PDA

View Full Version : I'm Happier Than A Pig in Shite!

Riverbc
06-03-2011, 06:55 PM
So...back at the start of the year...a week before the Abby 3D indoor shoot, my son in law, gives me his old 2003 PSE Triton, and takes me out to the range. I shoot it..get some groups, then off to the 3D shoot. I had a blast! So now I decide I'm going to take up archery, and get into hunting with the bow as well. The sight on the bow, was an older Trophy Ridge V5, with one of the pins broken off, and the rest was an older one, where the arrow lies flat on two pins, that are parallel to the arrow. After reading http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?65828-NAP-Apache-Trophy-Ridge-V5-Combo I decided to buy a new V5 sight and a NAP Apache fall away rest, and install it on the old bow. While waiting for the parts to be delivered, I decided to look at other bows on line, and the reviews. I liked what I read about the PSE Bow Madness, and thought maybe in a year or two, I'd upgrade to one. As fate would have it, I found an Ebay auction for a store demo 2011 Bow Madness! The highest price was at $270, with 10 minutes left. I put in my maximum bid, with 10 seconds left, and ended up getting the damn thing for $325!! Oh yes, very happy! Off I go to big game archery, and have the sight (wow are the optics ever bright) and rest installed, and had the bow fitted to me. Later that day I go out to the range and shoot the bow and get it sighted in. Love the groupings. Well now I realize I am going to need more arrows. Well, one of the members here, let me know of a place where he gets his arrows from. I check it out and find I can get the same arrow I've been using ,cut, with custom vanes,(2" Blazers) delivered for half the price I was paying before. The arrows arrived yesterday, so I did the paper tune test...Perfect...no adjustment needed.
Today, off to the range with the new arrows....they group nice, but high and to the right of the target....so after sighting the bow in from 20 - 60 yards...it's time for the big test. Slick Trick broadheads! I shot them at 40 and 50 yards. The poor Timmy's lids, didn't stand a chance! I think the slick tricks fly better than my field points! Now I can go hunt, and if I do my part, my equipment can deliver. I've learned a lot from the members here...and I thank you! I am truly happier than a pig in shite!! :D

40 yards

http://www3.telus.net/river_rat/40%20yds.jpg

50 yards

http://www3.telus.net/river_rat/50%20yds.jpg

nolimits
06-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Looks like we have a new Robin Hood around.:-D:-D:-D Practice always makes perfect. Congrats one gettin' soo good.

Bow Walker
06-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Great story, I'm happy for you. Now I'm thinking that you and your son-in-law will be going put for bear? Then out for the early opener for deer? Good luck to you guys.

Riverbc
06-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Great story, I'm happy for you. Now I'm thinking that you and your son-in-law will be going put for bear? Then out for the early opener for deer? Good luck to you guys.
Well, we'll see. He left my daughter and grandson, couple of months ago....that's another story. However I have lined up a Blacktail trip with a friend in Port Alberni, and a Whitetail trip with my nephew in Alberta, near Drumheller. :D

Bow Walker
06-03-2011, 09:42 PM
oops! Sorry to hear that. Enjoy your bow anyway - or as best you can.

Riverbc
06-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Looks like we have a new Robin Hood around.:-D:-D:-D Practice always makes perfect. Congrats one gettin' soo good.

ha ha...thanks...I still have lots to learn...going to have to tackle the 3d course on the side of the mountain soon..then we'll see.

Bow Walker
06-03-2011, 09:54 PM
That club at Ridgedale was where I had my very first experience at shooting a 3D shoot. It was a blast. I sucked, but I had the time of my life.