PDA

View Full Version : Canim Lake area hunting

FullDraw
08-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Has any one hunted the Canim lake area (100 Mile House) in early Sept.
I'm heading up on the 8th and looking to hunt this area in the rifle season.

Any info would be great!

FullDraw

~T-BONE~
08-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Myslef as well I would like to figure out the backroads from there to clearwater. Last time up ran out of time for exploring work was calling . I did see alot of muleys and moosies!

FullDraw
08-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I'd like to figure that out as well. Been looking for maps of the area but no luck yet.

FullDraw

Jelvis
08-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Reg. 5 Mu. 5-1 Canim Lake-Bridge Lake; Access from Hwy 97 from 70 Mile via the Green Lake Rd; HWY 24 thru Lonebutte; the Eightythree rd and; from 100 Mile House, the Canim Lake system of roads. Good Mule Deer in the S.E. section of 5:1 fair moose and deer thru out the rest. Area Reg 3 starts at about Roe Lake on HWY 24 so two regions side by side. Hwy 24 is called the fishing hwy. Moose Deer and so on etc etc. good scoutin. Jel

FullDraw
08-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks Jelvis I'll be staying at Canim lake so looking for area's close to Canim. I have only traveled the North side of the lake so looking for info on good area's to hunt.

FullDraw

bsa30-06
08-18-2006, 05:58 PM
I use to fish up at howard lake in august every year, seen plenty of bears and deer in that area.My dad had holidays every year for the month of august when we were kids spent lots of time up there.Once you get up to the campsites at howard the road continues on down past the end of the lake i almost got knocked over by a cub while walking that road he came running out of the bushes and across the road so fast i barely was able to stop in my tracks as he ran in front of me.Thinkin back now man was that close we didn't stick around to see his mommy.