PDA

View Full Version : it's that time of year again..............................Annual Fishing Derby

newhunterette
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Well we are at the time of year once again when the guys are doing their annual fishing derby up at the lake. Peter and Braydon are heading up Tuesday, June 7 until Monday, June 13........derby begins Thursday ends Saturday.......biggest rainbows takes the win from combination of 3 days 2 lakes (I believe)...

Last year they did a change up and headed farther North to fish the waters near Fraser lake and Francois lake and even Binta lake

This year it is back to the original stomping grounds (Canim Lake) and Braydon joining for his first year (he has become a mancub) there for he will have his man retreat initiation.

I have been honoured once again for my input of food prepping (still havent been able to convince them guys to let me come up and cook for them) but at least they have become wise enough to let me do the prep work for their dinners.

I think it is gonna be a little different again for them as they are fishing smack dab in the middle of the Stanley Cup Playoffs so fishing will be cut short on game days for a little jaunt down to reynold's resort to watch the game.

Water is pretty high on canim still but here's hoping fishing is gonna be a good year.

Hard to believe this derby has been running for 18 years, always for a happy Father's day. Looking back at the calender, Peter was the first of the guys to become a dad..........at age 24 (first born a daughter - no girls allowed rule) now his son is joining the derby at 19. Look out boys last year Matthew joined ya and this year is B-ray - there is new blood going for them trophies.

Best of luck to Peter, Rob, Al, Chris, Frank, Daryl and Harry ........B-Ray is in town lol

word of caution........................Mom, has created the killer fly this year for Braydon to kick ass with.

doubled
06-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Sounds like a fun time Ali. The boys are lucky to have you as their personal chef!! One day I may be so lucky to be a part of something similiar!!!

newhunterette
06-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Sounds like a fun time Ali. The boys are lucky to have you as their personal chef!! One day I may be so lucky to be a part of something similiar!!!
I am for hire...... Lol. I know these guys started this memorial derby for a loss of a friend and I know they all wish they were still able to fish with him but the do his memory a real honour every year and I love the fact that the second generation is now involved.....a tradition to pass on for tons more years (one day us ladies will break the no girls rule) lol

newhunterette
06-07-2011, 03:31 PM
And they're off ..........derby bound

moosinaround
06-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Good fishing gents! Play safe and have fun! Moosin

PS Ali, you should have come further north and shot a black bear while the boys are fishing!

newhunterette
06-07-2011, 04:49 PM
I really wish I could have, Mike but unfortunately it wasn't in the cards for me. Have too much needing to get through at home here. So no Spring bear again for me, maybe fall with be my time. Thanks to you and Steve for your generous invite as well as a few more HBC buds who offered to get me my first bear this Spring. Let's hope next Spring can be my season.