PDA

View Full Version : Nanaimo 2day 3D shoot

BowSitter
06-04-2011, 09:20 AM
June 11-12th at the Nanaimo Fish and Game.
There is free camping and a pot luck dinner Sat night. We will be cooking the usual salmon on the BBQ and pan fried oysters!
The course is going to be not 1 but 2 x 20 target setups! Cubs are free.
See you then............Ron:-D

Awishanew
06-04-2011, 03:15 PM
I've heard there is one shot going to be on there that has never been done before???

Bow Walker
06-04-2011, 03:27 PM
I've heard there is one shot going to be on there that has never been done before???
Yeah.

It's the Moose, across the pond just before the bridge........

oldtimer
06-05-2011, 11:32 AM
To all you Island shooters. This is one shoot you don't wanna miss if for nothing else but the FOOD !!!! Barb and I went a few years ago and had a great time. Sorry guys but our big trip to a shoot this year is to Trail for the "Old Farts " games. Have a great shoot and enjoy!
Dan I thought we shot the Moose over water when we were there. ?
Ron save me some Oysters and bring them up to the Provincials :) :)
Mike

Bow Walker
06-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Mike - I was being very sarcastic - although not obvious enough, I guess. :confused:

Oysters?!? Anyone who'd eat oysters would......, well I can't go there

I don't like them, AND don't need them.....:wink:

Ron, on the other hand, well I'll let him defend himself.:mrgreen:

Eagle1
06-06-2011, 08:46 AM
putting oysters on an open fire is a waste of a good fire, HA HA HA
Don't know if I can make it both days, I'll just have to let Ron win it all.
Scoring "11"s ?????

Eagle1
06-06-2011, 08:48 AM

NO, it's the howling wolf out at 70 m up against a rock wall. : }

BowSitter
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
No howling wolf way out in no mans land. No moose over the pond. Just great shots you will enjoy!

Only real men eat oysters!!

Thanks Mike for your positive post! Wish you were coming down again. If I remember I will bring you some oysters when I come up for the Provincials!

Yes I do believe we will score the X as 11.

Bow Walker
06-07-2011, 09:45 AM
If you're going to take a bunch of oysters up to Mike you might want to make sure you have a decent cooler and a bag or two of ice....:icon_frow

On the other hand you could just stop in at the local supermarket and buy him some (fresh). He's from the Interior - he'll never know the difference.......:wink: :mrgreen:

oldtimer
06-07-2011, 05:05 PM
:mrgreen:[QUOTE=Bow Walker;926635]If you're going to take a bunch of oysters up to Mike you might want to make sure you have a decent cooler and a bag or two of ice....:icon_frow

On the other hand you could just stop in at the local supermarket and buy him some (fresh). He's from the Interior - he'll never know the difference......./QUOTE]

Was that a shot dan ?? I will have you know I am an Officianado when it comes to seafood. Fresh Fanny Bay oysters are some of the best. AND MY FRIEND RON has class :mrgreen:
Plus I think it is about time for you to a little travelling:-D Mike

358win
06-07-2011, 07:54 PM

Maybe an Aligator at 2 yds. strait down! no..wait that was last shoot...

Bow Walker
06-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Maybe an Aligator at 2 yds. strait down! no..wait that was last shoot...
:confused:Maybe the Honey Pot Bear, set back into the shade with the shooters out in the bright sunshine.......no, that's been done too.

:confused:Maybe the Steel Wabbit at 4 yards........Bin der, dun dat.

Hmmm.....:wink:

[QUOTE=Bow Walker;926635]If you're going to take a bunch of oysters up to Mike you might want to make sure you have a decent cooler and a bag or two of ice....

On the other hand you could just stop in at the local supermarket and buy him some (fresh). He's from the Interior - he'll never know the difference......./QUOTE]

Was that a shot dan ?? I will have you know I am an Officianado when it comes to seafood. Fresh Fanny Bay oysters are some of the best. AND MY FRIEND RON has class
Plus I think it is about time for you to a little travelling:-D Mike
Watch out for Ron getting you some Mussels instead of Oysters. I taught him everything I know, but what stuck in the hard drive?!?:mrgreen:

Eagle1
06-10-2011, 03:34 PM
June 11-12th at the Nanaimo Fish and Game.
There is free camping and a pot luck dinner Sat night. We will be cooking the usual salmon on the BBQ and pan fried oysters!
The course is going to be not 1 but 2 x 20 target setups! Cubs are free.
See you then............Ron:-D

So what time does this shoot start?
walk on Saturday or shotgun start, what about Sunday?

BowSitter
06-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Sorry!! The shoot is a 9:30 shotgun start both days.

Eagle1
06-10-2011, 10:24 PM
No problem, thanks Bowsitter.

Eagle1
06-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Good shoot put on by the Nanaimo 3-D guys.
2 different courses of 20 targets each.
Good to see the scoring 11-10-8-5 second arrow 4-3-2
not sure how I did , I had to get the 2 women I was with home.
Ron and I were tied on the first day with 401, I shot a 397 Sunday but left before Ron and his group were done.

oldtimer
06-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Good shooting ! So how was the shoot overall ? Numbers ? food / and how did Ron shoot? Dan did you go ?
people want the news. :) Mike

Bow Walker
06-14-2011, 10:20 AM
I haven't heard from Ron yet. He usually phones and fills me in on things. Maybe I'll have to break down and phone him.

I didn't go Mike because I had a moving truck here and was busy packing stuff to go to storage, in advance of our bigger move into different digs. We're going to be relocating out to North Saanich - which is close to the airport and the ferries. I don't expect to be making any shoots this summer, even the ones in Vict. sad to say.

I've got my sights set on next year - god willing and the creek don't rise.......

BowSitter
06-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Good shoot put on by the Nanaimo 3-D guys.
2 different courses of 20 targets each.
Good to see the scoring 11-10-8-5 second arrow 4-3-2
not sure how I did , I had to get the 2 women I was with home.
Ron and I were tied on the first day with 401, I shot a 397 Sunday but left before Ron and his group were done.

Bill, I shot a 200 in the morning and crapped out in the afternoon!!(193). No excuses just didn't see the distance like I was earlier.

BowSitter
06-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Good shooting ! So how was the shoot overall ? Numbers ? food / and how did Ron shoot? Dan did you go ?
people want the news. :) Mike

Mike the food was incredible!!! Salmon, Oysters, Bear ham, Moose, and lots of other goodies.
The turn out was not as hoped for but we are the third of three two day shoot weekends in a row. We will have to look at moving the shoot around a bit.

oldtimer
06-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Glad everybody had a good time. We will see you at the provincials. Barb and I are staying at the super 8 this year instead of hauling our big 5th wheel down there. See you then.......Mike