PDA

View Full Version : Wall Tent extension

Ruger4
06-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Looking to add a canvass 10ft porch and pole set to a couple 10x12x5's...............

Any referrals with work actually done ?

Thanx

LYKTOHUNT
06-10-2011, 07:36 AM
I don,t have a referral but I do have some experience with the additions on wall tents and what we have found is it is easier to just set up another small wall tent right next to our bigger tent, assuming you are doing this for a cook shack. The reason we do this now is it seems every November we get hurricane like winds and the open design of the additions were very difficult to keep on the ground and when attached to the main wall tent threatend to make the main tent also go airborn

bcsteve
06-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Extend the tarp covering your tent as a porch.

fuzzy
06-10-2011, 08:22 PM
The guy i bought my tent off of would just cut a couple of holes in the front of the tent in order to be able to extend the internal frame and then use a larger tarp, voila extended porch for your wall tent. I also run rope through my tarp grommets and then use heavy duty bungee cords hooked onto spikes to keep everything from flying away. seems to be doing the trick for now.

fuzzy

Marc
06-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Looking to add a canvass 10ft porch and pole set to a couple 10x12x5's...............

Any referrals with work actually done ?

Thanx

I'm sure Perry from deluxe wall tents could fix you up as he makes porches for most of the tents he builds if not all of them. .

moose2
06-11-2011, 12:29 AM
we just ordered a 12 x14 from deluxe wall tents and then we had him add a 7' enclosed front porch to use for a kitchen. We went with 7 because thats the max span he likes to use, going ten feet will add an extra truss and wall supports. It looks great i am sure they could help you. He would have to add holes and valcro to your tents for this to work I think. His shop is in sidney on VI.
Mike

The Hermit
06-11-2011, 04:31 AM
VantagePoint does extensions all the time on new and retro fitted tents. We cut and stitch holes for angle extensions with your internal frame set and sew on velcro to the tent and porch. Velcro is added to the open end of the porch also so that the end of the porch roof and walls wrap tightly around the poles. Porches come with all the brass grommets and finishing that the tents have too so you can stake it down. We can even add sod cloth to the porch if requested. We make them in 5 & ten foot lengths. See www.vantagepoint-outfitters.com for pricing.