PDA

View Full Version : The season just changed -

BromBones
06-04-2011, 10:28 PM
From grizzly....

To sheep!:-D Less than 2 months away, and a bunch of us meatheads will be curled up on a high grassy bench, watching a band of rams in the distance. Unless there are none to be seen, then we'll most likely having a nap.

You know the saying, the first ram you kill is born the year you started hunting sheep, well, that pretty much holds true for me this year.

So I'm gonna call it right now - this is my year to bring home a ram. Injury free and in better shape than I've been in for years. After quite a few attempts already - passing on dink rams, shitty weather, injuries before the hunt, injuries during the hunt, and all around close but no cigar, this is the one.

Just had to say that. Also managed to con my dad into coming this year which is awesome. Figure I got some good karma happening for me as well - I bought him a new Leupold spotter & all the trimmings for a fathers day present, which I gave him before we went grizz hunting. Also, I passed an opportunity on a beauty grizz, to go get him so he could have a crack at it.

If you ask me, I've got some good luck all around coming my way, and been working my ass off. The stars are aligned.

See you in August :twisted:

boxhitch
06-04-2011, 10:49 PM
You're thinking the right direction
But don't take that Karma thing too far, or you'll be in church and giving away your loot.

greenhorn
06-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Hope you're right!! Good luck!!

hunter1947
06-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Yes your right the season has changed from work around the home etc to scouting out for Mr big..

Blainer
06-05-2011, 06:03 AM
and with that,I wish you luck.
you appear to be deserving of a cranker ram!

Big Lew
06-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Wish your quest bares fruit! By the sounds of it, you've earned and deserve it. Many think I'm eccentric, and a bit nuts, but I talk to Mother Nature and explain to her why She should allow me to harvest one of her prize possessions....how I'm sensitive to the environment, practice good re-cycling habits, never leaving even a gum wrapper behind, don't scar up her beautiful landscape, and always try to make a good, clean, ethical shot. And when She does allow me that success, I always, right on the spot, thank her very sincerely, regardless of who else might be present at the time. Try it, if She thinks you're sincere, She'll reward you.

Bow Walker
06-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Grizz to Sheep? Now's the time that the grizz get to hunt the hunters!

swampthing
06-05-2011, 09:19 AM
You bet Brombones. I just got back from my grizz hunt last night. Un successful but a good time. A week in the bush was much needed. During the long drive home I thought about sheep. My son and I will be going this year. He is 15 and ready. I, on the other hand need to up my training. I did one overnighter on the mountain on my grizz hunt and could barely carry enough gear for one night. Have fun.

Buck
06-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Yep sheep season is coming Sept 1st for me.Seam sealed my Siltarp III last night and i'm doing 3000' in just over 3k this morning .