn been done yet"? :twisted:

ryanhuntslots
06-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Not so much a matter of calling slowing things down,, but does it actually speed anything up,,, whats the point in call them?

NaStY
06-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Ive never felt the need to call them. I just wait till all the real LEH threads start. Then I know there out. This week or next, who cares. There out when there out...............

longrifle
06-16-2011, 06:48 PM

Hey jeff,

Stop frickin' calling them already, I want to know what the draw results are, you're slowing them down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'rifle

mikeboehm
06-16-2011, 06:55 PM
the draw is not done yet. it will be tommorrow or monday

NaStY
06-16-2011, 07:02 PM
And with that, lets wait till there out.......