PDA

View Full Version : Bear Hunting East of PG

McSledder
06-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Went out for a nice drive last night saw one bear on the Stone Buck connector. I spotted it out of the corner of my eye about 50 yards down an old skid trail. Jumped out of the truck and started putting the stalk on it DOH!!! broke a stick with my pants bear saw me and ran away I was also looking the wrong way I thought he went left but he was on my right oh well we'll carry on down the road, We hit the narrow lake FSR kid yell bear, Look a beautiful 5'6" to 6' Cinnamon DOH!!! with a cub oh well carry on another bear on the left nice 5'6" black running into the bush. So we turn around and head out Hit the Coalmine see a nice 6' + running down the road carry on, We then go down the Coalmine Cut off another bear spotted small one on the run. About another km down the road BEAR this one is a shooter 6'6" plus about 150 yards down the road walking stops looks I get out of the truck slowly load up and start walking get to were I saw him could hear him in the bush but cant see him thick bush and down a steep hill on that side of the road, the mosquito's are trying to carry me away, I sit there for a few minutes can still hear him moving around but cant see damn I want this bear, come back tomorrow. Jump back in the truck heading out starting to get to dark. Come around the corner about 2 kms more down the road bear just a little guy making a B-line to the trees. So for not bagging anything it was a good trip I think the count was 7 or 8 bears total in about 4 hours

I think I have a game plan to get the one now though It seems that they dont like vehicles so Im going to drive in to about the 2km mark and walk the rest of the road it is about 8kms total and I think it will give me a better chance of getting one sorry no pics some one forgot the camera DOH!

High Country
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Black bears are creatures of habit! Good chance he will be about the same place around the same time. If he was feeding in a lush spot ( I call them honey holes) I would go back to the same spot a bit ahead of time minding the wind and wait. I am seldom disappointed! Good luck! Sounds like great bear country!

emerson
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Good luck tonight.

Ride
06-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Good luck to you, i was out that way last weekend and we saw 7 bears in total, one of which I took as it was my last weekend of spring bear. Always a good spot for bears. Persistence will pay off.