PDA

View Full Version : Bear attack in Tappen today

Buckmeister
06-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't have any specific details yet. Just know that someone was sent to hospital with injuries. Location of attack was the Tappen "area", don't know the exact location. Tappen is quite spread out and can include the area south of Sorrento to White Lake, and from Sunnybrae to Turtle Valley.

If I learn of more details I will post later.

Slinky Pickle
06-06-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/123239518.html

goatdancer
06-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Sounds like the guy was really lucky that his dog did it's thing with the bear. Good to hear that it wasn't anything too serious.

vortex hunter
06-06-2011, 01:40 PM
thats crazy wow ....

Marc
06-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Sounds like the guy was really lucky that his dog did it's thing with the bear. Good to hear that it wasn't anything too serious.

It's the dog that got him into trouble in the first place by chasing the cub up the tree. I can't blame the bear for protecting it's cub. The dog and human are lucky to still be alive.

goatdancer
06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
It's the dog that got him into trouble in the first place by chasing the cub up the tree. I can't blame the bear for protecting it's cub. The dog and human are lucky to still be alive.

You're right on the money. So it's a good thing that the dog distracted the bear long enough for things to work out. Hope the COs see it that way and don't shoot the bear.

finngun
06-06-2011, 09:36 PM
here mama bear makes fake attacs..pretty brave old man...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZSn1Jl7eKo

nolimits
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I am only glad nothing more serious happened. I got no beef with the momma bear as she was just protecting her cubs, but then again, why would have a problem whit a dog, being around his owner, walking on their property??

NaStY
06-06-2011, 10:20 PM
I am only glad nothing more serious happened. I got no beef with the momma bear as she was just protecting her cubs, but then again, why would have a problem whit a dog, being around his owner, walking on their property??

The dog tree'd her cub......

nolimits
06-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Exactly. On his owners property. Why would I blame the dog for that? I can only commend him to keep his wits around when the bear turned towards the owner.

finngun
06-06-2011, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=nolimits;926457]Exactly. On his owners property. what about if his own property is something like 200 eckers??still bears fault?

nolimits
06-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Nobody's fault. I don't blame the bear as I've stated earlier. And certainly I will never blame a dog for doing what his owner/master is expecting him to do, to protect the property from some unwelcomed critters.

Again, glad nothing more serious occurred. That's all.

The Dude
06-06-2011, 10:51 PM
here mama bear makes fake attacs..pretty brave old man...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZSn1Jl7eKo

Holy crap! I wonder if that guy makes clacking sounds when he walks? All that brass in his pants! :D

hunter1947
06-07-2011, 02:31 AM
My thoughts are is the sow did what a mother would do in order to defend her cub its just unfortunate that this ordeal happened no blame on ether for what happened..

Torch
06-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Just another day of country living... it is what it is... I think they call it "nature" at work.... no right or wrong, it's life when you live in the woods... could happen to me any day... I have a mother with cub living just past my property line north,south and east of me...chances are we'll bump into them on foot one day...oh well. When out walking my dogs are the least of my concern, thats their job...to protect the family and livetock...there animals, they don't do "right or wrong" and once they leave mommy its open season on the lot of them ;) maybe a couple of bear rug doggy beds!

houndsman
06-07-2011, 07:58 AM
You know there was a time when the CO would call a predator hunter in for something like this .Insted thay send a bunch of COs to stomr around & find nothing .I live across the hwy from where this happend & could have been there 5 minits .Every year I get calls from people that have horses ,livestok & dogs killed by cougars . The MOE wont send out a cougar hunter for eneything .I got a call from the adams LK band a few days ago , a lady was attacked by a cougar but her dog ran it off ,her husband found & shot the cat in a unfinished log cabin .it was a 60 or 70 lb kitten .there was a band member went missing the week befor . The CO could find no connection with the two .The man went missing about a 15 minit walk for the cat from where the lady was attacked . The band phoned the CO office but thay dident want me to go out to see if there were eney more cougers around . After some arm pulling the CO agreed .By then it was to late it had been 5 hrs & it was hot so my dogs couldent pick up a track .There had been a she with 2 kittens around there all winter I dont get it ,The game branch in the past had contract hunters all over BC .know thay do nothing

blacklab
06-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Now it takes a task force to set a bear trap??

boxhitch
06-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Interesting slant to the news article on the radio here. Something like.......

"And while the man received several lacerations to his face and chest.........the dog was not harmed."

Whew......I know I'll sleep better after hearing that detail

chinookkiller
06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
it's mother nature rules and nobody's fault.just a accident,i think not need CO to do so much things want finished that poor sow!

goatdancer
06-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Exactly. On his owners property. Why would I blame the dog for that? I can only commend him to keep his wits around when the bear turned towards the owner.

Bears can't read the "No Trespassing" signs.......

Steve W
06-07-2011, 08:44 PM
You know there was a time when the CO would call a predator hunter in for something like this .Insted thay send a bunch of COs to stomr around & find nothing .I live across the hwy from where this happend & could have been there 5 minits .Every year I get calls from people that have horses ,livestok & dogs killed by cougars . The MOE wont send out a cougar hunter for eneything .I got a call from the adams LK band a few days ago , a lady was attacked by a cougar but her dog ran it off ,her husband found & shot the cat in a unfinished log cabin .it was a 60 or 70 lb kitten .there was a band member went missing the week befor . The CO could find no connection with the two .The man went missing about a 15 minit walk for the cat from where the lady was attacked . The band phoned the CO office but thay dident want me to go out to see if there were eney more cougers around . After some arm pulling the CO agreed .By then it was to late it had been 5 hrs & it was hot so my dogs couldent pick up a track .There had been a she with 2 kittens around there all winter I dont get it ,The game branch in the past had contract hunters all over BC .know thay do nothing

Hmm... now thats a different version of the story .. Steve W